Total Solution This has to be it!

Its a bag of sugar so a fair weight to lose really Cate. Stick with it & you'll get there in the end x

Okay, I vowed if this happened I would do this to keep me on track so here goes: I had a major cave last night. Was fine all day but the 2lbs loss was preying on my mind. Anyway, I was re-heating the last of the seemingly never ending shepherd's pie for James dinner and there was a nice neat square and then a little bit extra. So when I took it out of the oven I just thought, to hell with it, I'll eat that little bit. And I did. And I really enjoyed it. And if I'd stopped there it wouldn't have been so bad but while I was eating that bit I'd put some broccoli on to steam to go with James' portion so when I finished mine, I went into the kitchen to dish up his and suddenly I was thinking 'poor kid; this is the third time in a week I've given him this' (having said that, he wasn't complaining as it's one of his favourites so that was my own thoughts talking, justifying my decision to myself) and then I dished up the rest of it and the broccoli for me and put a pizza in the oven for him!! So I finished the rest of the shepherd's pie. The most annoying thing is, I didn't really enjoy the second lot and it was far too much whereas the first little bit had really satisfied me. Reined myself in there and am back to it today. Won't weigh until next Monday and can only hope that the damage will have corrected itself by then. Am probably out of ketosis due to the mash potato and carrots. Stupid, stupid. So having my first coffee of the day with some vanilla shake in it. Penance - say 50 times today: 'do I still want to be a 17stone heifer come October or 5st lighter??????' Hope everyone has a good day.

Okay, I vowed if this happened I would do this to keep me on track so here goes: I had a major cave last night. Was fine all day but the 2lbs loss was preying on my mind. Anyway, I was re-heating the last of the seemingly never ending shepherd's pie for James dinner and there was a nice neat square and then a little bit extra. So when I took it out of the oven I just thought, to hell with it, I'll eat that little bit. And I did. And I really enjoyed it. And if I'd stopped there it wouldn't have been so bad but while I was eating that bit I'd put some broccoli on to steam to go with James' portion so when I finished mine, I went into the kitchen to dish up his and suddenly I was thinking 'poor kid; this is the third time in a week I've given him this' (having said that, he wasn't complaining as it's one of his favourites so that was my own thoughts talking, justifying my decision to myself) and then I dished up the rest of it and the broccoli for me and put a pizza in the oven for him!! So I finished the rest of the shepherd's pie. The most annoying thing is, I didn't really enjoy the second lot and it was far too much whereas the first little bit had really satisfied me. Reined myself in there and am back to it today. Won't weigh until next Monday and can only hope that the damage will have corrected itself by then. Am probably out of ketosis due to the mash potato and carrots. Stupid, stupid. So having my first coffee of the day with some vanilla shake in it. Penance - say 50 times today: 'do I still want to be a 17stone heifer come October or 5st lighter??????' Hope everyone has a good day.

The main thing is that you came on and acknowledged it happened and that it doesn't have to knock you off track completely.
At least you've tried to identify what caused you to go off plan and hopefully you'll still get a good loss in the end, the only way is up from here.

2lb was still a great loss for week 2 and maybe you are being your own worse critic. You have been doing incredibly well and I think you can do it!
Keep going and be strong :)

It was a total act of self-sabotage. I wasn't happy with the 2lb loss, even though I'd been to the loo after I'd weighted, so in fact I'd probably lost more, and even though I kept on telling myself this all I kept feeling all day was only 2lbs, only 2lbs. So not being happy with that, what do I do? Eat a huge portion of food as if that's going to improve the situation. Utterly ridiculous.

So, despite the shepherd's pie incident, I'm not feeling any pain today. It's 2pm and I had two coffees during the morning, each made with 1/6 pack of vanilla shake, and I've just had a bar although I wasn't particularly hungry. Have also had about 900mls water. Not having any urges to hit the ham and cheese which is good. Also, having a day of none stop weeing, only marginally less than day one!

It's funny isn't it, I don't know about you but when I don't lose as much as I think I should for the effort involved, I think "I'll show you" at myself and eat loads. It's like I'm trying to teach myself a lesson.. What lesson I'm not entirely sure?

It's funny isn't it, I don't know about you but when I don't lose as much as I think I should for the effort involved, I think "I'll show you" at myself and eat loads. It's like I'm trying to teach myself a lesson.. What lesson I'm not entirely sure?

I know; it's totally illogical. On the bright side, I've been 100% today and it hasn't been hard. Absolutely no cravings for the old ham and cheese. Have just tried making up the toffee shake as a mousse. It's in the fridge now setting, hopefully! I'll post about how it turns out. Looking forward to a bowl of faux Angel Delight! Mouth is watering just thinking about it. :drool:

Oo yes! Tell me what it's like I didn't know you could do that? X

At least u stopped at the shepherds pie x

Yes, I was completely stuffed afterwards. Amazing how much your stomach shrinks after just two weeks of putting very little in it.

Just reading your update cate. Well done on the 2lbs loss and on facing up to falling off the wagon temporarily and getting straight back on. Be proud of yourself for doing this.

Stay strong.

moonlight (now I must go and write in my diary zand tell myself the same thing )

Have just tried making up the toffee shake as a mousse. It's in the fridge now setting, hopefully! I'll post about how it turns out. Looking forward to a bowl of faux Angel Delight! Mouth is watering just thinking about it. :drool:

Well, that was a complete failure. Firstly, used too much water (500mls) so it tasted really watery. I didn't like the texture. It wasn't like Angel Delight at all. I might try again and use half the amount of water and half a sachet of gelatine powder. Still not keen on the texture though. Also, it did take an hour in the fridge to set and we're told to eat our packs immediately after they've been made up to preserve the integrity of the vitamins and minerals. It's a shame because I was looking forward to having the toffee and choc mint shakes as mousses as not keen on the idea of these flavours, hot or cold, made up as normal shakes. One thing, I make up the strawberry, banana, chocolate and vanilla shakes with 600mls of water and I don't find these too watery at all. But I don't think I'll use any more than 300mls to make up this flavour as a shake.

That sounds nice in theory x

So I said I wasn't going to do this but I couldn't help myself. I weighed this morning and am another 3lbs down since my Monday official weigh-in. Just goes to show that I shouldn't have been so down about only losing 2lbs on the scales as it was just one of those bodily blips. I wish I was disciplined enough to only weigh monthly but I'm not. What I am going to do is remember that, occasionally, the scales may not give a true representation as to what is actually going on and may just need a couple of days to catch up. Feeling positive today. Another 5 days before my official weigh in and 1lb to lose to have lost 1 stone or just 3lbs to lose to get to my first goal of 16st which will be a total loss of 16lbs. Would be great to do this by Monday! :)

Last edited:
That's great news Cate! I think it was worth weighing to give yourself that positive boost and I'm pleased for you that you feel better!

And only 1lb to a stone lost! Wow that's fantastic, sure it'll be gone in no time. :)

That's great news Cate! I'm tempted to weigh daily to cheer myself up (hopefully) from my rubbish 1/2 pound loss this week x

That's amazing n just a few days x

Pleased for you Cate, nearly 1st stone gone, well done x

Brilliant losses so far Cate :) x

Back