This time it's forever or Dieting for Disney!

Still absolutely delighted by yesterday's weigh in :D happy days!

Breakfast- weetabix (heb) & a banana

Lunch- mild curry bachelor's pot shot & grapes (lots, they needed eating up)

Snack- mini pack of metcalfe's skinny topcorn- 4 syns

Dinner - actifry chips (3), 4 bgty sausages (4), 2 giant mushrooms grilled & beans.

Total=11 syns

Last edited:
Today started well, and ended well I think but there was a bit of naughtyness in between!

Breakfast- grab n go banana!

Lunch- tomato and herb pasta pot shot, apple, 2 rather miserable tasteless satsumas, cherry muller and a peanut hifi (heb)

Went for drinks after work and we had a buffet in the bar we went to. None of it was food optimisingly healthy. So I just had a small portion of it. Was nice, I enjoyed it and I've drawn a line under it. It was one meal out of 21 in a week. I want to food optomise for life and in life there will be meals where I can't. And that's okay. What isn't okay is carrying on eating predominantly fatty, sugary foods after.

This weekend I'm going to my parents and we are going to a party and there will be food. Luckily my parents are very supportive and will bend over backwards to help me stay on plan so it should be okay :)

Really really proud of myself today. Went to a party with food freely available and I didn't overeat or choose fatty options. Really impressed myself. Thought beforehand about how I'd enjoy the food and how that enjoyment is relatively brief and then thought about weigh in on Wednesday and how disappointed I'd be if I gained and could have avoided it. That seemed to work! Anyway, on to the food....

Brunch- salad, cajun sweet potato wedges, lm sausages.

Dinner (the buffet)- salad, wholemeal roll with beef, tomato and onions. No spread (heb), new potatoes (no butter), 1 piece garlic baguette (4 syns), v small piece pizza (I'm guessing 4-5), grapes, strawberries, orange & a slither of chocolate cake which I'm guessing used up my remaining 7 syns.

So I think I stated within syns. A bit hungry again now but I'm in bed so think I'll just go to sleep. Night night all :)

Last edited:
Proud of myself again today :) my parents asked if I wanted to go out for tea and I found the words 'can we just have some salad with cold meat and new potatoes?' pop out of my mouth! And that's what we did :) I'd better lose on weds after my saintly restraint this weekend!

We didn't have breakfast, had a lie in and an early lunch.

Lunch- sandwich with beef & tomatoes on Warburtons seeded bread (need to check the syns of this. Going to cheat and take 6 syns off and use it as a heb even though officially it's not), had a scraping of spread (2 syns perhaps). 2 clementines & a banana.

Dinner- salad (with a little balsamic vinegar as a dressing), new potatoes, cooked chicken, ham.

Well done on your weight loss so far, and I think you should have a halo for sticking to plan this weekend when you could have so easily not done. Could you tell me how you made your BBQ pulled pork please, and did you use pork shoulder? Thanks.

Thank you:) I'm so proud and my mum was really impressed, lol :)

The salad for tea didn't fill me up so I've just put the actifry on for some chips, LM sausage and more salad!

I used pork shoulder. I trim all the fat I possibly can off. It goes in the slow cooker with the sauce which is-
1 onion diced
Carton passata (8 floz)
3 tbs granulated sweetner
4 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
Salt and pepper
1 tsp mild chilli powder

I usually put a bit of smoked paprika in too. I cook it on high for about 8 hrs.

When it's cooked I remove the pork and shred it but while I'm shredding I put the sauce in a pan and boil it to reduce it and then return the pork and sauce to the slow cooker to mix them together. You can keep it warm in there too :)

Thanks mini. Have all the ingredients bar the pork and mustard powder but am going shopping tomorrow so might make that later in the week.

It's our favourite meal. Cutting the fat off is the worst bit cos it can be a bit tough.

We like it with sw chips, pork in a heb wholemeal roll and with salad. Yum yum. It is just as nice as pulled pork from a restaurant!

Do you make the sauce first then pour it over and cook the pork. Do you soften the onion? Sorry if I seem a bit dense. I only use my slow cooked for stew and I just chuck everything in raw, but I know some recipes are different.

I just mix up the sauce, put the onion in raw and then make sure the pork is covered. The onions cook along with the pork & then I reduce it in a pan while I'm shredding the pork at the end :)

On nights tonight. I always find this a bit odd to manage. As I get up the morning of my night shift and go to bed again around 2pm. I have my tea and then go to work. Snack at midnight, 'lunch' at around 3am, fruit at 6am and back in bed for 9 am for a few hours. Then up for a normal day. So when does a new day for syns and healthy extras actually start?? I really don't know so I'm conservative with syns on these days. very confusing! Gets even more so when exhausted in the middle of the night!

Lunch was salad, 2 boiled duck eggs and some cooked chicken

Dinner- actifry chips made with olive oil (3), 4 1 syn sausages (4), salad.

Midnight snack- hifi light and an aldi benefit bar =1 heb

3am meal- curry flavour pot shot, muller, 2 clementines, apple, 1 pack popcorn (4)

Breakfast- bowl of cherries, benefit bar (2.5)

Total syns=13.5

Last edited:
I have no idea how you do that. I would struggle big time with only a few hours sleep here and there. Must really disturb your body clock. What do you do?

I work in a hospital lab. I can cope with one night, blocks are awful though. It's hard to sleep during the day, but when I'm working I can push through being tired and just get on. Determined not to let it compromise my weight loss :)

Must difficult though. You have a little one as well don't you?

Yes, she's 4. Luckily my husband us off work so he's taking her out while I go to bed. I seem to manage it okay. Not fun but it's one of those things that has to be done.

Today's eating has been a little non existent. I'm just not bothered. I think it's the disruption from the night shift.

Through the night I ate a banana, a punnet of cherries, 2 Aldi benefit bars, a hifi light & some skinny popcorn. I didn't actually eat the other things I planned to!

Since getting up at 1pm I've had a banana and a coffee. Planning on burger, chips & salad for tea.

Dinner- actifry chips (2), salad, bgty burger in wholemeal roll with ketchup and a low low burger slice (4 & heb).

9 syns remaining.

Snack- m&s chocolate & pecan popcorn 6.5 syns

Total =12.5

Last edited:
An extra post for today. Just been shopping and picked up these. All under 6.5 syns per portion. Some under 5! I'm really excited to try them all!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140603_170026.png
    ForumRunner_20140603_170026.png
    433.3 KB · Views: 43
Back