This is not good!

lildanni

I started WW a few weeks ago and lost 11lb. I feel a lot healthier already and already seem to have more energy. The problem lies in that I started to do exercise for the first time EVER in my life. Not too much, walking into town and back as opposed to getting the bus, walking the dog on nice long walks etc.

A few months ago, I had a series of physio treatments for a foot condition called plantar facisis. I had a severe case and could barely walk. It cleared up which gave me the green light to start WW as I figured there was no point in starting a slimming club till I could do some exercise...the only exercise the doctor recommended I did was swimming...but I cant swim! The last week or so though, I have felt the pain in my heels coming back...It got me thrown out of a pub on Friday night (I had flat shoes on and when my heels kick off, I have to walk down steps 2 footed and the bouncers saw it and thought i had had too much to drink!) and all i'm worried now is that all the good work ive been doing through WW is going to slow down or even stop if my heels get worse due to the fact that I wont exercise coz its painful!

I know this prob might not make sense but need to get it off my chest! I went through the severe pain first time round for 3 years due to a misdiagnosis at the doctors (got told it was a skin infection and that I was wasting there time!) and when it finally got diagnosed, they said that my weight was not helping...so its really getting to me that now i've started to lose weight, the problem seems to be coming back :sad0071:

If you stay within your daily points you will still loose, that's how WW works. Exercise gives you more points to use.

You can still lose weight on WW without exercise :)

Have you not thought of doing adult swimming lessons? My grandad didnt learn to swim till he was nearly 60 and now you cant get him out of the pool!

Excercise just helps and speeds up weight loss - you will still loose weight without excercising just at a slower pace! have you got a wii fit? maybe something like that would help you burn calories? i swear by my wii fit as its lower impact than my times at the gym! x

Back