Total Solution This has to be it!

Day 8 - Bank Holiday Monday

11am - shake made with 600mls water
2pm - bar and 350mls black coffee
4pm - bouillon 350mls
6pm - 2 x slices of ham
8pm bar
Also 2 x 500ml bottles sparkling water during day

Once I had my shake this morning I just wanted to stuff my face all day which is why I ended up having things on top of each other. To add insult to injury I made a penne bolognese bake for James for his tea. At 4.45pm he asked me what time tea was and I told him about 45 mins as I'd just put in in the oven. When it was ready I dished it up for him and grated some cheese over the top. It looked and smelt fab. I gave it to him and left him to eat it. Two minutes later he came back into the kitchen with it saying he felt ill and didn't want it. I would happily have tipped the whole lot over his head!! It was all I could do not to tuck into it myself. But by now I was craving food so ended up having a couple of slices of ham. Don't know what to do about this ham habit. Am I making it too easy to cheat by buying it and having it available? On the other hand, if it's not there, will I cheat on worse stuff? It's a dilemma. I think for the moment, as I'm still having strong urges to eat something it's best to have it but I will try to wean myself off it over the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping that after a few weeks and the weight coming off I'll feel more motivated and less inclined to cheat. Overall, not a bad day.

One thing, watched Gary Barlow being interviewed by James Corden on the TV tonight. I LOVE Gary Barlow. He was talking about his wilderness years and putting on weight. James asked him what he was at his heaviest and he said 17stone!! I was 2lbs heavier than that last week. Really need to get a grip and just do this.

Last edited:
I't better to have 2 slices of ham than a slice of toast! You did really well resisting eating your son's tea!

Cate, I think you are doing really well! All that effort making dinner just for the kids not to eat it is soo frustrating. For this first week, I have my h2b cooking all the meals for him and the kids since I know I am a taster when I make food so need to be in the zone before I can cook without eating it lol.

With the ham, I think it is a positive thing that you are choosing to eat that instead of something much worse, I get though that you'd rather not! But I think you are right, I think it is better to have the ham as an option rather than not and go for something worse. So stick to your guns and hopefully the ham will disappear from your daily diet soon :)

Hi Cate, just subscribing.

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1:

Hi Ella, welcome to my diary. Will be great to keep up with each other's progress.

Cate, I think you are doing really well! All that effort making dinner just for the kids not to eat it is soo frustrating. For this first week, I have my h2b cooking all the meals for him and the kids since I know I am a taster when I make food so need to be in the zone before I can cook without eating it lol.

With the ham, I think it is a positive thing that you are choosing to eat that instead of something much worse, I get though that you'd rather not! But I think you are right, I think it is better to have the ham as an option rather than not and go for something worse. So stick to your guns and hopefully the ham will disappear from your daily diet soon :)

I know. Fortunately, I only have the one and no other half to cook for. He'll be getting tonight's food heated up again for his dinner another night this week!!

Well done got resisting pasta. Like Lynne says, a slice if ham us better than a slice of toast.

If I had ham it chicken it prawn in the house, I'd eat them. It would encourage me to cheat. So I don't buy it. Nearly bought it the other day but put them back on the shelves because deep down I knew I was buying them with the intention if having them. Not as an emergency back up, but a definite. Mind you, I'd eat the lot in one go!

You will still be in ketosis anyway!

Have a good day :) x

Well done got resisting pasta. Like Lynne says, a slice if ham us better than a slice of toast.

If I had ham it chicken it prawn in the house, I'd eat them. It would encourage me to cheat. So I don't buy it. Nearly bought it the other day but put them back on the shelves because deep down I knew I was buying them with the intention if having them. Not as an emergency back up, but a definite.

This is what I'm thinking. If I don't have them in will it stop me cheating or will I just eat something that I shouldn't. I'm going to give myself a couple more weeks and then really try to knock the cheating on the head. If I really felt I needed something I could maybe have half a bar.

For some reason if I want to cheat but there's no ham, I don't have anything, it seems to pass. I'd rather die than have carbs!!! But if it was there, the ham, if have that and then I'd have the rubbish that follows, because if have enjoyed the taste sensation and if want more! I don't have a stop setting! You can at least stop! Hat off to you :) x

Heard the sad news about the death of Elena Baltacha. She was only diagnosed with liver cancer in January and four months later she's dead. I don't mean for this to be in bad taste but I was thinking about how, if I was told I had four months left to live, or six, or 12 even, it would seem like no time at all. And it really is no time at all. So there can be NO EXCUSE for not sticking to this until I reach my goal which is easily achievable within 6-8 months, even allowing for a few bumps in the road. On top of that, a beautiful, talented young woman who had recently got married and had so much to live for had her life stolen by an illness she had no control over. I have wasted so much of my life obsessing over my weight and feeling unhappy with myself as a result when the solution has always been entirely under my control. No more. RIP Elena.

Yes, agree.

She overcame an illness all her life to achieve great things, but no-one can fight liver cancer.

We can control our weight. Cancer sometimes can't be controlled. We don't have cancer. We have a chance to be the best we can be. Just like that inspirational woman. God bless her and her new husband x

Day Nine

9.00am - black coffee 350mls
11.00am - shake 600mls
Bottle of sparkling spring water 500mls
4.00pm - bar and black coffee 300mls
9.30pm - carbonara made with 200mls water, added a slice of chopped up ham and a tiny bit of grated cheese
More water to be drunk this evening

So an OK day. No real hunger pangs today. Found the FB Exante swap site and found another Cardiff lady who wanted some bars and had veg soup, mushroom soup, mushroom risotto and pasta carbonara to swap. We arranged to meet at a large Tesco's half-way between where we both live. Felt like a drug dealer standing in the foyer, discreetly swapping our stashes. LOL. So have tried the carbonara. Tastes similar to normal carbonara but not the same. Kind of like its evil twin. Added a bit of ham and a tiny bit of cheese to make it more palatable but not sure I'll be having it again. Also, only made about seven mouthfuls even with the added extras but it has filled me up and it is nice to eat something warm. And I off-loaded the dreaded red berry bars! Result!

Hi Cate, found your diary! Just checking in :) you're doing really well - that first week loss is great!

Hi Cate, these super markets do come in handy. I use them to up my steps by walking around the car park & up & down the aisle in my lunch break even if I don't need to buy anything. I'm sure the security guard thinks I'm casing the joint :eek:.

Hope your day is going well xx

Day 10

8.30am - shake 600mls
9.30am - black coffee 250mls
11.30 - black coffee 250mls
1.30pm - bar and water 350mls
4pm - water 350mls
6.00pm - 2 x slices of ham
6.30pm - spag bol with small amount of grated cheese made with 220mls water
Sipping 500mls sparkling water

Not a bad day apart from the old ham fix. Thing was I was in the office today and was starving by the time I got home. I'd already decided to have the spag bol and knew it was going to take me about 25 mins to prepare and I was just so hungry I had to eat something. Other than that, I am starting to get used to the routine of a TFR diet, again, and I'm hoping things can only get better. So tried the spag bol tonight and had really high hopes for it as lots of people rave about it but eeewwww. It was the worst I've had so far. Had a really weird taste. So I won't be having that again.To make matters worse, for James' dinner I was re-heating the penne bolognese bake that I made on Monday that he never ate and it smelled divine but I wasn't tempted. TBH the meal packs have been a bit of a disappointment but I guess the chilli has been my favourite up to now. I guess they serve a purpose for when you want something hot, and a shake or bar just aren't going to cut it, but I'm not that impressed with any of them. Shepherd's pie and mushroom risotto still to try. Maybe one of those will do the trick. It would be good to find a meal that I like, especially for nights like tonight when it could be November it's so grey and miserable. Just the night to tuck into some fab comfort food.:cry:I'm sitting here now, sipping some sparkling water and looking at my rebounder. I dug it out of the cupboard a few days ago but haven't yet done anything other than look at it so at the moment it's just taking up space in the living room to no purpose. I must get on it tonight. One thing, I think the waistband of my jeans is feeling a tad more comfortable in that I don't feel like I could be cut in half at any minute. Hope everyone's day went well. :)

Sorry you didn't like the spag bols. Loads of people add garlic n pepper etc to make it more palatable.

I'm easily pleased, I love everything. I'm just grateful for something that is not watery!

Hope u get that rebound thing going :) x

I love the spag Bol! I add salt and pepper cayenne some fresh rosemary and chives to it. It's my fav so far out of carbonara, and turkey dinner - trying chilli tonight for the first time :)

It can be hard with the meals - I don't like any! I can stomach the porridge but even gone off that recently. I don't like the bars either so I am a shakes girl :D.

Hopefully you find something you like out of the ones you have left to try! :)

It can be hard with the meals - I don't like any! I can stomach the porridge but even gone off that recently. I don't like the bars either so I am a shakes girl :D.

Hopefully you find something you like out of the ones you have left to try! :)

I don't like porridge in any case. I do love the double chocolate and the hot cross bun bars and the toffee nut and chocolate orange bars are fine too. But I didn't like the raspberry bars.

Worth trying the Shepherds pie next. Its the only hot meal I like & I find its the closest thing to tasting like the real thing. I add a bit of cayenne cos I like my food spicey :) x

Back