This is the day

yesterday was a bad day, was supposed to have my appointment with the nurse, turns out the nurse was ill, and my prescription forgotten about, i couldnt get it till 5 pm.
and the chemists were closed, i was so fuming about not having been informed by the receptionist maybe the day before so i could have made arrangements.
that in my anger and frustration the inhaler did not do its job, so i had two cigarettes.
i was disgusted with the taste of them but still smoked them, whats that all about????
once the chemists were open i went and bought a pack of patches to tie me over if for some reason this would happen again at the doctors. as i really dont want to smoke, or depend on the nicotine no more.
have been good today, and am planning to stay on the straight and narrow.
i know why i did it, and am prepared now for it to not happen again.
am also making an extra effort at my slimming world and sticking to it, as i want to see at least a little loss on saturday wi.

had a rough weekend, the little one (he is 10) dislocated his right arm on friday evening, ended up in hospital had to be put under general anasthetic to pop the arm back in.
with all the tears and emotions i ended up having 4 cigaretts, we had a bbq and friends round that evening, them smoking didnt bother me at all, all evening, but once the little one was on his way to hospital i just had to have some.
if they would not have been round i would have found some cigs somewhere.
so a big emotional happening still triggers unresistable urges......
am not calling myself a non smoker yet, but am on the way there

this morning is the next appointment with the nurse.
i wonder what she is gonna say, as i am gonna owe up to the few fags i had, no point in lying, and either way round i am proud of my progress so far, a few years, even weeks ago i could not have imagined doing fine without cigs.
the cravings are getting less intense now too which is nice, now its just a small niggly feeling for a few seconds. and its easy for me to get around that in every day life. i am just hoping there wont be any major dramas for a while.
as i dont want to smoke another single cig, and i would love for the weight loss to get going again. am a little down about the not loosing at the moment, but am still battling ahead as i know it will start off again as soon as i have my act together. and with mainly sticking to plan i hopefully shouldnt put much more on.

Well done zofia on getting to day six or is it seven? and being a non smoker!!!

Back