Total Solution This has to be it!

Cate...I just put weight on if I stay off the scales. It's the reality of seeing the number which ensures I take action....x

I was just posting in my diary about weighing. I am trying to make it a daily habit, the denial thing talked about above rings very true with me. I have failed at all my weightloss attempts the past couple of years as I refused to weigh myself believing it was counterproductive for me as it was so dispiriting to lose nothing/very little when I had been depriving myself, now I have decided that is something i have just got to suck up as otherwise I either give up as I don't value the weight i have lost as i don't realise I have lost it! or I don't realise how bad things have got as it is easy to avoid looking in the mirror/wear stretchy yoga pants from Next!

It's a tricky one. I don't weigh daily while I'm doing this because the fluctuations mess with my head. I try to weigh no more than twice a week but preferably only once. However, once I reach goal I will be weighing daily for the reasons given above.

I can understand your reasoning Cate, and I am a good example this week of where daily weighing is sometimes not helpful! Last time round I weighed weekly and on the low loss yet 100% weeks it hit me even harder though as I'd been building up to weighing day in my head so the wind was knocked even further out of my sails. Between a rock and a hard place I suppose!

In the past I have done well by not weighing and eating sensibly however I do find it easier when I am weighing daily when TS as the strictness of it helps keep me on track xx

Before starting this diet I would weigh every single morning (but never did anything about the ever increasing numbers!), it was hard changing to once a week but now I have been doing it for a few weeks it has become my new routine. When I get to target I think I will need to swop back to daily weighing to keep me there.

I've done something a bit mad. I've joined Match.com. Haven't finished my profile and haven't actually paid any money yet so didn't realise what I have put on there would be seen by anyone. Wrong. I've had 15 emails, 37 winks and 31 people have added me to their favourites!! Yikes. I guess I will have to subscribe now and see who all these blokes are. TBH, not holding my breath but you never know. Won't want to meet anyone until I've lost another stone at least but can get to know some of them by email for a while I guess. I've also just ordered a 'date' dress for dinner in a nice restaurant - in a size 14!! That's rather jumping the gun I know but here's hoping that a) I get the chance to wear it and b) I get to the point where I can fit into it! Need to invest in some Spanx as well. The link to the dress is below. I've ordered it in coral.

Jolie Moi 3/4 sleeve lace midi dress Coral - House of Fraser

Last edited:
I've done something a bit mad. I've joined Match.com. Haven't finished my profile and haven't actually paid any money yet so didn't realise what I have put on there would be seen by anyone. Wrong. I've had 15 emails, 37 winks and 31 people have added me to their favourites!! Yikes. I guess I will have to subscribe now and see who all these blokes are. TBH, not holding my breath but you never know. Won't want to meet anyone until I've lost another stone at least but can get to know some of them by email for a while I guess. I've also just ordered a 'date' dress for dinner in a nice restaurant - in a size 14!! That's rather jumping the gun I know but here's hoping that a) I get the chance to wear it and b) I get to the point where I can fit into it! Need to invest in some Spanx as well. The link to the dress is below. I've ordered it in coral. Jolie Moi 3/4 sleeve lace midi dress Coral - House of Fraser

Good for you! I met my husband on match.com 5 years ago :) xx

Lovely dress too :)

Dress is gorgeous - nice one joining match.com and look at what it did for yoyo! You might meet your right un on there too! x

I know a couple of people that met on there too ! That's a lot of interest you have there so far Cate x

Just spent the last hour trying on some of the clothes I'm desperate to shrink back into. One item in particular, a pair of size 16, white boot-cut jeans, I can finally get all the way up although I can't quite do them up yet. About another 10-14lbs I reckon. I remember when I LT in 2011, I'd had these in my wardrobe for about 2-3 years and never been able to get into them. When I finally managed it I was 14st 4lbs and was on cloud nine for the whole day - marred only by the fact that James was violently ill later in the day and was sick on them!! They looked great on me and I felt great in them for about 5 weeks and then they started feeling feeling really baggy around my bottom so I stopped wearing them. I remember being a bit fed up, perversely, because I'd had them in my wardrobe for sooooo long, really loved wearing them, then only had a few weeks enjoyment out of them! They came back out for a while when the weight was going back on but then inevitably I couldn't get them on any more and so away they went. I promised myself I wasn't going to go anywhere near them until I got to 200lbs but couldn't resist today. In fact, putting them on and realising how close I am to being able to wear them again has given me a big boost. I WILL be in them by the end of July at the latest. Can't wait.

I'm supposed to be going to a BBQ tomorrow but don't know what will happen about that as the forecast isn't good. Then James wants to go and see the new Transformers movie on Sunday. Joy!! Will probably end up falling asleep. I nearly always do in kids' films. I get into those big, comfy seats, snuggle down in the dark and I'm off. Wishing everyone a great weekend. :)

I always get a far bigger thrill fitting into clothes I outgrew (...grown women shouldn't outgrow their clothes! :eek: ) than the number on the scale. It's when you can see and feel the difference by fitting into something that makes the weight loss battle worthwhile. So pleased it has given you a boost. You're doing great x

ha ha Cate the best thing to do is sleep through kids movies. I am not a big film person anyway, has to be something special to grab me (last film I enjoyed was 'Rush'), but dd1 loves films and the only way forward is to send her with dh - who'll watch anything!
I loved reading about your white jeans - isn't it interesting how they are a marker on your journey - a joy to fit in again but bittersweet when you shrink to not fit them anymore - and even more bittersweet to go the other way and fit them again but then to have outgrown them. Let this summer be the last time you fit them becasue after that they are always to big for you :)
Good timing to be coming back into them late summer - would have been a shame to fit them for a couple of months mid winter! I had a pair of low waisted white wide legged linen trousers in a size 10 that I can't wait to get back into, they fitted so nicely round the bum and I felt great in them. No chance of them fitting this summer but if I get to goal and maintain then I hope to be in them next summer :)

I had a pair of low waisted white wide legged linen trousers in a size 10 that I can't wait to get back into, they fitted so nicely round the bum and I felt great in them. No chance of them fitting this summer but if I get to goal and maintain then I hope to be in them next summer :)

Errrr, don't you mean WHEN I get to goal and maintain, Mrs?!!! ;)

Just think you will be able to wear your white jeans for the whole of August. I love the dress and coral is a brilliant colour x

Yeah you'll get some wear out of them this year Cate.

You know I have never had a pair of white trousers. (Had a white mini skirt in my younger days but that won't be happening again lol )

Will have to put a pair on my list of things to get when I get to target.

You will deffo be in then soon enough! I think mine are mini size 12s (although possibly 14s) so I don't think I'll get any wear out of then unfortunately - unless it suddenly becomes fashionable to wear white skinny jeans in the middle of winter... I think not lol!!

Good luck, keep on trooping you're doing so well :)

Back