This is it.....

Hi All

So, I started slimming world 3 days ago and to be honest it's about time. I am way overweight and have been for the past 15 years. But as you are all more than aware, it is impossible to diet and lose weight until you have the mind set to do it.
I have been on every diet humanly imaginable, including several that I think may have been written by weight loss comediennes. The colour diet for example.... I actually spent 5 weeks, 2 hours a day shining a red light at my solar plexus and only eating warm coloured foods. . Needless to say I lost no weight, but this could have been due to the fact that I classed the purple wrapper of Cadbury's chocolate and the red packaging of ready salted Pringles as warm foods...lol.
But I now have the mind set and I am on my way. I love this website as it will hopefully give me and others the much needed support that can be lacking when trying to lose weight.

GL to all xxxx:rolleyes:

Slight tea-time crisis. I have found from past experience that if I don't plan my meals at the start of the day I will pretty much eat what I can find....not good. My tea time meal plan this morning was mushy peas on toast (probably gross to most people but I love it).

All was going well until I realised I had put the tin opener in the dishwasher...and then turned it on before opening the mushy peas. As the spag bol ready meal began to shout my name from the freezer, I decided to take drastic action and open the dishwasher.....

Big mistake....or not, depending on how you look at it. I have now eaten my mushy peas on toast and and very proud that I did not succomb to the callings of the spag bol, and I have also finished 30 mins of high impact exercise by moppping the foot of soapy water off the kitchen floor.......success I think.

Hi Cat
You made me laugh about your weird and wonderful diets!!
I think most of us can relate to trying weird diets, believing that they are the answer.

Well done on not resistng the spag bog as well.

Good luck and this is a great forum to get support.

Rosie xx

Hello Cat... the tale of the irradiating light to the gut made me howl! I've been there myself. I tortured my mum when I was about 14 to buy me a weight loss system based on (wait for it!)... sniffing phials of floral essences! Christ. Mum still won't let me live that one down.

Mushy peas are a most under-valued foodstuff, I think. Let the world scoff, they don't know what they're missing. Probably shouldn't admit this, but I've added curry powder to mine in the past... think I've added just about everything at some stage!

I know what you mean about getting into the right headspace to lose the weight. It's like you climb a mountain just to get to that starting point. Probably the most difficult part - making that resolution and starting - I think it's actually downhill all the way from there.

The best of possible luck to you this time round. And well done on the mop workout!

Hi Cat, I have just read your irradiating light to the gut. You have made an insomniac very happy. Laughed so loud I scared my cat. Rock on keep up the good work. With your spirit and humour you will lose the weight in no time.
Jellybaby xxx

My biggest downfall with dieting is the exercise thing. I hate gyms and prefer to exercise in the comfort of my own home. In fact if it was possible I think I would exercise in the comfort of my own arm chair...

To try and boost the overall weight loss I know exercise is a must so last week I bought a Wii Fit...
It is absolutely fabulous, if not a little upsetting to start with. When you first create your wii person you have to put your weight and height etc, so the wii fit can record your weight loss through the weeks. My wii person was looking fabulous in a red strappy top and black leggings, until I put my current weight in. My lovely looking wii person then spread outwards for several seconds until it looked like I'd just been on a massive muffin eating binge :mad:((

The wii fit weightometer then shot up to the red end at the top of the screen and my wii person's face looked like it had been slapped with a wet fish... never mind, at least I only have to do that once. Hopefully the 7 extra stomaches the wii gave my avatar will start to come down as I exercise and diet.

Still feeling very optimistic and happy about finally setting my goal to lose weight, hope it stays with me as it obviously has with lots of you as some of you have done amazingly well and are a great inspiration.

Oh No!
I have just spent over an hour creating a slimming world masterpiece in receipe cooking. Macaroni Cheese Bake with Broccoli & Cabbage, Fromage Frais Sauce. It has been baking for 30 minutes and I have just taken it out of the oven to cool. I have been looking so forward to it and as I walked back into the kitchen I noticed that my 2 year old Border Collie had a rather sinister looking "Macaroni Style" on her face.
She's eaten it. The entire bake, and licked the dish clean.
Gutted....and trying not to devour the 6 Curly Wurly chocolate bars I put away for an emergency 5.5 syns each chocolate fix....

On a brighter note, I have lost 9 lbs so far since a week last Friday and I an delighted..

9lbs is absolutely fantastic, well done you - you must be over the moon!

I'm going to read it as a testament to your cooking skills that your border collie availed herself of a low calorie pasta bake. Must have been tasty!

Back