This is so hard- going to go back to abstinence!!!

JazzyB

Hi everyone who remembers me. I was one of the original January starters. It looks like you are all doing so well. but I seem to have lost the plot lately! I started to do RTM cos I lost the 3.5 stone I wanted to lose, but have got into bad habits, never really got into the swing of the RTM and know I have put on about 10lbs:cry::cry:
I'm going to do abstinence from today, go back to the club on Monday (and face the music -or rather the scales) and see if I can get the weight back off over the next 2 weeks. I have to have a very minor op on my foot on Wednesday though, with a general anaesthetic but I asked my counsellor and she thinks its ok to be in ketosis when you have a small op.

Has anyone got any words of wisdom to kick me up the bum??

No words of wisdom and as Im a May starter I dont know you from before, but well done on deciding now that you need to do something about it, better it be a 10lb gain and you take action than a 2 stone gain or whatever. xxx

Thanks Rainbow, well done on your weight loss - yr doing brilliantly by the looks of it!! I loved doing the diet (after the first couple of weeks) and miss the lovely flat-stomach feeling. I will hopefully get that back in a few days so at least that something to look forward to. Its so not fun having your stomach over-full where you eat like there's no tomorrow (which is how I have been feeling the last few weeks) - I dont know why I do it!!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

thanks, I cant wait for the flat stomach feeling lol! it seems soooo far away the moment, yet acheivable all the same. You can do it, you've done it before and you'll do it again, yay you xxx

Well done on your original weight loss and for facing the difficulties early. Shows real strength. There is one member of my LL group who has returned because she has regained 2 stone after losin 8 stone on LL last year, and it is wonderful having her there, rather than feeling discouraged by it, I feel inspired by the weight she initially lost and admire that she's back ... She also has good anecdotes from her LL experience.

It is a good diet, and it works!!! There are a few down sides to it but they are so minor compared to how good you feel at the end of the day going to bed knowing you have achieved another days weight loss for certain!! And when the size 12's start to fit, and then the size 10's!!! It is fab! I havent been this size for 20yrs!! :)
Thanks Guys.....I am feeling a bit happier now. I think I just needed to have some support again. I have to say that whilst doing LL, the support I got from this forum was invaluable, and the support from the group in the last weeks of the course also as we had by then got to know each other really well. I guess I just need some help to get back into the zone - cos I really miss it!!

hi there jazzy
nice to hear from you!!
good luck with re-starting - it'll fly off you just like last time.
i'm in RTM week 3 now - its a bit scary being able to eat, abstinence was much easier!
keep posting on here - its keeping me on the straight and narrow

daisy x

Hi Daisydoll -its great to be back. Nice to see so many of the old gang!!
I should have done RTM properly, I would just be finishing if I had, but instead I have been on a couple of holidays and got very very lax with it all. Result +10lbs:sigh:
Still, I am still going to RTM meetings, and a couple of us have decided to just do abstinence for a week or two to get rid of the weight we have put on and then start doing the RTM properly again.
I think it is the only way if I want to keep it off - and I definitely want to keep it off!!! There is no way I want to outgrow all the great clothes I have now in size 10 and 12's!!! :D

I think I may come on this site a fair bit though over the next few weeks for the support - you guys got me through it last time so I think I still need you all !!!!

Well done by the way for doing so well, for losing so much and for doing RTM the way its meant to be done!!

BTW - did you have a problem with hair loss? I have lost lots I think although I dont appear to be going bald luckily:eek:

hi
not really noticed any hair loss yet - i always moult a bit - dh is always picking hair off my back when i wear black tops.

will you be starting RTM from week 1 again? how far did you get before?

its strange eating again - its ok in one sense, but i did like the simplicity of foodpacks.

i keep thinking i'm over eating, but my cals are ok i think. i was supposed to be weighed today but our LLc is off sick and i missed the pop in so i will go on monday instead.

i just want to get to the end of RTM so i can eat everything again ( obviously in moderation!)

daisy x

I think I will start from week 1 because I didnt really do it properly last time. I went to the meetings but our LLC wasnt doing them, she had someone else do them and tbh she wasnt very good. There were only 3 of us going to the group too and what with the holidays and then making up for lost time going out to dinner again I just kind of lost track!!
All the time I did abstinence I was brilliant - I didnt cheat and I lost weight every single week and found it easy, but as soon as I started RTM I felt a bit lost and alone. I also stopped coming on here so I think that was a mistake.

I know I havent put on a great deal but I want to get it off quickly - I miss feelin thin. Can you believe that although I am still in my size 10's and 12's I feel FAT!!! But I think that is good as I think my brain must be telling the extra pounds that they are not staying :) !!!!

Hey Jazzy,

happy to see you decided to come back.
Like me you've been very successful with ll before ( i lost 4 stone on it a few years ago ) so you know the drill.
The main thing is to stay focused because i am sure by making the decision to go back on abstinence, you have thoroughly thought it through.
You're lucky because you only put on 10lbs and very clever by nipping the weight gain in the butt now and not 3 stone later ( like me :-( )
I guess the trick is to follow the program correctly. Last time i dropped just before the end of my foundation and that's where it all started going wrong. RTM is very important. I'd say it's probably the most crucial part of the program.
Just stay focused hun and set yourself achievable weekly or even daily goals and take this time as an opportunity to work with your inner self. It's your time, time to grow (by shrinking lol) so enjoy it and keep popping in on here as it really helps. I does me!! :-D
Good luck babe
xxxxx

def stay on here
i know what you mean about feeling alone - i haven't been to a RTM meeting yet - our LLC has had an op so they have been pop ins - which i missed today
i really rely on this forum, esp BL & SB for their expertise, the other jan starters and minerva emveg and sean who are in the RTM section at the moment.
daisy x

Well done Magiclove - and thank you! You had a great first week didnt you? If I could lose that in one week I wouldnt need to do the second week! :)
I have decided to do abstinence for 2 weeks because tbh I found it much easier-no choices, just regimented 4 packs a day and gallons of water!!
But having said that, I have a mini op on Wednesday so I hope I dont go losing the plot after that lying around off work and too much time thinking about food. I will just have to come on here a lot!!! :)

I have just been reading your food diaries and posts on RTM - you seem to be in the "zone" Daisydoll. I hope I can just get on with it now!! My LLC didnt suggest abstinence but I dont want these pounds turning into stones, and after my op on Wednesday I wont be mobile for a few weeks and can just see the weight piling on otherwise!!

Yeah!
Just come one here and talk to us! :-D
And good luck with your op!
I survived my first week despite having the worst cold ever! :-(
Good luck to both of us!
I have a long way to go but i'm sure i'll get there eventually :-D

Yes good luck to both of us!! We've both done it before so I am sure we will do it again :)
You dont have so far to go really - remember how quickly it comes off. You'll be done in no time :)

Yeah i know but i'm sooooo impatient!!! ;-)
I feel slimmer after 2 weeks already so it's all good! :-D
Are you planning to do management this time too?
Mags
xx

Yes I am still going to RTM meetings - I should be up to about week 10 now but I have been on holiday a couple of times, and have not been taking it seriously. I think thats my big mistake - so I am going to do 2 weeks abstinence and then go back to week 1 RTM and this time do it properly!!

Good for you being at the end of week 2 - you have got over the hardest bit I think. I remember when I got to week 7 or 8 the days just flew by and I was getting jittery about the foundation ending! It was so much easier on packs once I was into the swing of it!! And I miss that lovely empty feeling!!

i'm missing feeling empty.
i'm sitting here feeling bloated, but i want to eat! i want something 'solid' as its all still a bit 'mushy' on week 3 RTM
hmmm.... hope the next 9 weeks go quickly!
daisy x

Back