Total Solution This has to be it!

Well done for getting on the rebounder & well done to James for encouraging you, think I might need to borrow him when I go to the gym to push me on :D x

Encouraging? More like bullying! He was like an army drill sergeant! :whip: But it's what I need. I had to do it in the end just to shut him up from nagging me. :giveup:

Mum told me tonight that my brother, S-I-L and niece are coming over from Switzerland around 12th July for a couple of weeks; that's nine weeks tomorrow. I haven't really got a specific thing to aim for like a holiday or a wedding or anything like that so I'm going to make their visit a bit of a milestone and am aiming to be 14st (196lbs) by then or as near as dammit. Assuming I'm 228lbs tomorrow that's 32 lbs in nine weeks. That's 3.6lbs a week. And that will get me to my half way point too. So it's total focus for the next nine weeks.

Mum told me tonight that my brother, S-I-L and niece are coming over from Switzerland around 12th July for a couple of weeks; that's nine weeks tomorrow. I haven't really got a specific thing to aim for like a holiday or a wedding or anything like that so I'm going to make their visit a bit of a milestone and am aiming to be 14st (196lbs) by then or as near as dammit. Assuming I'm 228lbs tomorrow that's 32 lbs in nine weeks. That's 3.6lbs a week. And that will get me to my half way point too. So it's total focus for the next nine weeks.

That's a great goal and easily achievable if you are focused! Good luck! X

That's a great goal and easily achievable if you are focused! Good luck! X

I'm not sure about 'easily' but I love your confidence in me! LOL. Am going to give it my best shot though.

It's a lovely thing to look forward to and I do think it's good to have something to aim for - with James in your case you'll be super fit by then :D xx

That will give you more to focus on Cate. Lots of fluid, exercise & motivation will get you there x

Hi Cate. Just been catching up with your diary. You're doing amazingly well! Well done to James too for keeping you on track with your rebounder!

Day 13

9.30am -coffee with vanilla shake about 1/6 pack and 350mls
2.15pm - bar and coffee with 1/6 pack vanilla shake 350mls
500mls sparkling water
5,00pm - 1 x sausage, 1 x rasher bacon, 1 x egg
7.00pm - 250mls bouillon
10.00pm - remainder of vanilla shake pack made with 400mls

Not my best day. Started off OK but looking back over the morning I shouldn't have left it so long to have something else but I just wasn't feeling any pain and just forgot about eating or drinking and I'd only had about 1/6 pack so not a lot for my body to be operating on. Once I'd had my bar it seemed to open the floodgates and I really wanted to eat. Had sparkling water to try and quash the urge but it wasn't happening. Ended up having a mini fry up. Heated up some of last night's shepherd's pie for James and again it was the smell and the look of it that just made me want to have some. Didn't needless to say and had a cup of bouillon to try and satisfy the need for a savoury taste. Still really wanted to eat so went to the fridge to get some cheese but realised I'd used all the cheddar to grate over the mash on the top of the shepherd's pie. Nothing else really allowable in the fridge without having to start cooking which I didn't want to do so have been just trying to live with the cravings. Still have the rest of my vanilla shake to have but not feeling like it. I will force it down though soon. Due to my fry up I'm not having my 3rd pack to try and mitigate the over consumption of calories. Not worried about the carbs because there weren't many at all.

I made a big mistake in allowing myself to go so long without having any more liquid. I would definitely have eaten cheese if there'd been any left but as there wasn't I haven't. Feeling a bit fed up tonight about the thought of how long I'm going to be on this. Have been skimming through a few diaries of people who have been doing this since January to try and cheer myself up in the 'if they can do it I can do it' vein. Also, I keep repeating to myself what I said on my post when I re-started almost two weeks ago now: do I want to be 5ish stone lighter come October or stilll be a 17st heifer? Hope tomorrow is a better day and that I get a decent loss on Monday to reinforce my motivation. Think I'll have the rest of my shake now and try and have an early night.

Keep going Cate, new day tomorrow x

Don't worry Cate, you won't feel like this all the time, the days will fly by without you realising :) xx

Hope today goes well Cate xx

Day 14

10.00am - vanilla shake made with 2/3 pack and 400mls water; coffee made with 1/6 pack vanilla shake 350 mls; 1 x rasher of bacon
12.00pm - glass of water 300mls
4.00pm - pack of serrano ham (122 cals); slice of Edam cheese (86 cals); Coke Zero 330mls
5.00pm - bar, bottle of sparkling water 500mls
7.00pm - mug of bouillon 350mls
Evening - sipping water to boost water intake

So not a TS day but still a low carb day. Have only had two packs today to compensate for calories in the real food. Still have 1/6 pack of vanilla shake left to make a coffee but not sure I'll have it as am full up with water and I don't like having coffee this late. Weigh-in tomorrow then head down for week three. Bought myself a bright orangey red lipstick today. I suddenly felt like a change from the neutral colours I usually wear. I think it's a reflection of my more positive outlook. Weird how losing weight impacts in so many different areas of one's life.

Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow! I know what you mean re. State of mind and your lipstick. Even though I know I'm not slim yet, I'm wearing clothes I would never had worn when I was on the way up from goal if that makes sense? Now that I'm heading towards it I feel much better :)

You're still doing so well, you are making lots of sensible choices and like you said even though it's not 100%, you are still doing almost working solution so the weight will still come off. :)

At least you are still here and doing this!

Just weighed in. 2lbs down. I really want to say a lousy 2lbs down but am trying not to go there!! I know from before that a small loss one week is often just a precursor to a larger loss the following week. It's probably my body just adjusting. Well I'm comforting myself with this thought anyway. I know I haven't been 100% but I haven't eaten carbs and even my cheats haven't pushed me over 800 cals a day. When I did LT I lost 12lbs week one, 7lbs week two and then 2lbs week three having been absolutely 100% all three weeks. I remember then I couldn't believe that I'd only lost 2lbs that third week. Anyway, I really have to go all out to cut out the low carb cheats and try and get an exercise regime established. So, starting week three feeling a bit peed off but determined to ride it out. Let's see what another week brings.

Just weighed in. 2lbs down. I really want to say a lousy 2lbs down but am trying not to go there!! I know from before that a small loss one week is often just a precursor to a larger loss the following week. It's probably my body just adjusting. Well I'm comforting myself with this thought anyway. I know I haven't been 100% but I haven't eaten carbs and even my cheats haven't pushed me over 800 cals a day. When I did LT I lost 12lbs week one, 7lbs week two and then 2lbs week three having been absolutely 100% all three weeks. I remember then I couldn't believe that I'd only lost 2lbs that third week. Anyway, I really have to go all out to cut out the low carb cheats and try and get an exercise regime established. So, starting week three feeling a bit peed off but determined to ride it out. Let's see what another week brings.

Hi Cate

2lbs is a great loss but I understand why you're frustrated. Keep going! You're heading in the right direction xx

TMI warning. I've just done a no. 2!! This might be why I only lost 2lbs this morning. I'm not one for daily weighing but am thinking about weighing myself first thing tomorrow morning to see if I've had a bit of a jump downwards as this will give me a boost. Alternatively, just hold out for a better loss next week.

Lol. 2lb is great. Better 2lb off than on. After my first week or two I normally drop to 2lb of less per week. It does seem a lot of work for a couple or less lbs but at least if you stick to it, you'll know you'll not go up whereas with other diets I'm up and down like a yo yo.

keep at it. You're doing great .

Back