Total Solution This has to be it!

Cate great to hear about the lack of muffin top. Those 16's are so close.

and you are so positive x

Ha ha, today I'm positive!! :rolleyes:

Hi Cate. It's great to hear you being so positive. Isn't that great, no muffin top - wish I could say the same! I've got a wardrobe full of size 16s I bought lat year when I got down to the 11s but now none of them fit!

You'll get back into them, Lynne. Just got to keep on going.

Had a sneaky weigh this morning to see how I was doing after my chocolate blow out on Monday night followed by two pretty good days. Another 2lbs down since Monday taking me to exactly 2 stone off. 2lbs to go to get me to my next goal of 15stone. Would love to be there on Monday but might be expecting a bit too much. I seem to lose my weight early on in the week and then STS for the rest of the week up to weigh in. Still, it's all in the right direction. Weighing again on Saturday to check my calendar month loss.

2lbs off after a chocolate blowout I'm impressed! Well done x

2lbs off after a chocolate blowout I'm impressed! Well done x

I was relieved, I have to admit. Another good thing was that, by my previous standards, this chocolate 'blow-out' barely came close but I couldn't eat anymore as was starting to feel sick. I didn't feel good the next morning either so hoping my tolerance levels have gone down and also the memory of how rough I felt on Tuesday morning will keep me from indulging in any future similar activity!

Wow great loss especially under the chocolatey circumstances. Just think, if you'd gone 'Oh sh1t I've blown it now I may as well carry on eating' you wouldn't have lost 2lbs! I need to remember that, I'm very good at turning a small mess up into a big one because "well I've ruined it now so I might as well".
x

Wow great loss especially under the chocolatey circumstances. Just think, if you'd gone 'Oh sh1t I've blown it now I may as well carry on eating' you wouldn't have lost 2lbs! I need to remember that, I'm very good at turning a small mess up into a big one because "well I've ruined it now so I might as well". x

Completely agree!! Well done for the damage limitation and whoop whoop for the 2lb off :)

excellent result Cate, well done. You will soon be at your next goal x

Wow great loss especially under the chocolatey circumstances. Just think, if you'd gone 'Oh sh1t I've blown it now I may as well carry on eating' you wouldn't have lost 2lbs! I need to remember that, I'm very good at turning a small mess up into a big one because "well I've ruined it now so I might as well".
x

I haven't done that at all. I've found it really easy to just put it behind me and move on. I think maybe because I've accepted that there will be occasional slips but that doesn't mean they have to turn into a landslide. And I try to be matter of fact about it. The slip ups are just a part of the journey. None of us are perfect. :blahblah:

Last edited:
I haven't done that at all. I've found it really easy to just put it behind me and move on. I think maybe because I've accepted that there will be occasional slips but that doesn't mean they have to turn into a landslide. And I try to be matter of fact about it. The slip ups are just a part of the journey. None of us are perfect. :blahblah:

It's really positive that you are managing to do this Cate. Some of us aren't quite there yet! I still find that if I go off track, then that's often me for the rest of the day. The difference in me now is that at least I try to restart the next day. I know I'll get there eventually. itr's about keeping at it and not giving up. You're nbeing inspirational at the moment!

Thanks Lynne.

So, had a night out tonight. A four course Italian meal at a local pub/restaurant while listening to Deano Martini!! In fact he was very good and I love all that Rat Pack music. He did some Michael Buble too but wasn't quite as good. So, how did I cope?

On arrival - glass of prosecco - didn't have
On table - basket of speciality breads - didn't touch
First course - antipasti plate - had the meats and scraped the tomato pieces off the top of the bruschetta and ate those
Second course - pasta tricolore - three types of pasta - spag bol, penne pesto, cheesy gnocchi - didn't eat any
Main course - chose baked salmon with garlic butter and white wine sauce with green beans. Didn't have any potatoes and had the sauce served on the side so could limit it
Pudding - resisted profiteroles, panna cotta and tiramisu and opted for cheese instead. Had about 1/3 of what they gave me and a couple of small water crackers.
Drank soda water all night.

This was on top of two Exante packs today and two teaspoons of vanilla shake in coffee. Pretty pleased with how I coped and had a really good night. Glad I decided to go instead of avoiding the night because of the meal.

Last edited:
Hi cate. Delighted to hear you are doing so well. That 15 st target is just knocking on the door. Well done.:woohoo:

Absolutely fantastic will power Cate! Well done, you will soon be out of the 15's x

Excellent food choices there, well done. x

Just to say I've been read through your diary and you should be so proud of yourself, you've done so well! Keep it up and keep postng! :)

Today is my second calendar month weigh-in and in the month I have lost 10lbs, going from 15.12.5lbs to 15.2.5lbs. 2.5lbs to get to my next mini goal and 3.5lbs to be out of the 15s. In fact, this is a 0.5lb gain from a couple of days ago but that's probably because I ate a couple of sweet chlli beef kebab skewers with cucumber for my dinner last night. Day to day, the 15s have felt like a slog a lot the time but when you take a step back, losing 10lbs in a month is a good rate of loss.

Having said that, I don't want the 14s to take as long to get through so for the next month I am going to try really hard not to cheat as much and to seriously up the exercise.

Today I am going out to meet a group of women I have never met before. Some of you may know of the 'Meet-up' website where you can register and specify where you are, what interests you have and then you get invitations from groups to attend their meet-ups. It's a good way to expand your social life if you want to. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I registered and said I was interested in meeting more women around my own age and then received an invitation from the Cardiff Meet-up Fab 50s group. The group's first meet up is this afternoon and I'm really looking forward to it. I have a very limited social life and I need to expand my social network. I'm not sure I'd have had the confidence to do this a few weeks ago so losing 2 stone has already made a difference to me feeling able to make positive changes to my life. Will report back later and catch up with diaries. Have to go and do some housework stuff now as I'm going to be out all afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day. :)

Last edited:
Ah that's lovely cate, well done for being brave and getting out there to meet new people! Is t it amazing how losing a bit of weight can make us reassess lots of other things in our lives?

You'll be at your next goal in no time - when I'm a bit disappointed I (try) to remember back to sw or ww days - there was no way I would have lost 10lb in a month on those - maybe 6 of I was really lucky!

If you lost 10lb per month every month that's 120lb a year - there'd be nothing left ;-)

Back