This should maybe be in Syn Values but not sure

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by babybloo, 21 August 2009 Social URL.

1. babybloo

babybloo Extra Easy Apparently...!

Start Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    After the thread looking for confirmation from Slimming World regarding syn values when using free foods to make cake I've decided to post it here as it's running along the same ideas.

I was always under the impression that if you blended/cooked fruit it then had syn values however last night in bed I was flicking through the mag and noseying at some of the recipes. A lot of them this month were fruit based (i.e. sorbet, lollies etc) and they didn't seem to be counting syns for the fruit. I haven't had time to look through them properly at all the ingredients and double check but one that stuck out was the chicken tzasiki- I'm fairly sure it was syn free unless you didn't use a healthy extra but there were no syns for the cooked mango. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I must admit I didn't notice and I've thrown my mag out now I've cut the reciepes out I wanted. It would be lovely if they weren't counting the fruit, but I somehow think this may be wishfull thinking. Are they maybe using dried fruit as HEB?, but then again its cooked isn't it so wouldn't that change it again, cos it would only be a HEB if eaten as straightforward dried fruit wouldn't it? This is brain overload stuff for me this early in the morning hun, but I'm sure somebody will have the answer. I'll just avoid the cake and have a quiet life lol.

4. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

I noticed that too! To be honest if I was going to eat an amount of fruit but decided to cook or blend it, I would still use it free. X

5. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I often grill pineapple on the barbecue and never syn it. It still keeps its bulk and fills you up, so why not? It is so scrummy, especially with a ff coconut yoghurt.

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

They were synned hun.
    there was ice cream made with frozen blended fruit, FF yoghurt and sweetener and they had syn values.
    xx

7. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    :eek:ff coconut yogurt - where can I purchase these!!?? Sounds delish. I occasionally make a smoothie using fruit but I do not syn it - if its the amount of fruit I would eat in a sitting I wouldn't syn it anyway.

8. babybloo

Start Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wasn't sure about the ice-cream as I didn't look through all the ingredients to check but the chicken tsatsiki def didn't syn the fruit.

9. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I didn't see that one, I'll look - was the mango cooked as in cooked down to nothing or warmed through?
    If it was just warmed then it's syn free - I make sweet and sour with fresh pineapple and that is free as it's not "cooked" to a pulp, just warmed through.

Confusing - when fruit is cooked, it means cooked right down to nothing.

If it says it's syn free, go with it hun!

10. babybloo

Start Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm sure the mango was blended and then used to marinade the chicken but I was half asleep at the time so could be wrong. I also *think* it said at the bottom it was syn free unless you didn't use you healthy extra. Before posting this thread I should really have checked when I was wide awake!

11. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    I use coconut essence in plain yogurt, but would love to buy ready made coconut yogurt.

12. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I buy it in France - maybe it's not available in the UK. The make is Sveltesse and I think it's by Danone, the French equivalent of Shape. Hope this helps

13. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I love coconut yoghurt. It's my fav. Waitrose do one, also the make Rachels Organic.

Am having one for brekkie each day at the moment.

BUT...I should imagine they are millions of syns :( I know the Waitrose one is high fat. Yum though :D

Something to look forward to after goal :)

14. kibou1

kibou1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Leapfrog, are all Sveltesse yogurts free? Good to know, I'll get my mum to buy some next time I go back to France, didn't know they had a coconut one.

15. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Where do you get ff coconut yoghurt??????? I'd love some of this but haven't seen it around here!!

16. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Leapfrog lives in France, that's where it's from. Not sure we can get such delights!
    Can't wait til I go to France on hols this year!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.