This is me...my incredible journey

weebles said:
Back from WI and down 3lbs. Wasn't 'over the moon' with joy or happiness as I am not focusing on weight now. I really REALLY need to tone up and get moving!!
Talked with the LLC as I was weighing in (about goal changes etc)and she tells me that the book we are about to start will help deal with what I am asking.

So class starts up and yet ANOTHER road block in my life that I must deal with. EEEGADS!!! Now I am bummed out. More thinking to do and actually got some feedback from the class that really got to the source of ONE (of the many) problems/blocks I have.
Will try their suggestions as I really and truly must overcome this fear - it prevents me from so much in life.
OH...what is my fear? Don't laugh, please...k? But it is going out in public. Seriously!! I detest 'sticking out' in a crowd and with this attitude, I don't find my jogging easy. I feel everyone is laughing at the FAT lady and making comments.
This rang true with me when I was THIN as well...and I chose to to run after midnight back then.
Well lovelies...this is one thing I need to tackle.
Best go now...as OH needs to talk to me...he is in buckets over something

xx

Fab 3lbs :)

I know what you mean about toning being the focus, my jelly belly resembles a popped balloon :(

My theory - having always been very shy - and better one to one than in a crowd. Is that there is always someone else who craves taking centre stage so leave it to them!!

As for exercising - would you really think that about someone running? No - most folk will be filled with admiration - and those who are mean will be mean about most things - it's in their nature.

None of us would be on this diet if we were Bay Watch babes!! But we can continue to improve and make the best of ourselves, our health, our wellbeing and jiggly bits too!! :) :)

Most folk are so worried about their own insecurities, they are not truly taking notice of you.

As for jiggly bits - Lycra is a wonderful invention!! xx

Well done on the loss :) Keep me inspired!

Hannah? Thanks...a HUGE thanks. You are correct, especially about peeps worried about their own insecurities.
When I am walking, I really pay no attention to joggers or other people walking by me. Just can't get it thru my thick head that why would I be the 'special'one to be targeted by ill comments.
This is so deep rooted and needs to be PULLED out!
Tips from the class today were to: where sunglasses, wear the correct gear and use an ipod/ipad/that thing with little earphones that plays tunes. I took this all on board and WILL get the right gear to wear, invest in an ipod/ipad thingy (last gizmo I bought was a walkman cassette), have the sunglasses and wear a knitted cap.
O/H said he will join me and he will walk while I do my little jigging along a bike path in the park. I will NOT go to the beach to jog just yet- but will take a less traffic path of the bike/walking trails here in town...until I get some self esteem built up.

Honestly...I feel like such a drama queen over something so trivial! But I must share this with everyone in hopes that if even a smidge of this rings true for someone else, and will help them.

You are an inspiration
xx

Fab weightloss I know it's nit your focus but still.

No fear is funny to us as individuals and we all have different ones. Wish I had a magic wand or the words to help rationalise this fear for you, but alas I don't! Let's hope the group give you some words of encouragement to help you address the fears.

Big hugs hunny xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cheers Doll,

Sure you don't have a magic wand hidden away? This is such a biggie for me and feels like a MOUNTAIN.
Digging deep on this as I have NO idea why I even developed this fear.
Also have a fear of clothes matching hence I wear sloppy clothes in dark colours that never match. I feel so uncomfortable if anything matches!!!
Can't figure that on out either and have no clue on where to begin to look.
Oh well, here is hoping that if i unlock this problem, the rest will reveal itself.

Scary journey ahead and hoping I take no detours along the way.

xx

Hey weebles, 3lb is great you have done fantastically well. Wobbly skin is a concern for us all, my LLC went fro
24 to 12 over 4 yrs sgo, she ssid it can take upto 2 years! before skin her skin 'shrunk' and although ot does show she was big she looks amazing.
Keep up the thing antics, it is so funny, we are all chuckling! Bless
Jx

weebles said:
Cheers Doll,

Sure you don't have a magic wand hidden away? This is such a biggie for me and feels like a MOUNTAIN.
Digging deep on this as I have NO idea why I even developed this fear.
Also have a fear of clothes matching hence I wear sloppy clothes in dark colours that never match. I feel so uncomfortable if anything matches!!!
Can't figure that on out either and have no clue on where to begin to look.
Oh well, here is hoping that if i unlock this problem, the rest will reveal itself.

Scary journey ahead and hoping I take no detours along the way.

xx

If I did it would be yours in a heartbeat!

Your weightloss was probably a mountain when you joined LL and just look how far up that mountain you are already. It is achievable as is the jogging in daylight, you will feel like you have conquered the world when it happens.

As for clothes matching well who is to say there is a hard and fast rule, I don't believe there is to be honest. The only advice I can offer is that I stick to plain items in general and if I am honest most of the time if I wear a black skirt it's generally with a black top, I have started to buy more colours now though xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Lady T
My wardrobe now consists on a pair of beige linen trousers with 4 tops I can wear; 2 black and 2 white. OH..i did buy a pair of white trousers last week and a green/white striped short sleeved sweater last week but not comfortable wearing that just yet.
Guess when i firm up and shed some more inches I may get some confidence? Well, that is what I am hoping anyways.

Had plans to go out and get the proper jigging gear tomorrow BUT..I am gonna hold off a few more weeks from purchasing it. Instead I WILL go for a jog mid-day tomorrow, wearing my sunglasses and a hat and my ugly tack pants and crappy sweatshirt. Gonna give it a try - i MUST do this for ME!!! Throw caution to the wind that nobody will care and somehow block out that crooked thinking.
Just as one of our other dear LLT'rs is taking her swim lessons (so brave) I must eat my own words and tackle my fear and just 'do it'.
xx

Hey weebles, 3lb is great you have done fantastically well. Wobbly skin is a concern for us all, my LLC went fro
24 to 12 over 4 yrs sgo, she ssid it can take upto 2 years! before skin her skin 'shrunk' and although ot does show she was big she looks amazing.
Keep up the thing antics, it is so funny, we are all chuckling! Bless
Jx

Cheers Julz.
One day I hope to look amazing and if it takes another year to 2 years for that skin to shrink? - so be it.

My anitcs....lol Oh hun...if I make it thru ONE day without putting my foot in my mouth or doing something out of the ordinary it would be a miracle.

Swear I should just be wearing a HUGE red wig and ball nose somedays. ;)

How you doing btw?

xx

Good Evening Ladies!!!

must announce to you all. The weeble wobbled tonight. Yeppers, I had a chicken dinner. We had to go out with some friends (unexpectedly) to a restaurant. I was in a state of panic and not in the best of mind states before d/t what I talked about earlier.
As soon as we left the house, I turned to my O/H and told him that I am having a proper dinner but will be mindful of what I will be eating and I will NOT feel guilty nor punish myself afterwards.

I know fine and well WHY. I know I must change and face my past and with so much over this last month of facing up to the past - it really pushes you to the edge. Choices to made to sink or swim and I am not willing to sink - so I opted to float tonight AND just for the night.
I had no alcohol (not really a drinker anyways) and no dessert at the restaurant.
I don't feel guilty and have no regrets.
Tomorrow I will go back on the plan, and exercise my arse off!

FOOD TALK

Went to the restaurant and I had a peri peri chicken wrap, caeser salad, humous and some assorted nuts, along with a few chips.
Ate half the chicken wrap, 1/4 to half the salad, a couple sticks of bread with humous, a few chips and a handful of nuts.
Afterwards I had a chai tea latté from starbucks and bought a bag of M&S salted popcorn that i will eat later tonight.
Not much on the menu to really chose wisely I noticed. To say I had 1/2 a wrap is pushing it. This took me well over an hour to eat as I took my time and just enjoyed and savoured every mouthful. I want to remember that taste. I want to remember the SPICE (I like my food very spicy).
Everyone else gulped their meals down within minutes and I was the only slowpoke at the table. I didn't care...
This wasn't a high class place anyways but just a 'joint' that they wanted to get together at.
Really need to rethink the quality of friends we have...LOL

weebles said:
Thanks Lady T
My wardrobe now consists on a pair of beige linen trousers with 4 tops I can wear; 2 black and 2 white. OH..i did buy a pair of white trousers last week and a green/white striped short sleeved sweater last week but not comfortable wearing that just yet.
Guess when i firm up and shed some more inches I may get some confidence? Well, that is what I am hoping anyways.

Had plans to go out and get the proper jigging gear tomorrow BUT..I am gonna hold off a few more weeks from purchasing it. Instead I WILL go for a jog mid-day tomorrow, wearing my sunglasses and a hat and my ugly tack pants and crappy sweatshirt. Gonna give it a try - i MUST do this for ME!!! Throw caution to the wind that nobody will care and somehow block out that crooked thinking.
Just as one of our other dear LLT'rs is taking her swim lessons (so brave) I must eat my own words and tackle my fear and just 'do it'.
xx

I am jogging outside today. Away from the security of the treadmill at the back of my gym.

So I will also run at midday and we will do these challenges together in spirit!!

Enjoy!! And don't beat yourself up about your lapse. **it happens - move on!! xx

Good Morning Ladies,

Woke up late thanks in part to my carb induced sleep coma last night.
My tummy was in so much PAIN! I so wanted to be sick and get it over with. :(

Back on track today. Currently doing some housework and laundry since I hadn't been taken by the rapture yesterday that was predicted.
I have one more load to go out on the line then I am outta here!

Had my shake this morning and will eat the porridge in a few minutes. Off then to the park with O/H, along with my sunglasses and cap(and jigging costume) to do the infamous jog.

Hannah? I will be jogging with you in spirit today. Just adore that comment you made - makes me feel great inside to know that you actually will think of me.

Onward and upwards Ladies - yesterday happened and it is over. Can't change it...don't wanna change it....I learned from it and am moving on.
Will I wobble again? Probably, but ain't gonna worry about it now or stress. Does me no good.

Enjoy your day cherubs
xx

Hope jiggle/jog was good!

I wore my dark glasses but as I had the dog with me fellow walkers knew who I was with him. Not a great training partner, like an obstacle course with lead, head phones, poop bags & him crossing my path!! Will go without him next time - just don't tell him!!!

Hope you are bouncing back today xx

Yes, I am bouncing back full force.
Back as well Hannah and left you a message in your diary.

Was a good (?) pseudo jog apart from the weather and O/H. Didn't do great strides but got out none the less. As soon as someone came close - I stopped jogging and just walked. The trail wasn't busy by any means and I liked it.
Got pelted on by rain and hail - interesting. And I will defo be doing this again soon. Had a wee panic attack at first then psyched myself, okay FORCED myself to carry on. O/H is supportive but MAN he speaks jibberish. He has no clue on how to deal with this unless it is HIM that it is happening to.
Now I know why woman are the stronger of the sexes.

My clothes remain out on the line and I am not bringing them in. They too got a good soaking but, the sun is out, winds have picked up and I am hopeful they will dry out by the time night comes. If not..into the tumble dryer they go. No loss..right?

Hope all is well out there in LL land with everyone.

OH...snapped a photo of me, now. Ain't pretty ladies. my back is HUGE!! I can now safely see where my fat remains. I needed that photo.

xx

Yes, I am bouncing back full force.
Back as well Hannah and left you a message in your diary.

Was a good (?) pseudo jog apart from the weather and O/H. Didn't do great strides but got out none the less. As soon as someone came close - I stopped jogging and just walked. The trail wasn't busy by any means and I liked it.
Got pelted on by rain and hail - interesting. And I will defo be doing this again soon. Had a wee panic attack at first then psyched myself, okay FORCED myself to carry on. O/H is supportive but MAN he speaks jibberish. He has no clue on how to deal with this unless it is HIM that it is happening to.
Now I know why woman are the stronger of the sexes.

My clothes remain out on the line and I am not bringing them in. They too got a good soaking but, the sun is out, winds have picked up and I am hopeful they will dry out by the time night comes. If not..into the tumble dryer they go. No loss..right?

Hope all is well out there in LL land with everyone.

OH...snapped a photo of me, now. Ain't pretty ladies. my back is HUGE!! I can now safely see where my fat remains. I needed that photo.

xx

Hey Superstar!! You have done it now, so the worst is over. :):)

If you can keep going in hail then you are VERY determined!! Only had wind here to cope with.

I rock it out with a bit of music on my ipod, so you could do the same and just look like you are listening to your OH jibbering!

Photos are very motivating - mine got me onto LL - mid-point ones can keep us going.

Kisses xx

Hey Weebs, glad you seem so positive over your wobble. I think you have done so well to put it behind you and crack on with LL.

As for the jogging, well done chick, keep it up.

I know what you mean about a carb induced sleep, I know I havent had carbs but just having the lite meal sometimes does that to me, it also lays to heavy on my tummy so I occasionally opt for a lunchtime meal and not the evening one for comfort reasons.

As for the photo, I dont think any of us will ever be truly happy. I had my pic took last night I looked at it and instantly said, OMGmy arms are so fat! Are they though, hmmm possibly not as huge as they were so why am I complaining. Dont fret ver it to much the jogging will jiggle it away for you gorgeous!!

You are doing brilliantly, keep it up gorgeous. xx

Well done on the jogging Weebles- respect Ma'am. xx

Well done Weebs, you are really slaying those deamons for sure. Very brave that. Such pesky little terrors that they are, need a good kicking. Jiggling along is just the way to defeat them lol

Wobble and move on, good attitude honey. Keep fighting the good fight xx

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Forgot to post yesterday :( and announce that this is WEEK 13 FOR ME!!!!!

Okay, one day of a wobble ain't too bad in 13 weeks. It had to happen for me. I knew as the classes delved deeper and deeper into behaviours that I would be doomed. Happy that they do this, as I know it is gonna help so much with the long term. I seriously do NOT want to go fat again.
Onwards and upwards as you all say in here!

For my day 1 and 2 of.................WEEK 13

I had my usual shakes and porridge - no bars passed my lips, water intake is not too bad.
Getting over the carb intake and am very sleepy today. Tomorrow should prove to be better.

I did weigh myself at work and it appears on their scales (bariatric) that I am the same weight as Saturday at LL. Taking that as a positive; not too much damage was done on Saturday. Of course the truth will be this coming saturday. Not gonna beat myself up over it at all in worry - serves me no good.

Hope you all have had a good day. I was given a 'stability ball' to use. GOOD GRIEF!! THose things are NOT safe.
Attempted a move called the 'cobra' (googled some exercises). For this move you lay your belly on the ball, extend legs and lift your upper torso up as high as you can while balancing on this balloon/ball.
Don't work ladies - i nose dived into the carpet when I extended upwards. Next move I wedged myself between the wall and the couch. DANGEROUS but yet....hysterical.

xx

I can just picture you doing the Cobra - be careful Weebs, getting fit can be dangerous !!!:p

Back