This time I mean business! I CAN do this.

Hi Blue Butterfly.
How are you getting on? Have you hit ketosis yet? Im doing great. On Day 8 & lost 10lbs. I don't feel hungry at all & the first week weigh in has really motivated me. Hope your doing well xxx

Hey everyone, how are you all doing? Good I hope :D

Well I was doing great up until today and then I ended up going to London with a friend, forgetting my packs and then running into the nearest shop when I started to feel faint from not eating all day :( I unfortunately didn't make the best choice with my food but what's done is done so I'm gonna forget it and carry on!

I have also decided (after people suggested) to weigh in every 2 weeks.
Just because I really want to stick to it this time and I think if I get a crap loss in week 2 I'll fall off the wagon so my first weigh in will be 15th may, 2 days before my bday so I hope it's a good loss that'll be a great bday present to myself :D

Hey Blue :) never mind about today, if you felt ill then you had to eat something and at least you're not letting it get to you! Well done sweetie :)

Good idea about weighing every 2 weeks, it's great that you're recognising what sabotages your thinking and avoiding it. You really sound like you've got your head totally sorted hun, I have a feeling you're gonna do great on this diet :) xx

Thanks Jennie :D How are you doing?

Well week 1 is over (thank god!) and I had a couple of slip ups so I'm glad I'm only weighing in every 2 weeks.
I've decided to lower my goal weight. I would really like to get to 9st 7lbs. Hopefully by this time next year I will be there.

It's my birthday in just over a week (on the 17th) then a few days later it's my mums birthday. So my best friend wants to take me out for dinner on mine and the whole family want to go out for dinner on my mums. I dont know how I can get out of going :(
I just know that if I go then I wont end up making sensible choices and will then have to struggle with getting back into ketosis.
Gggrrrrrr.

Hi Blue, Im going through the same thing. Had a terrible weekend. Went for a carvery, and I started off really well only having the meat, then I went the whole hog and had potatoes, veg & yorkshire pud with gravy. And if that werent bad enough then I went to a kids bday party & had 2 slices of pizza, & came home & had 2 bottles of wine. Once I fall off the wagon, I fall hard! So I back at square one today, trying to get back into ketosis. The only bit of advice I would give is that its really not worth having to start all over again for a slice of pizza or bottle of wine! Just read up on the list of foods that keep yyou in ketosis & stick to them. I really wish I had. Good Luck & happy bday for the 17th xxx

Hi hun, could you maybe suggest a bbq or picnic? That way you can stick to packs or nibble some friendly foods. It might not put as much pressure on as going out for dinner xo

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Thanks for the replies, I'm exactly like you Gemma coz once I fall off the wagon I'm totally gone!
I think I will suggest a picnic so I can just have a bar or something. Maybe I could offer to cook so I could just have a plain omlette and a salad.
I really dont want to come out of ketosis just coz it's my birthday and we're off out, there will be plenty more birthdays to celebrate after this one!

Today has been a good day, not finding things difficult just yet although I do feel rather bloated for some reason.
Looking forward to sunday when I get to weigh in :D

Aaaaarrrrggghh torture!! I am cooking dinner for my 2 brothers and I am doing stew and dumplings (it's my fave!) sitting here smelling that really is torture. I've had my nose stuck in the gravy pot sniffing that too lol
But to stop myself from eating any stew I quickly added the meat so I wouldn't be tempted (I'm vegetarian)

Gonna have my bar and a coffee now I think.

Dont you find your sense of smell improves on this diet? I find food smells so strong now, especially bacon. Well done on resisting! xxx

Oh hun, food smells are the worst! I've gone down the slow cooking and scented candle route...stick everything in a casserole and put it in the oven, then go into a different room while it cooks and light a scented candle there. They work in the kitchen too, though mixed with food they don't exactly smell nice, but the combined smell isnt appetising either, so you don't want to eat it! It does however make your husband complain the flat smells of "girl stuff" ;)

Last edited:
Well done, you resisted. Great willpower!

oooopps I caved in and ate last night, silly silly me :break_diet:

But I'm back on track today. Not gonna let a little slip up have me spiralling out of control like usual!
I'm not cooking for my brothers ever again though, they're 20 and 26 so they're old enough to do it themselves, I'm just worried they'd burn the house down!

I'm thinking of getting an exercise dvd to do daily because I dont like being out on my own (phobias and anxiety problems suck)
I have no idea which one to pick though!

Hope everyone is doing well. x

:character00115: << it's the 'I mean business' smiley!

Ok confession time lol My first week on exante was spent eating junk every evening :( So not really on it and was still the same weight the next week.
So I properly restarted on the sunday after that (8th) so I'm going to weigh in from then and probably do so weekly coz I really cant wait 2 weeks.

I feel stupid for not starting right the first week, but NOW is week 1 and I have no food left in the house anyway so there will be no cheating lol

My restart is going great, I started on sunday and had 1 teeny slip up a few nights ago but that's it.

For some reason though the first week I start a vlcd I get my period, now mine are really really irregular so I never know when they're coming!
It came today though, so I feel all bloated and horrible. Hopefully it wont affect my loss on sunday.

Good Luck Blue Butterfly. I bet it will be more than you think xxx

Back