This time I will do it!!...

Lol. If thats what it is, its no laughing matter at times hun. When I have a really bad bought of it, it wipes me out for the day. 2 years ago I thought I wasnt gonna get home from my holiday abroad. I was ill in the hotel whilst waiting for the bus to take us to the airport, I must have been to the loo 11 times, I was sweating really bad and doubled up with pain. I ate nothing all that day just drank water.

God Texty that does sound awful. And in another country.

I really feel for you - you'd think with all the technology and medical advances that there may be something to help you x

It wasnt pleasant I can tell ya lol. It just comes on with no warning. Hubby was really worried as Id taken about 6 immodium tablets ( they are anti spasmodics too) and the only thing that help me. Have you found that yours is triggered by certain foods? Mine is salted nuts (which i dont eat now), mayonnaise ( its funny cos I cant eat sarnies etc from shops with mayo in, but if I use it at home it doesnt affect me). Red cabbage sometimes has an effect, kebab meat, and not always but sometimes chicken depending on how and who cooks it

Flipping new phone keeps sending things halfway through!!

I hadn't really considered IBS until we spoke about it the other day.

I can't eat white bread/pasta as tummy swells and I can't go to the loo at all.
Sweetcorn and peas disagree with me, shall we say, but I love eating them.

Funny you should mention nuts, I've been eating them lately as my HExB choice and have had horrendous stomach cramps...

I think I just need to go to the docs and see what they think it may be, getting really fed up of it now, and I'm uncomfortable a lot

Hopefully you will get an app soon, Im not a doctor but your symptoms sound very much like mine. I used to think that when docs cant pinpoint whats wrong with you they put everything down to IBS. You could have an intolerance to certain foods, sometimes people are diagnosed with coeliacs disease which is mainly wheat/gluten based products, but if peas and sweetcorn affect you then it could be something as simple as IBS - by simple I mean nothing serious.

When my sis eats bread based stuff she cant get her clothes on as her tummy swells so bad, it makes her look 9mnths pregnant. She has been tested for coeliacs and knows it not that. I rarely eat bread now, maybe once a week.

Yeah my tummy is the same when I eat bread.

I've tried to avoid bread for years before I had my ops for my endometriosis, my tummy used to swell anyway and if I had bread I really would look pregnant. I had trousers in 2 different sizes just to make sure something fitted.

Luckily, since operating my endometriosis isn't as bad but I still avoid bread.

I hate going to the docs though - I always feel like they think I'm making it up or wasting their time.

Dont put off going hun and tell them exactly how you have been and what affects you, you cant go on like that its too painful, if you have a diagnosis then at least you know what your dealing with, you can buy buscopan over the counter, it may be worth giving them a try?

Sometimes IBS can affect peoples lives so bad they cant work, so its not to be ignored. Let me know how you get on hun

Yeh Im ok hun the pain has gone now lol I had wholemeal toast for brekki and then for brunch a wholemeal chicken salad sarnie from morrisons, when I came home I grabbed something quick a chicken kiev so could be either of those causing it.

I sometimes get to the point where I think sod it ill have it anyway and suffer the consequences - if I stopped eating everything that affects me id never enjoy food lol

Hi ladies
I was browsing through some diaries and came across this one. Sorry for butting in I was just diagnosed with IBS last week and I am considering joining slimming world this week but was bit concerned with maybe not getting enough fibre because if I take wheatabix for HeA I'd then have to syn the whole meal bread im not sure I want to use so many syns and not have many left for treats. I used to do weight watchers until Christmas but found myself constantly hungry on that plan. I not very familiar with slimming world any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You should never be hungry on SW - there is so much free food you can have and ive found that I can manage now having bread only once a week. I really dont miss it. If your joining a group you will get all the information you need with regards to your healthy extras and syns. Give it a try and see how you go, the plan does work hun. Lots of us have IBS and are still losing the lbs - good luck.

Hi ladies
I was browsing through some diaries and came across this one. Sorry for butting in I was just diagnosed with IBS last week and I am considering joining slimming world this week but was bit concerned with maybe not getting enough fibre because if I take wheatabix for HeA I'd then have to syn the whole meal bread im not sure I want to use so many syns and not have many left for treats. I used to do weight watchers until Christmas but found myself constantly hungry on that plan. I not very familiar with slimming world any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I don't actually know if I have IBS but will be making an appointment this week with the doctors.

As Texty said, you should never be hungry on SW, there's just so much you can eat.
If you stick to plan, you should get some good losses.

Good luck! X

Hi ladies

Hi Hun if you was to do a green day you could have bread and wheatabix as you can have to healthy extras but you wouldn't be able to eat any meat or then would have to syn meat. I think it's the same with a red day as well but not sure. You can also get fibre from mushy peas, kidney beans etc.

Back