This months Slimming World Magazine recipes.

Great magazine this month lots of goodies!

Going to make the chicken drumsticks, colslaw and chips on Saturday night :)

We did the chicken pie on Monday night using left over roast chicken from Sunday lunch and it was delicious. Didn't chop the potatoes thin enough though so wasn't very rosti like! Might try grating them next time on a big grater.

I'm going to have to try lots of the recipies from this mag, I must admit i thought lots of them sounded good when I got the mag but after i'd read it it just went with the others in the cupboard. I'm going to pick a couple for next weeks menu and get the ingredients tomorrow.

I have just made (and devoured) the chicken, chips and colslaw from the mag - absolutely lovely! Definitely try it! x

Dying to try the drummers, chips n coleslaw!

185687_678577290748_223708118_11517597_589421_n.jpg

How my 1 syn dinner came out :D

And I have loooads of colslaw left over :)

Made the layered fruit pot last week and it was YUMMMM.
I tweaked it a bit and added a white chocolate options sachet to the quark mix.
IMGA0526.jpg

and tonight i made the potato dauphinoise tonight.... was really yummy, but although i had the camera ready to take a photo, i completley forgot! but will make it again as was good :)

Have the 'Butter' chicken/quorn on the list for this week

Made the lemon and garlic chicken. Went down well with the OH too, always a bonus. Plan on making it at the weekend when I have friends over as a SE meal. This months mag is better than last although I did do some things out of the booklets that came with it x

Does anybody remember if any of the recent magazines have had a recipe for paella in? Im sure I've seen it somewhere but cant rememeber where.
it was either the christmas one or the Jan/Feb mag. I made it and it was really lovely.

i have tried the chicken and leek pie and loved it made lasange last night and it was nice, but in my opinion needed to be more cheesy lol
I am making Butter Chicken tonight very excited lol

Could someone do me a huge favour please and post the recipe for Meat & Potato Pie from the mag? I made this last week but have since given the mag out on loan to a work colleague and hubby has asked for the Meat & Potato pie again! Must have been good, he's not actually following SW but just liked the pie.

We tried the Lemon and Garlic roast chicken bake which was lovely, did the chicken drumsticks which were also great, the herb crusted cod was lovely (although I might add some dried chilli to it next time to give it some kick), the italian garlic and rosemary mackerel was OK and the butter chicken is currently cooking for dinner tonight!!

Going to try the pizza topped chicken and spicy meatballs this week, so much in this months mag!!

I made the spicy meatballs, they were ok, but think I will stick to my albondigas recipe, a tweaked Gordon ramsay one.

frugal fifer said:
I made the spicy meatballs, they were ok, but think I will stick to my albondigas recipe, a tweaked Gordon ramsay one.

Hi Frugal

Would you mind letting me know your recipe please?

Thanks x

Albondigas

serves 4-5

500g extra lean minced beef
1 onion, very finely chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and very finely chopped
50g wholemeal breadcrumbs - sometimes syn this or use HEX B
25g manchego (or cheddar)grated from Hex A or syn
2 tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 large egg, lightly beaten

fry light

tomato sauce

fry light
1 onion, peeled and very finely chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and very finely chopped
120 ml veg stock
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
100 ml water
1 tsp sweetner (** recipe used 1-2 tsp caster sugar**)

for meatballs

mix beef, onion, garlic, breadcrums, cheese and chopped parsley together in a large bowl till evenly combined. Season well with salt and pepper and add the beaten egg to bind, mixing with your hand. Break off a small piece and fry in frylite till cooked to check for seasoning. Adjust if needed.

Shape into about 16 meatballs, I usually do more, trying not to press them too tightly. Place on a large plate and cover with cling, chill for at least 30 mins to firm up.

for sauce

gently fry onion and garlic in frylight till soft and golden......worth taking your time over.
Increase the heat and add the stock, let bubble and reduce by half, then stir in tomatoes, water and sweetner. Season and simmer for 10-15 mins until tomatoes are soft then remove from heat.

Heat a large wide pan sprayed with frylight and add the chilled meatballs, fry for 5 minutes, turning frequently till browned all over. Pour the sauce over them and simmer for a further 10-15 mins till meatballs are cooked through.

Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve, we often have these with spaghetti rather than the crusty bread reccomended.

Enjoy :)

The spinach and feta pie was delicious, and my boyfriend didn't believe that the roast chicken thighs with roasted veggies was diet food, lol.

I don't rate the chicken escalopes with spicy couscous though - made that last night and the chicken came out quite dry and the couscous was fairly tasteless. Not an unpleasant meal, but pretty boring.

Back