This time is for good!

Hi James

What motivated you last time to lose so much weight? I found your previous diary motivating. ( although I'm just over 9 stone these days, I previously had a bit of a weight battle )

Hello there. When I was at my biggest last time I was drinking a lot and and eating crap. Then had chest pains one time and it frightened me so quit drinking and started losing weight. Still don't drink but obviously the food intake went out of control over past year. Just got to take it on the chin and move on and lose it again. Main thing I know I can lose it but also know it's a long hard road bit one I'm going to be going down. I'll get there and hopefully will take this gain as experience and will never gain so drastic again.

Well done on your loss by the way :)

Might as well use this post.

Just been on bike again another 20 mins 6.30k. I know I need to take it easy as my knees might go again. But pleased with 3 stints on bike, a hour in total.

Last edited:
So I suppose a health motivated reason? I was similar ish really. Although 'only' 15 stone at my biggest, I suddenly developed heartburn and my knees would hurt. I could still run up the stairs much as I do now but my knees just ... Ached.

I'm a big believer in reducing risks as much as you can - so although I know that being a normal weight won't give a cast iron guarantee of no future health issues, it's a good starting point.

Ok, another question for you! Do you enjoy the bike riding? I ask this because the most crucial thing to get under your control is the eating. I didn't set foot back in the gym until I was 11 odd stone , maybe lighter. Exercise is important but it's not crucial at this stage. ( keeping active is of course! )

It's all about a mental 'click' in my experience. Without that click all efforts will be futile. I find maintenance very difficult indeed - I'm a compulsive eater and it's a constant mental battle - people don't understand this really. ' oh but you're slim! You're size 8! Of course you can eat what you want! ' ... Yeah - I do that and I'm capable of half a stone on in less than a week. I suppose I'm saying that it's gearing yourself up for the long haul. You did so well before - you can again.

A useful tip when you're wavering... Ask yourself if you're hungry. Because if hunger's not the problem then food ain't the answer. And if you're not hungry , walk away. Even if you have to have an inward full on argument with yourself.

I'm probably preaching to the converted ere though so ill shut up and wish you all luck. Someone said that the most important thing is that you're here and posting. I disagree. The most important thing is to get yourself - mentally - together and smash the f uck out of this. If you can repeat failure you can repeat success.

I think you'll do this. Good luck!

So it's been a long time and this is a post I'm sure all of us who come back after a loss dread to make, I know for me it's hard place to come back to as it's affected my life in ways I wouldn't even of dreamed of when first signing up.
I met my lovely missus on here we had 2 great sons who we don't know what the future holds for them as they were born 15 weeks early.
But this is the hardest part for me to say that me and Laura broke up. Its hard it's very hard if I'm honest but you can't force someone to be with you. I'm just glad we are getting on, as the kids get older they don't won't to be seeing parents on at each other and I just pray we stay the same as they get older.
Right that's enough of that stuff and I didn't know if to post that or not but thought if there was some of the old crew about they would ask soon enough anyway.

Onto me and my weight, as some of you know I started at 513 way back in 2011 then got down to 277 now I'm back to 480 not good at all and to be honest I'm so pissed off at myself it untrue. But these things are sent to test us and test me this is. Its going to be hard I know, harder than last time as for the past year I have stuffed my face silly I will admit it.
At least I have weighed in and logged it here, I started a new thread as I thought the last had run its cause and has I have to start a new chapter in my life I thought a new diary was in order.

I have just got of the exercise bike and done 10 mins and 3.19k. Nothing in the grand scheme of things I know but to me at this point in my life may just be the hardest ride I have ever done. It has taken me all day to basically blog myself and get the energy to get of my fat arse and get on the bike.
I know one day I will get back to the level of fitness I had before and I also know it won't happen over night but one day I will be there and when I am I can look back on this day knowing that them 10 mins were worth it and to know the next 10 are as well.
I hope to have a look around the sight over the coming weeks and ease myself back into it. As I'm here for the long haul again.

Hi :) just wanted to say that I started at a similar weigh to you so I know what you are facing. Good luck :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I like the bike but also know a dont really need to do it to lose weight. It just gets me focused and like getting fitter with losing not just losing weight.

Main thing was health reasons to lose weight. Also wanted to lose weight to find partner, Settle down etc. When I did meet someone I susuppose things got good and probably got to comfy and we let slip on the food front, in spectacular fashion. Sadly it ended and now I am where I am.

hi james
sorry not been around for a few days had a chest infection how are you getting on love
how are the little ones did the move go ok hope your keeping ok xxx

Hope you are feeling better now. Went to see them yesterday was great just time goes to quick :-(
Got a cold here.

hi james a lot better now thankyou
oh i hope your cold goes soon x x

Yeah it will. They are more a pain than in the arse than owt else.
Just had a lovely sunny dinner. Stuffed to the brim now tho.

hi james
do you know that the one meal i look forward to on a sunday
yes your right about it being a pain in the arse
glad you got to the kids it must go so fast and heart breaking when you leave but i think its lovely your still friends
x x

Yeah can't beat a roast.
It does go so fast it's unreal and heart breaking when it's time to leave them but got to plod on and try live life now without them being there everyday. Hardest thing of my life but I'm not the only Person in the world with problems and we must try move on, however hard.
Yeah I'm pleased we are still getting on. No point being bitter won't get anyone anywhere in life.

Hello there got a lot more than 7 stone to lose myself. But welcome and good luck with your weight loss journey

Back