This may be a daft question but .........

GetFitGirl

Sorry if this is a daft question (you'll get used to them from me), but where do you buy those sticks that test for ketones? Can you get them in any chemist, or do you send away for them?

You get them in chemists or you can get them on ebay.

Its up to you whether you bother with them or not, theyre not essential and arent always accurate

Oh, thanks for that. People are always talking about checking that they are in ketosis and I thought I must be missing out:D

There's other ways to tell hehe

Do you have/have you had a strange metallic taste/sensation under your tongue?
Does your breath stink extra special, more so than usual ;)?
Do you find yourself incredibly un hungry for someone that hasn't eaten in what feels like a millenium?
Are your lips dry and/or cracking?

I get ALL of the above on my way and once in ketosis different symptoms at different stages :)

you can buy them in most chemists (although some wont sell them if its for use whilst on a diet) or ebay/amazon. I personally dont use them. For me if i stick to it i will get in ketosis and i dont need a stick to tell me that lol. I get the same as above....mornin breath that lasts ALL DAY haha, metallic taste in my mouth but on the up side i get more energy and less hunger pangs. You usually can tell instantly when youve went into ketosis cos the difference is great

Back