This is the last time I do this

Nite lovely, I've just replied to the other thread.

Roll on day 6 indeed! ..... Trying to keep busy! Just two more days to weigh in!

Sleep tight. X

Quick&Painful said:
Nite lovely, I've just replied to the other thread.

Roll on day 6 indeed! ..... Trying to keep busy! Just two more days to weigh in!

Sleep tight. X

Sweet dreams x

QP you're doing great! I don't mind sharing my losses at all. I usually put my weekly losses on my signature. I've been told that the more someone has to lose the bigger their initial losses are. So at our 5ft 1ish to 2 height and the amount we need to lose we are unlikely to have those same 11 to 14 pounds losses. The other odd thing about height, frame, shape and weight is that it can be so variable. I have a friend who is about my height but at 9st 7 she is very slim and a size 10. Yet at 9st 7 I am still a size 14! Certainly on the hips. I actually need to be 8st 7 at least to be a size 10 to 12. I saw someone on the board about our height who was a size 8 yet weighed nearer 10st! Does that mean the weight of one's bones really do count or is it a combination of bone density, muscle and fat? Far too much science for me! I just want to be somewhere between 8st to 8st 7 and a size 10 to 12 and I be able to maintain! Hope you have anothe great 100 percent day. Catch you later.

Hi Kira,

How's it going? Well I hope? I'm doing well, had quorn mince as my '+ meal' but gave up after a few mouthfuls, couldn't decide if it was because it was disgusting or because I was full. Either way, I just had my last shake and left it there.

I'm glad you have mentioned all the different variations of weight, I am currently a size 12 and I am aiming for whatever size gets me into a pair of jeans with no 'muffin top'! I agree. All the science is too much, weight loss is so much more complex than one would expect. Never mind, I've wasted enough time trying to make sense of it all, I'm just gonna do what works!

First weigh in tomorrow. (a day early). Am quite excited about it. I'm already bored of chocolate tetras so am gonna try and mix it up a bit to keep me focused next week. I don't wanna speak too soon, but the 'cravings' are far less for me this time around, I do quite fancy some chocolate, but not enough to give in! I'm gonna get a chocolate pack tomorrow and try the recipe out to make a Cambridge bar from a shake pack... I'll let you know how that goes! Will also post my loss!

Have a great day tomorrow. X

Hey! QP your weigh day today! Feeling very excited for you! Have a mix of packs can be helpful as one feels one has 'choice' and I've found it helps when it's a difficult day.

Your words that FFBT has used in her signature are really motivating me. I'm trying to see it as a job in hand that I have too do. On my wavering moments I am using time tactics ie. only have one more hour until I can have my shake, and distractions tactics. It will be tricker when I get back to work next week perhaps but also in many ways easier as there is a routine to it all. Can't wait to hear how you get on today. (btw -the size thing is weird, I am wearing size 14 jeans (still bit tight!) size 16 fit better. Yet I bought two dresses size 10 yesterday, fit perfectly on top from waist but too snug on the hips so I couldn't wear them until I've lost another 7 to 10 pounds. I think the whole sizing in the clothing industry is wrong and it depends on brands too. I have a pair of linen trousers from next about 11 years old and they are a14 but are tiny! I could only get in them when I was 8st 7 when I lost weight in 2008 on CD and was wearing new clothes in sizes 8 to 10!!

Hey babes, fingers crossed for ur WI today... hope it's a big one!!!
xxx

Hi Ladies,

Sorry it's taken me so long to post today's results, had a busier afternoon than anticipated.

Anyway, back to CD business...

Week 1 weight loss = 5lbs
Week 1 overall inch loss = 4.5

Got next weeks supplies, only down side is I've been prescribed anti inflammatories which need to be taken with food!! Spoke to my counsellor and we agreed that I would split my evening ss+ meal in two, and have half in the morning with my pill and the other half in the evening.... The other annoying thing is I need 3 pills a day! So an extra boiled egg!... Might slow things down for next week but I'm staying positive! And I need to take these anti inflammatories.

Tomorrow is day 8, and I've got one pack left to have today... Trying out the 'chocolate bar' recipe.... Will let you know how that goes!

Lol! Sorry laughing at your comment re choc bar recipe! Brilliant loss! Keep going! Good idea about splitting evening meal, you'll keep losing keep to keep to plan, hopefully the anti-inflammatories will kick in quickly. Here's to another great day tomorrow!

Haha. Honestly. Don't try it, I'm not quite sure how desperate the 'chocolate bar' founder was, but what I just attempted to eat was far from a bar of chocolate!

Thanks, I'm pleased, still wish I could lose 12lbs in a week but that's not gonna happen! If I can get 4 lbs next week I'd be delighted.

Here's to another great day tomorrow for us all!! X

wooo hooo!!!! well done hun, thats a good loss... keep it goin!

Ive tried making cookies once but urgh.... however, have u tried the mint choc bars and the peanut one??? yum yum yummmm :) I chop a bar in tiny pieces n keep it in the fridge n then maybe have a bite or 2 a day whenever i miss eating n feel like chewing :)

Stay strong babes... hope u have another ace wk xxx

Thanks ffbt. I'm pleased with my progress so far.

Yeah, I think my days of trying to make anything other than a shake out of the packs are over, there's just no point! I'm not having bars yet, only after 2 weeks, how come you're on them already?

I'm so pleased that we are still going strong, looking back at the last week there's no reason why we can't do another!

Bring on week 2!!!

Crikey! FFBT you must have extremely strong teeth! I find the bars hard without even putting them in the fridge - I' d need cast iron teeth to chew through any from the fridge!

QP I have to say I don't see the point of trying to do "recipes" from VLCD's be it CD, LL etc. to me the whole point in meal replacement is that we need to learn about eating - eating the right food and making choices......well it is for me. I'm not criticizing anyone who does this as i appreciate these vlcd's are tough diets and anything that helps one stick to it is fine it works. I just don't think it would work for me in the long term about understanding food and how much or should I say how little one actually needs to stay at a certain weight/size. Gosh! That was a lot to say at 7am in the morning!

Ok ladies have another great CD 100 percent day! The days are rolling by and before we know it we'll have a few weeks under our belts!

I now agree, I wanted something different because I hot bored of shakes but the recipes are worse than just shakes! I got some soup packs to mix thing up slightly, it's just having the same taste all day every day kinda gets me!

Can't wait to get my greedy little mitts on the bars! Although won't have them in the fridge as I too find them quite hard!

I am feeling like I'm coming down with something today, dodgy throat, sore head, runny nose. This is all I need! Staying strong though, gonna start on a bit of exercise tomorrow, only swimming, gotta be careful with the knee injury too. Feeling slimmer, and closer to my goal!

Have a great day all! Good job we weren't invited to the royal wedding, I so would have eaten!

Hi all,

Well I very nearly packed it all in today! There I was, twirl (intense chocolate hit!) in hand, I sooooo felt like I needed it. I'm so ill, sore throat, runny nose and now a delightful dose of conjunctivitis! I was out, someone else gave me the twirl (after much persuasion from me), but then I handed it back and settled for a coke zero which I don't usually drink on this diet, but I needed something!

I then planned (in my head) that I would stop on the way home and have a feast!... Yep, I actually made a mental shopping list!... Pizza, chocolate, cake, sweets, crisps......

I am pleased to say that I drove straight home food-less!!! I made a hot choc out of the shake pack to soothe my throat an am just going to go to bed and hope for a better day tomorrow.

I do wonder what I am supposed to do when I get ill on this diet. I remember back in 2009 when I last did the diet I contracted swine flu and my GP told me that I should eat immediately. I don't want to give in, but of course don't want to just keep getting worse. I don't really get ill often so maybe I'm just being a baby! Anyone been ill an stayed on Cambridge?

Would really appreciate your thoughts guys.

Hope you're all having a better time than me! X

Im so glad it wasnt just me on my own who was struggling ;) Well done babes on keeping so so strong. It does get so tough on this diet, but like u said it works... so lets jus forget about everythin else n stay focused.

Night hun n good luck for day9 :)
xxx

Well, sadly ladies after laying in bed for over and hour feeling just awful (sore throat, sticky eyes, feeling weak), I gave in and have just had a shredded wheat with warm milk. Feel **** for coming off plan, but feel much better in myself and feel like I might actually get some sleep now.

There's my late night confession, hopefully tomorrow will be better. Gonna call NHS Direct in the morning for some advice. :-(

QP hope you are feeling a little better this morning? Don't beat yourself up. I had a slighlty harder day yesterday and I had an extra pack. It's good you had "proper food" rather than chocolate at this stage because eventually we do have to have real food. So if you are going to have food until you are better and back on CD then just make sensible choices. Sorry, I don't mean to procrastinate and I know in the past I haven't followed that advice but this time around that is exactly what I am going to try really hard to do. You should be pleased that you have the ability exert control over not going to have a feast of pizza choc etc. yes it would have been delicious but if you are anything like me you would have regretted it then beaten yourself up. In my case I would then continue eating and eating unhealthily!

Hope you do feel better honey.

Back