This time I will do it!!...

Hi all,
Sorry for having gone haywire - the truth is I have been binge eating for days, weeks even, and have felt far to embarrassed to come on when I've been so out of control.
I've been trying to blame it on my job - they are making redundancies/huge pay-cuts but there are strong rumours that we may go bust entirely - but in reality it's me being weak.

I weighed this morning and was 12st 3.5lbs - thats a whopping 1st 2.5lbs more than my SW lowest.

I seem to have swung from stuffing myself to trying daft quick weight loss solutions - like the shakes.
I know it's not healthy and I'm quite ashamed of myself. SW works, I know that but sometimes I honestly feel that food is my drug, like an addiction - I have crammed and crammed food in to the point of making myself ill. When I'm in that cycle, I feel like I have a split personality, I don't want to binge and gain weight but I can't seem to control myself.

In the midst of my binging I ordered a 'Clean 9' detox - £115! It hasn't arrived yet and although it's probably another fad, I will try it when it arrives as otherwise it's a complete waste of money. It's only for 9 days and may give me the boost I need.

I'm however trying to get back to SW today - slow baby steps. Have re-read my book and am taking it meal by meal.
Am off shopping later with a list full of SW food - OH is encouraging me to get back to plan as he's seen how down I am.

Anyway, enough rambling and self-pity. I can't blame anyone or anything else for me being this way. Ultimately, I am the one that puts things into my mouth and only I can change it. So, here goes...

Xx

Hi all,
Sorry for having gone haywire - the truth is I have been binge eating for days, weeks even, and have felt far to embarrassed to come on when I've been so out of control.
I've been trying to blame it on my job - they are making redundancies/huge pay-cuts but there are strong rumours that we may go bust entirely - but in reality it's me being weak.

I weighed this morning and was 12st 3.5lbs - thats a whopping 1st 2.5lbs more than my SW lowest.

I seem to have swung from stuffing myself to trying daft quick weight loss solutions - like the shakes.
I know it's not healthy and I'm quite ashamed of myself. SW works, I know that but sometimes I honestly feel that food is my drug, like an addiction - I have crammed and crammed food in to the point of making myself ill. When I'm in that cycle, I feel like I have a split personality, I don't want to binge and gain weight but I can't seem to control myself.

In the midst of my binging I ordered a 'Clean 9' detox - £115! It hasn't arrived yet and although it's probably another fad, I will try it when it arrives as otherwise it's a complete waste of money. It's only for 9 days and may give me the boost I need.

I'm however trying to get back to SW today - slow baby steps. Have re-read my book and am taking it meal by meal.
Am off shopping later with a list full of SW food - OH is encouraging me to get back to plan as he's seen how down I am.

Anyway, enough rambling and self-pity. I can't blame anyone or anything else for me being this way. Ultimately, I am the one that puts things into my mouth and only I can change it. So, here goes...

Xx

Chin up girl.. You can and WILL do it... Good luck x

Sorry you are having a hard time, is there any way you can get support looking into why you binge and maybe sabotage yourself when it gets to the point of getting where you want to be? X

I've tried to reason it out in the past - why do I do it, what are my triggers etc... In all honesty though I haven't managed to figure it out. I can go months being on track and then it's like a switch flicks and I turn into a binge monster.
I'll get there.

Thanks for all the support xx

Awwwwwww how awful for you, we've all been there at some point & know how you're feeling. You know you don't need to be alone, you can come on here & tell us how you're feeling, it is a support forum, we'll support you. x

Thanks HH. I know how supportive you all are and it has kept me going many a times. This time though, I felt like I'd let you all down and that was an awful feeling. Me just being silly I guess as like I said, you are all so supportive xx

Hi...

I find it interesting that you're focussing on the negatives as opposed the positives - because there are positives, despite what's happened just recently.

You say you're over a stone heavier now after weeks of sabotage (I could put that on in a week!) but the point here is this, you're over THREE stone lighter than you were. Whilst you say you shouldn't blame everything that's going on at work whereas the point here is that it is probably that and you're comfort eating because that's how you deal with matters of this nature. It's the age old thing of looking for another way of dealing with stress, upheaval, upset and any manner of things...seek comfort not with food but an alternative action.

I think you've lost (or you are losing) sight of what an unbelievable 'job' you have done thus far and just how many people you've encouraged and helped along the way. You're an amazing person and you should never, ever let yourself forget that....apart from anything else, look at the number of posts on your thread - go re-read every one of them if you need to...rediscover your mojo :)

Look at this from a different angle, ditch the negatives and, as I said, focus on the positives. On SW, I've no doubt you can lose that 17.5 pounds in six short weeks and then the final step of getting to goal. Think back of how you felt about yourself at your heaviest, I know you don't want those days to return.

You have strength deep down, I can see that from a lot of your posts and don't feel you've let anyone down, least of all yourself. All this is a discovery of oneself as well as losing the weight. You're almost there with the adjustment of your body, that just leaves an adjustment of that wonderful mind of yours. Ditch the demon :) ..You know you can do this and so do all of we on here....Stay strong...You're amazing!!!

Hi...

I find it interesting that you're focussing on the negatives as opposed the positives - because there are positives, despite what's happened just recently.

You say you're over a stone heavier now after weeks of sabotage (I could put that on in a week!) but the point here is this, you're over THREE stone lighter than you were. Whilst you say you shouldn't blame everything that's going on at work whereas the point here is that it is probably that and you're comfort eating because that's how you deal with matters of this nature. It's the age old thing of looking for another way of dealing with stress, upheaval, upset and any manner of things...seek comfort not with food but an alternative action.

I think you've lost (or you are losing) sight of what an unbelievable 'job' you have done thus far and just how many people you've encouraged and helped along the way. You're an amazing person and you should never, ever let yourself forget that....apart from anything else, look at the number of posts on your thread - go re-read every one of them if you need to...rediscover your mojo :)

Look at this from a different angle, ditch the negatives and, as I said, focus on the positives. On SW, I've no doubt you can lose that 17.5 pounds in six short weeks and then the final step of getting to goal. Think back of how you felt about yourself at your heaviest, I know you don't want those days to return.

You have strength deep, I can see that from a lot of your posts and don't feel you've let anyone down, least of all yourself. All this is a discover of oneself as well as losing the weight. You're almost there with the adjustment of your body, that just leaves an adjustment of that wonderful mind of yours. Ditch the demon :) ..You know you can do this and so do all of we on here....Stay strong...You're amazing!!!

Couldnt have put it better myself - Wise words indeed

Hi...

You have strength deep down, I can see that from a lot of your posts and don't feel you've let anyone down, least of all yourself. All this is a discovery of oneself as well as losing the weight. You're almost there with the adjustment of your body, that just leaves an adjustment of that wonderful mind of yours. Ditch the demon :) ..You know you can do this and so do all of we on here....Stay strong...You're amazing!!!

(Tears)
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Made me cry it was so lovely.

Your right in so many ways - I do often forget how much weight I've lost and focus on how much is left to go.
I'll use your tip tonight and will re-read some of my diary, especially the earlier days when I was very positive.

Thank you for post, it's given me such a huge boost today at a time where I really need it. Xx

(Tears)
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Made me cry it was so lovely.

Your right in so many ways - I do often forget how much weight I've lost and focus on how much is left to go.
I'll use your tip tonight and will re-read some of my diary, especially the earlier days when I was very positive.

Thank you for post, it's given me such a huge boost today at a time where I really need it. Xx

You're very welcome and it's no less than you deserve....I can't wait until I'm like you and have lost well over half of what I want to and I'm less than 2 stone from 'goal'. << See how well you've done!! :)

Take care of yourself, you are allowed to succeed!

I'm now subscribed and will watch with interest.

You're very welcome and it's no less than you deserve....I can't wait until I'm like you and have lost well over half of what I want to and I'm less than 2 stone from 'goal'. << See how well you've done!! :)

Take care of yourself, you are allowed to succeed!

I'm now subscribed and will watch with interest.

Thank you :). I always think of slimming as a journey - lots of ups and downs, and it always takes longer than expected.

And WOW! I've just checked your stats and your losses are amazing - 22.5lbs in a fortnight! X

Ah yes, the title lol. I will do it, at some point :)

You must be thrilled with such amazing losses x

Yes, I am if I'm honest but I appreciate, like you, that it's a long journey and the results aren't based on two weeks of taking care of myself. I am just starting to feel the benefits...more energy, clothes a little less tight, legs and feet less swollen...

I use your thread (and others) as a form of silent help. I don't often 'dive into' a thread and reply but I do read a vast majority of them...I find they are helping.

Hi hun, really hope u dnt mind me popping by as a total stranger, its just that ur feed popped up when I was searching for something.
I hv tears in my eyes reading ur post abt breaking dwn & binge eating x I'm almost 30 but I've been where u r many times since abt the age of 14, I can totally sympathise xx I've tried horrendous "solutions" but they were always short term fixes. Food ruled every aspect of my life.
I found SW in 2009 & it's changed my life, but moreso my eating habits, in ways I never imagined xx I went from 12st12lbs to 9st7lbs & can truly say, apart from 'blips' like I'm having today where I eat 3 ryvitas 2 many lol I've never binged since. I'll never b free from it, like u say it's like an addiction, & I do emotionally eat, but I try 2 remember that I'm in charge now x
Pease have the faith & strength in yourself to continue on this journey. You're NOT alone believe me xx
It sounds daft but walking also helped me. When I got low & wanted to binge I would just go 4 a walk, it cleared my mind & felt empowering that I was walking away from the bingeing.
Good luck hun xx Lisa xx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yes, I am if I'm honest but I appreciate, like you, that it's a long journey and the results aren't based on two weeks of taking care of myself. I am just starting to feel the benefits...more energy, clothes a little less tight, legs and feet less swollen...

I use your thread (and others) as a form of silent help. I don't often 'dive into' a thread and reply but I do read a vast majority of them...I find they are helping.

It is a lovely feeling when you start to notice the difference.
I'm glad the threads are helping you - Minis is an excellent source of support but feel free to dive in! X

Hi hun, really hope u dnt mind me popping by as a total stranger, its just that ur feed popped up when I was searching for something.
I hv tears in my eyes reading ur post abt breaking dwn & binge eating x I'm almost 30 but I've been where u r many times since abt the age of 14, I can totally sympathise xx I've tried horrendous "solutions" but they were always short term fixes. Food ruled every aspect of my life.
I found SW in 2009 & it's changed my life, but moreso my eating habits, in ways I never imagined xx I went from 12st12lbs to 9st7lbs & can truly say, apart from 'blips' like I'm having today where I eat 3 ryvitas 2 many lol I've never binged since. I'll never b free from it, like u say it's like an addiction, & I do emotionally eat, but I try 2 remember that I'm in charge now x
Pease have the faith & strength in yourself to continue on this journey. You're NOT alone believe me xx
It sounds daft but walking also helped me. When I got low & wanted to binge I would just go 4 a walk, it cleared my mind & felt empowering that I was walking away from the bingeing.
Good luck hun xx Lisa xx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Of course I don't mind you popping by hun.
I think that binge eating is a very emotive issue and isn't spoken about very often.
My OH believes that it is a form of eating disorder/addiction and I guess he's right. Unfortunately, with other forms of addiction, you can avoid the source - drugs, alcohol.... - but we all have to eat and cannot avoid food.

It is amazing to hear that you succeeded in getting to target and have successfully maintained that, without a binge - it gives me hope that I too will be able to achieve what you have done.
You should be proud of your achievement. xx

Hi Hun, sorry to hear you are struggling. I can totally relate to the binge. There has been a lot of wise words given above. Please take note - you are amazing! You have lost the weight once... You can lose it again! Don't look backwards, look forwards.
Food is a comfort mechanism. Somewhere along the line we need to realise food is not our friend. It doesn't solve the problems in our lives. You can do it and we are all here for you! ((((((Big hugs)))))))

Back