This is the last time I do this

Hi all,

I managed to get a decent nights sleep, woke up with my eyes stuck together, and my throat feeling like I had a good old fashioned alcohol and cigarette binge! (I did neither).

So, I'm gonna be very matter of fact about this, I am eating today, I've had a ham salad roll and a much needed glass of juice.

What I haven't done, and have no desire to do is binge. I couldn't possibly binge like I used to anyway, there just isn't enough space in me! Plus, a lot of the foods I used to eat actually taste disgusting to me now!

I am going to stay off plan for today and possibly tomorrow. I feel that functioning on a mere 600 calories can't be the best of ideas, I do still have to work and want to be ok for Tuesday as I have a meeting that I can't miss! I am eating good foods, not crap. and I do feel better for it already.

I don't feel guilty about this, I'm not going to beat myself up either, it is what it is, all the guilt will do is make me eat more. Not doing that, was always going to eat again at some point (well, in 5 more weeks). Coming off this diet and not binging is a bit of a milestone for me, back in 2009 I so would have easily eaten around 3000 calories in one sitting. I've eaten until I'm full and I've stopped. Eat only when hungry and get back on plan either tomorrow or Monday ( see how I feel ).

Oh, and the other good bit is I can take my anti inflammatories without feeling sick due to lack of food in my belly!

Well done to all of you for staying strong! Keep going and keep me inspired to get back on the wagon!

Wishing you all a great 100% day!
Xxx

I think you are doing the right thing. Just try to keep your food low fat and healthy. Drink lots of fluids and get back on it when you feel better. X

Aww babes... u poor thing! Hope ur feelin much better now. U def need proper food inside u for those antibiotics otherwise will feel terribly nauseous. Well done on not going mad with the food n makin wise choices. Take loadsa care n drink lots of juice. Ull be back on cd soon!!

I'll be waitin for u :)
Hugs xxx

QP that's definitely the right approach to take. Like I said we have to deal with food at some point along the line and have control over it. I completely understand that when one beats oneself up about eating something it can actually lead to bingeing. It certainly does with me. So if along my CD journey I slip or I choose to have food I am not going to beat myself up and undo the effort, physcial and mental I have put into CD. I hope you feel better very soon. x

Thanks so much for the support ladies. I'm still stuck in bed :-(.

I haven't eaten today and was thinking of doing a restart, but I think I'll just have something if I need to and if not then I'll call it my restart.

Strangely, I can't wait to get back on the wagon, I felt a bit bloated last night, but not so much this morning. I did have some chocolate yesterday, actually, let me fess up what was consumed yesterday....

Ham salad roll
Glass of orange juice
Lemon curd yogurt
Easter egg (shame on me)
Packet of crisps (shame on me)
2 sausages, a bit of mash, and cabbage
2 liters of water

Most of that was out of boredom!...

Seeing it actually written out helps, minus the crisps and chocolate, it wasn't actually that bad. Nothing in comparison to what would normally happen when coming off this diet!

Hope you all have a great day! ( sorry for mentioning food)
Stay strong and show me how it's done! X

Hi all, just thought I would update you all. It's not looking good for a restart tomorrow, It's just getting worse, headaches, sore throat, nausea, weak, tight chest, achy.... I spoke to a nurse today who suspects it may be related to the diet. Me being me begged to differ, I want to get back on it as I know it's the quickest way to lose the weight. If I'm honest I'm not really sure what to make of it all. What I do know is that as soon ad I start to feel better I'm getting straight back on Cambridge!.... If I get sick again then I may be convinced, until then I'm putting it down to mere coincidence.

Although I haven't over eaten I haven't made the best choices either. That has a lot to do with the fact that I haven't left the house for two days and have just had to make do with what I have..... Which of course being on CD isn't a lot!!....

I'm gonna head out tomorrow and get the ingredients to make some soup as my throat feels just awful!

Hope you're all doing well.... Believe it or not, I am jealous that I am no longer part of the CD 'crew' I would have been well into week 2 and a couple of pounds closer to my goal by now!

That brings me to a little moan, why does something always stand in my way?... Every time I come close something happens! A year an a half ago I was so close to my goal and what happened? I fainted, split my head open and ended up in hospital! Then, I get close again about 6 months later and I start a new job and end up spending 3 weeks away from home. I get close again and my stupid knee starts causing problems so I can't exercise. I do CD and first the anti inflammatories mean I have to eat twice a day anyway, and in doing that within the CD 'rules' I still end up sick as a dog and stuck at 10.9!!!! It's times like this I really do feel that maybe I'm not meant to be smaller than this. Maybe my body is just refusing to let me get to 9.7?..... Anyway, enough winging. I'm gonna get through this and back on the wagon! I WILL see 9.7 on the scales before summer!!

Hi Q & P
I am on day one as a returner and having just read that in 8 weeks and 6 days I am attending a White dinner party I am more determined than ever.
I should have started two week back but had a horrific uti and 2 courses of tablets so now is the best time. My CDC didn't mention 4 packs so just emailed her checking am doing it right. Is it true coke zero is ok too?
I hope I have your attitude and will power later in the week.
Good Luck everyone
Katie x

Hey! QP you will get back on CD and you will reach 9.7 by summer because you want to! On any diet plan one has to "want to" lose the weight and I mean really "want to". I re-started half heartedly on CD since October 2010 and just haven't got anywhere until now. Although I had to have an extra pack again yesterday and that is fine. Just try and make the right choices if you can as we are eventually going to have to to that anyway! Sigh!

Hey all,

Thank you all so much for your support.

So here I am 5 days off plan... Let's just say it hasn't been awful, but it hasn't been exactly great either. Stuck at home sick and watching Jeremy Kyle was almost enough to drive me back to the fags! Luckily I'm too sick to smoke. Not too sick to eat apparently!.... I feel fatter than I did before starting CD, have put 4lbs of what I lost back on, I assume most of that is water since I've been on plenty of fluids and soup. Anyway....

----------------------------------------------- There's the line drawn.

So I'm not feeling much better, but am bored as hell stuck at home! So I am thinking I might go back to work tomorrow. And as soon as I go back to work I'm going back on CD. I actually miss the shakes. I had a tetra with my weetabix this morning. How sad is that?

I've been eating for the sake of eating and to keep my strength up. Hunger isn't a problem, the boredom of being at home is.

I've got my weigh in tomorrow, not going to go, simply because I would rather get a week of CD under my belt before my next weigh in.

Not looking forward to the 3 day settle in, but hopefully I've got all the support I need here!

Wish me luck.... I'll let you know how tomorrow goes!!!

Hope you're all staying strong!

X

Hey! QP sorry to hear you still not well. Once you feel better and are back in the work routine you'll get back into the swing of it I'm sure. Alas for me being back at work after Easter hols is very difficult! I find myself really empty/hungry when I get in. Still trying to stick to having packs at 12, 6 and 8 but the gap between 6 and 8 is a real struggle!

Back