This isnt working for me

losethisfatgirl

Well this my second week, I havent had any of my stuff yet, arghh. Last week when I weighed myself it said 308.5lb yet the week before its was 307. I was on totm but still im wondering if the week before was a false start because i should be having 51pts but i was only having 37 pts. :cry::cry:

losethisfatgirl said:
Well this my second week, I havent had any of my stuff yet, arghh. Last week when I weighed myself it said 308.5lb yet the week before its was 307. I was on totm but still im wondering if the week before was a false start because i should be having 51pts but i was only having 37 pts. :cry::cry:

I'm not really sure what you mean-what stuff haven't you had? That's a heck of a pp deficit each day-14pp less than you are meant to have EACH day is not good :( also most people retain fluid round their *week so factor that in aswell

You really need to eat the pp which you are allocated everyday, before you know it they dissapear!

Do you go to class or do it from home yourself?

Youve answered your own question. If you should be having 51 points a day and youre having 37 then thats exactly why youre not losing weight.

I dont think its fair to say the diet isnt working when youre not sticking to it at all.

You need to eat all your points - as you can see, eating less doesnt always mean losing more

I also noticed on another thread you said you dont have any of your WW things through yet so youre guessing points :eek: Even people who are really familiar with WW dont try that. I think really until you have a few weeks when youre pointing your food properly and eating them all then you cant get any idea how its working. To be honest at the moment youre not really doing WW at all.

Last edited:

So... I put your data in my weight watchers calculator. I don't know what's your age so I put 30 just to put down something and with your height, 5'11" and your weight, 22 stone, it came out 50 points. If you're younger than 30 probably they're right and it's 51. If you're eating 37 then you're WAY undereating and that's why you're putting on weight rather than losing. Your body just holds on the fat because you don't give it enough food!

As Starlight rightly said, you're not following weight watchers until you don't have all your books and you don't start following PROPERLY for a few weeks. Don't get discouraged thinking that it doesn't work, because you'll see it works when you'll use it properly!

I don't believe you are gaining weight through undereating, I personally believe thats a myth. Because when we are ill we lose weight through not eating, and clearly anorexics lose weight! However I personally believe that Starlight hit the nail on the head........... if you are guessing points values of foods its highly likely you are actually having wayyy more points than you think. I have been doing ww for nealry 3 years and I NEVER guess points, I always calculate it out properly by weighing foods and then working out the points.

Have you tried keeping a food diary on here, giving an idea of portion sizes?

Good luck xx

I have to say I was horrified when I found out how bad my portion control was... I was AT LEAST trebling my cereal intake!!

I weigh everything, every single time simply because I have zero depth perception and my guesses have been proven to be very very much out!!!! LOL

My weightwatchers leader thinks i'm really meticulous for doing it, but its a VERY important thing for me to do...

I don't believe you are gaining weight through undereating, I personally believe thats a myth. Because when we are ill we lose weight through not eating, and clearly anorexics lose weight! However I personally believe that Starlight hit the nail on the head........... if you are guessing points values of foods its highly likely you are actually having wayyy more points than you think. I have been doing ww for nealry 3 years and I NEVER guess points, I always calculate it out properly by weighing foods and then working out the points.

Have you tried keeping a food diary on here, giving an idea of portion sizes?

Good luck xx

Agree, you won't be not losing because of eating too little - at least not initially (where you'd actually be more likely to have a big drop if undereating... *then* the plateaus kick in) - the anorexics example is actually quite a good one. Although I don't do WW, whatever diet you do that requires portion quantification needs you to weigh your foods - invest in a Salter Digital Scale if you can and measure EVERYTHING! I was severely underestimating the amount of grams in a tablespoon of peanut butter when I started calorie counting, and it worked out to an excess of 1500 calories a week - that's half a pound!

Thanks for yoru advice everyone. I lost 2lb this week i used my digital scales to weight everything my other half thinks i mad lol. It must of been because of totm last week that i didnt lose.

yes it must have been... well done on your loss! Keep on tracking and you'll see that the weight will fall off you! xx

Back