Total Solution This has to be it!

Cate can you send me a link to the fb site? I've choc shakes I'd like to sell/swap

Posted link on your diary.

You really are doing so well

Thanks Shrimp. Feeling a bit flat and very tired today. Hopefully will feel better after a good night's sleep.

Thanks Shrimp. Feeling a bit flat and very tired today. Hopefully will feel better after a good night's sleep.

Found this and thought it might make you laugh :)

image-163867783.jpg

Love it!! Can't wait for the day I step on them and it says 10 something. I'll be crying tears of joy then!

Why are we a slave to the scales? Was it Carrie who smashed hers a while ago? It would be better for our sanity to go off how our clothes fit and how we look but it's addictive to see those numbers going down.. I think that's why I struggle to maintain, it's not exciting to STS

In total irony of last post I had my weigh in today!

Lost 3.3 pounds this week :) Yey! Officially I have lost a stone and a half! :) and now into singles too! *does happy dance*

Last edited:
Doh! Too sleepy and excited to realise that I posted on the wrong diary! This isn't mine :) hope you have a better day today cate xx

Last edited:
Are you feeling better this morning after your sleep?

Cate I am so loving your new pic, you look beautiful xx Great to read your still doing so well and well done on going to the meet up xx

Thanks Katie. Yes, Meet Up was fun. Definitely be going to the next one and will be looking for a couple more to test out too.

Why are we a slave to the scales? Was it Carrie who smashed hers a while ago? It would be better for our sanity to go off how our clothes fit and how we look but it's addictive to see those numbers going down.. I think that's why I struggle to maintain, it's not exciting to STS

I admire the strength of people who don't weigh. For me, not weighing is a form of denial. I know my clothes are feeling tighter but I don't do anything about it and then I deliberately stay off the scales so I don't have to face up to reality. The tighter clothes should be a red flag but as long as I'm still squeezing into the same clothes, no matter how ridiculous I look I just carry on. It's only when I step on the scales and see a number that horrifies me that I am forced to take action. It was going over 17stone for the first time in my life that forced me to do something this time.

Also, apparently, daily weighing is a habit of most slim people. I think us fatties believe that people who aren't fat and who don't seem to put on weight go around eating what they want when they want, never get on the scales and stay that way by luck or by virtue of a super fast metabolism. Now there are some of those about but they are few in number. In fact, most slim people who manage to maintain their weight year in year out keep a VERY close eye on their weight and take immediate action if they see their weight creeping up by even a few pounds. That is what I shall be doing once I get to target. I will never again avoid the scales Monday morning after an indulgent weekend to avoid seeing the damage.

Last edited:
Just gone to get my bar to eat for lunch and realised I've left it at home. :sigh: My colleague has just eaten a salad and is now tucking into a bowl of strawberries and blackberries with yoghurt. I suppose I should count my blessings. She could be downing fish and chips and a bag of doughnuts!! But she's a skinny minny so she's not. And that's why she's a skinny minny! Note to self, Catherine!!!!!

Say it as it is Cate lol.

I use to frown on daily weigh in but its been my savior in that it definitely helps me reign myself in when falling of the wagon x

For me, not weighing is a form of denial.

Yup! I don't think I stepped on a scale for over 5 years until recently and I've promised myself that a weekly weigh in will become ritual. The worst part for me was that every time I went clothes shopping (which was an horrendous affair from start to finish) I'd go up a whole dress size and STILL I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! In the end, like you, I stopped buying clothes. I'm currently trying to get a new job and the thought of interview outfit shopping makes me feel so pathetic that I dread being offered an interview.

Hope you did ok without the bar.

Well, it got to 7pm today and I'd only had my shake for breakfast because I forgot to take a bar into the office. So I decided to have a salad for dinner instead of my other two Exante products. Iceberg lettuce, half a tomato, a small avocado, some cucumber, a couple of quality burgers cooked on the BBQ, a bit of grated cheese and a bit of mayo. Very nice and feeling very full. Had a Coke Zero with it. Have drunk loads of water today too as I always do when I'm in the office. Happy with that. :)

I was just posting in my diary about weighing. I am trying to make it a daily habit, the denial thing talked about above rings very true with me. I have failed at all my weightloss attempts the past couple of years as I refused to weigh myself believing it was counterproductive for me as it was so dispiriting to lose nothing/very little when I had been depriving myself, now I have decided that is something i have just got to suck up as otherwise I either give up as I don't value the weight i have lost as i don't realise I have lost it! or I don't realise how bad things have got as it is easy to avoid looking in the mirror/wear stretchy yoga pants from Next!

Your tea sounded lush Cate, I am looking forward to some nice low carb teas meals like that when I go on hols in a few weeks

x

Back