This is it.....I will be a thin bride!

You *can* do this! Have a great time with your friend - she is going to be so pleased for you!

Well I did it! Stuck to SS (mostly?!) I overslept and didn't have time for my breakfast tetra so saved it until lunchtime when I had both that and a bar. Nobody noticed or just didn't say anything so drunk and chomped away. Met my friend who didn't say anything at first but when her OH went to the loo said I was looking good.

I didn't actually get round to telling her I was on the diet as didn't have a chance. The only slight slip up was when she bought a cocktail for me, she actually bought me a cucumber cocktail coz it was on the 'skinny' drink list (bless). I felt a bit rude not drinking it so I did.....bad I know (ketosis and all that) but it was a one off (and delicious).

So to sum up, wasn't the perfect I was going for but very nearly almost.....

Well done for holding out and just drinking the cucumber cocktail (sounds intriguing, as didn't know there was such a thing)! Bet that it doesn't throw you out of ketosis as I'm sure you've been drinking your water, which will help flush out all the extra sugars from the cocktail quickly.

Great that your friend noticed that you're looking good! Too bad the OH was there or you could have told her all about CD. But still - the results are visible and noteworthy - woo hoo!!! :)

So my good day yesterday didn't last long :-( couldn't avoid a group situation tonight and the only thing that looked remotely healthy was a falafel salad. Once I'd had that it was like opening flood gates, had biscuit, haribo, few other silly things.

I'm quite gutted and feeling miserable in my hotel room. I'm hoping by posting this I will remember this feeling and it will stop me straying again.

I'm drawing a line under today, joting it down to experience and looking forward to starting again 2mw!

We wouldn't be human if we weren't tempted from time to time. A falafel salad sounds lovely and I love Haribo gummi bears! Ah!!!

You know the drill - drink loads of water and straight back on tomorrow. A blip is not failure, it's just part of the journey. The key is keeping going! :)

Thank you :) I'm trying to see the positives that it could have been a lot worse, lol.

Last day of my course 2mw, so back to Wales and back to my routine, good times!

Best thing to do it draw a line on it and move on! Just get straight back to normal and you will minimise any damage :)

So I went to my WI on Thursday fully expecting to STS, and was fine with that, but I actually lost 2lbs.

I think its given me confidence in the fact that soon I will have to make food choices and I can make the right decisions (despite years of NOT making them, lol).

Have been 100% since and feeling good about it. Its funny, work is uber-stressful at the moment, I have important exams in a few weeks and in the past I would have felt totally out of control. But on this diet I am in complete control and therefore the other things don't feel as bad.....that probably doesn't make a lot of sense but I know what I mean, ha ha.

On a less philosophical issue, I tried the porridge today, maple and pecan.....yuck! ;-)

Congratulations on losing!!! Yay! And I do know what you mean - the feeling of being able to manage your food choices and weight after years of not being able to is translating into other areas of your lfe as well. Very cool!

As for the porridge.... every now and again I really want hot porridge in the morning, so I do get a couple of sachets a week, and every time I have the porridge (plain or not) I just choke it down thinking it's got vitamins and nutrition I need. But really...it's exactly like the glue paste we used as kids to make paper mache models! You'd think they'd be able to make it more appetizing! :p

Just catching up on your diary. I think your doing fab, a 2lb loss after 3 nights away added to the extra pressure at work is pretty good. Well done :) x

Thanks Angel, I know I don't post a lot but I do regularly read your diary, its really inspiring.

Lost 3lbs this week, my CDC and I had a big chat and decided that its time to move up to SS+. I'm 1st 3lbs from target and my BMI is nearly 25.

I was totally freaked out at first coz I wasn't really expecting to eat food for a few weeks yet but after talking about it, its only 50 more calories than what I'm on now (4 packs as I'm a tall-y) and gives me a lot more flexibility.

I'm a little apprehensive but I'm just going to give it a go.....didn't think I could manage SS but I did for 8 weeks so.....

Just going to keep coming on here, getting tips and motivation and keep losing weight.....fingers crossed :-D

Hiya chick,

I think you did really well considering you were out of your comfort zone and away from home and in situations you couldnt control. And at least you ate a salad and not some saucey pasta thing which would of been terrible!! Slips happen its carrying on after them thats the hard bit and getting back on track and youve done that so be proud of yourself. You still had a loss which is amazing so very well done. x

Thank you, I definately think thats the difference this time, having the motivation and determination to get right back on track!

The other thing I've done tonight is cut up a few of my bars, put different flavours in little bags and they will be brought out whenever an egg is lurking! Ha ha

ooo thats clever itll be like a lil bag of sweets!
I only like the peanut and mint choc ones so wouldnt really work for me but great idea.
Keep going x

Thank you, I definately think thats the difference this time, having the motivation and determination to get right back on track!

The other thing I've done tonight is cut up a few of my bars, put different flavours in little bags and they will be brought out whenever an egg is lurking! Ha ha

Cambridge Revels ^_^

What a fab idea for the bars, I have a few extra as try not to have one everyday but order 7 a week so may just do that x

Back