This plan is so exciting!!

Rissole76

I truly think I will be able to lose the weight I have been carrying for over 7 years on this program and it is so exciting. I know the first 1-5 days are tough, but if you just stick at it no matter how crap you feel, it passes!! And when it does you dont feel hungry, you have energy and the pounds fall off so quickly compared to a normal diet. :D:D

On any other diet I never last very long as Im either hungry or I think I can have a little bit of something naughty but that tends too turn into a free for all!! Where on this plan, I dont want to allow myself to fall off as I know how horrible the first couple of days was and dont really want to go through that again and so I want to stay in ketosis... I know they say the maintaining will be hard, but Im hoping I will be ok, as when Im normally trying to lose weight I calorie count using MFP, and on the maintenance calorie amount I could happily live, having my controlled treats and exercising to make up for treats, but when I had to drop the calories to lose weight, thats when I would struggle, thus I have maintained the same 7lbs over the last seven years,, but Im 3 stone overweight, so I need to lose that and then go back to happily maintaining!! Im so excited I think I will actually achieve it this time...And I always thought that VLCD were a quick fix, possibly dangerous, blah blah, but now I can see how I can lose the weight quickly, yes maybe not the healthiest of ways, but its a short 12 weeks, then the rest of my life I can eat a healthy balanced diet full of fruit and veg etc,,, so Im willing to dedicate myself for the 12weeks to reach my goal, as in the longterm (the rest of my life) I will be a happier, healthier, lighter person!!! Woop Woop!!

i was 21 stone at one point, lost weight through healthy eating and exercise but got down to 13stone4 last july met a wonderful man ate out every week and slowly put on a stone over 9 months, think because i wasnt considered huge anymore and my lovely fiance thinks im sexy and beautiful so i think i lost motivation, but all my lovely clothes are tight , have less time now so I tried cambridge but hated having to order through a consultant, having to travel to get them etc also didnt esp like the products as they easy when at boyfriends as looked as though i was staving myself wheras now i'm confident when i stay over at his and have porridge as normal, usually have a packet oats, and the cottage pie with lettuce and cucumber, smae witht he chilli and then a bar when watching our movie he wont think its just fluids, just helps so much that its not a shake and soup diet that it looks normal, and that i can still have milk in tea is awesome too :) and i dont feel hungry either only extra thing i have id sugerfree gum as worried my breath smells of dogpoo! lol keep with it lara, it encourages me that you are also doing well :) look forward to reading your encouraging posts :)

good luck

ive been doing slim and save on and off since last august , i cant do it consistently until goal , but ill get there in the end

in contrast to what you say about the first few days being the hardest , this can be true in the sense of how you feel , eg headaches , lethargy etc , but psycologically I find the hardest part is a bit further down the line once your initial excitement and determination has worn down a little

i always found it really tough about day 10 , and often fell off the wagon temporarily at this point , i think becasue i dont like being told i cant have this and that and im quite rebellious

im not telling you this to make you feel anxious , but rather to encourage you to make sure you have lots of strategies in place for when this may or may not happen , i find going through my wardrobe helped , throwing out old clothes that are too big , using tools such as weight predictors where you can see a pic of yourself when you have lost weight

use the forum alot , it was a life saver for me

ive only lost 2 stone , have another stone to lose , but that small loss has made a huge difference to how i look and feel about myself , i know the plan works , but you will need strong resolve at times

good luck x

Thanks girls, I know it will be tough at times, but I am so determined as we are moving to Australia in 12 weeks tops, but it may end up being 8 weeks if we get a quick house sale, so that motivates me to stay strong for at least 8 weeks in case we have to leave earlier. I could be 2 stone lighter in 8 weeks and to imagine my family seeing me get off the plane lighter than I've been in decades is really motivating!! I was always the fat sister, I wanna be the skinny sister lol!!

Pheonix2010 said:
good luck

ive been doing slim and save on and off since last august , i cant do it consistently until goal , but ill get there in the end

in contrast to what you say about the first few days being the hardest , this can be true in the sense of how you feel , eg headaches , lethargy etc , but psycologically I find the hardest part is a bit further down the line once your initial excitement and determination has worn down a little

i always found it really tough about day 10 , and often fell off the wagon temporarily at this point , i think becasue i dont like being told i cant have this and that and im quite rebellious

im not telling you this to make you feel anxious , but rather to encourage you to make sure you have lots of strategies in place for when this may or may not happen , i find going through my wardrobe helped , throwing out old clothes that are too big , using tools such as weight predictors where you can see a pic of yourself when you have lost weight

use the forum alot , it was a life saver for me

ive only lost 2 stone , have another stone to lose , but that small loss has made a huge difference to how i look and feel about myself , i know the plan works , but you will need strong resolve at times

good luck x

I totally agree with this.... I'm always so full of enthusiasm at the beginning it's when the novelty starts to wear that the hard part begins for me!! Lots of good to
Ideas to keep focused, thanks :)

Good luck Rissole and everyone else :)

lol i went from being the fat sister to the slimiest sister when i saw them last august, main motivation is to fit into my size 14, more like a 12 wedding dress which is beautiful, its the size i want to be for the rest of my life, a small size 12, haven't been that since i was 18, i'm now 36, that's my goal, being smaller than that and i would look ill and gaunt so its a good target, feel good at my current size though 14/16 but feel i need to feel what it is like at my goal, could always go up again, keeping all my clothes in 16,14,12, as feel i will go up and down in the future years :) lol

Back