This is it... I’ve had enough!

Right so today the diet starts! I’ve had enough and it has got out of control. In 2016 I was 15 stone when I started (and failed) losing weight. I have avoided weighing myself since.... but now I am a shocking 18 stone 10. WOW! I have never been so heavy, not even whilst 9 months pregnant. Urgghh.

I want to lead a healthier lifestyle and gain my confidence back!! So TODAY, not tomorrow or Monday, is the day. My plan is low carb healthy eating. Bye chocolate, crisps and takeaways. Target is 2 stone 10 by Christmas.

Wish me luck.... I will be updating often, to keep myself motivated!! C x

Thank you!! I know it won’t be easy... it’s the knowing I’ll be in this for about a year which is daunting! But... this past year has flown by so that’s keeping me a tad more optimistic :)

Yeah it's understanding that you are in this for the long haul and it isn't a quick fix no matter what plan you are following.

Even when I get to goal weight which I will be this year its still gonna be a challenge maintaining - never ending really!

But we will get there.

This forum is amazing for support so it is, I don't know what I'd do without it really.

You’ve done great, I can see you’ve lost 5 stone? How long has it taken you and what ‘diet’ have you followed?
And I posted on here as it should hopefully give me a little more motivation to log in and post progress etc

Yup as of this morning I've lost 5st 3lbs since mid April.

I'm doing Exante which is a meal replacement and usually 1 meal a day. It's working so well but the real challenge will come with maintaining for me.

Once I get to goal weight I am going to keep on a low carb high protein diet and monitor my calorie intake on My Fitness Pal.

That’s fab!! In 2011/12 I did Cambridge and slim n save and lost 7 stone. I kept it off for months without any issue at all until I became pregnant with my son in 2013 and piled it on. But definately at fault as I just ate so much rubbish!! I remember maintaining by doing 2 days of meal replacement a week and the rest just having what ever really. But that’s definately not ideal long term it is all about the healthy eating as a lifestyle. Hopefully 5/6 months I’ll be where you are now :) C x

A little update, yesterday went well I stayed very low carb. I had an omelette and avacado for brunch and chicken and bacon for my tea.
Today I’ve had a couple of boiled eggs and some pork scratchings and plan to have fish and veg for my tea. And lots of water! I have also bought some ketostix to check when I am in ketosis. Feeling positive, but it is only day 2 and I tend to truffle around the 6/7 day mark. If I can get through 2 solid weeks I know it will be a lot easier for me. Holiday booked for next May and I won’t be the fat whale by the pool :eek: C x

Back