This time it's forever or Dieting for Disney!

It's been a funny old day.

Highs- lost 2lb this week so I've lost 1st2lb in 5 weeks :D

Lows- gave in to the husbands wish for a Chinese! And I wasn't good. But annoyed really but it was pretty tasty!

Breakfast- 2 weetabix (heb) & banana

Lunch- curry pot shot, muller, 2 clementines, apple, popcorn (4)

Snack- 2 X hi Fi light (heb)

Dinner- 3 spring rolls, mussaman curry and Chinese chips.

Sigh. Oh well. I guess there's no point in the guilt! This is a plan for life and really you can't eat perfectly all the time.

Tomorrow is my birthday. We are going to the cinema and pizza express. After I get home I will not carry on eating. A line will be drawn and ill be back on track! I have to say, I was tempted this evening to go grab some more treats and snacks from the kitchen. I didn't. I think my resolve and willpower is growing along with my determination. I can't believe how much weight I've lost in 5 weeks!

Well done, that's a great loss. Never mind about the Chinese, as you say, we gave to live and can't follow plan all the time. Happy birthday! Hope you have a lovely day.

Thank you:) have had a lovely day! We went to pizza express and to the cinema to see malificent which I loved :)

140.5 syns were consumed today. Eek! Oh well, I enjoyed them and I'm back on plan now. Got some work ahead of me to pull this back for Wednesday but heavy on the super free, easy on the syns and it should be fine :)

Make sure you keep your fluid intake up as well to reduce bloat. Glad you enjoyed your day. Did your little one go with you to the cinema? I have two boys aged 11 and 8 and not sure it's their sort of film.

I drink lots and lots, especially tea and water. I think there was a fair bit of salt in my meal and I can really tell because I don't really put much in my food. Feel dehydrated!

She didn't, she's 4 and I wasn't sure if she was a little young. She loves cartoon movies but her attention wanders with live action films. I may well get it on dvd for her :) I bought the original sleeping beauty this week and she loves it. She's scared of Malicifent in that one, lol.

Back on it today! Pulled pork in the slow cooker :)

Breakfast was a banana and a coffee.

Lunch- salad, boiled egg and chicken.

Dinner- pulled pork, mixed veg, actifry chips (2).

Supper- 2 X hifi light (heb), curly wurly (6), punnet of cherries

Syns=8

Really enjoyed today's food & my evening snack felt really naughty as it was quite substantial and took me half an hr to munch through. Yum yum!

Last edited:
So had a sneaky weigh and I'm very close to weighing the same as I did on weds. Phew!

Put the chicken in the slow cooker around lunchtime. I keep going and having a little look at it. Quite fascinated and very excited about trying it this evening. I will also be trying actifry roast potatoes for the first time. Since I've had my actifry I have hardly used the oven!!

Also noticed that my eating is best when I'm not at work. Proper lunches with salad instead of mug shots. Shame I have to go back on Monday! Booo!

No breakfast today (I laid in till 11.30 am?)

Lunch- last night's pulled pork, salad, 2 hard boiled eggs

Snack- 2 hifi light (heb)

Dinner- slow cooked roast chicken, actifry roasted (2), mixed veg, gravy (1).

Supper- lots of cherries! M&s chocolate & pecan popcorn (6.5), m&s yogurt coated raisins (5.5)

Syns=15

Last edited:
Today is my last day of my little break from work ;-( so ill be back on the grab and go lunches to tomorrow.

No breakfast again today as didn't get up till about 10.

Lunch- salad, 2 boiled eggs, last night's chicken, 2 hifi lights (heb), coffee (hea)

Dinner- 3 bgty sausages (3) actifry chips (2), salad.

Supper- cherries & homemade tiramisu (8)

Syns=13

Feeling very very motivated at the moment. 2lb off a week will see me at target by Christmas. I hope I can do it!

Last edited:
Just finished a 12 hour shift. These used to have me running to the chocolate machine. Not today!! Also discovered a yummy heb- quaker multi grain fruit museli flavour porridge. Lovely!

Having a green day...

Breakfast- porridge (heb) above with milk from hea. Banana

Break- hifi light (1/2 heb), apple

Lunch- chicken pot shot (1), 2 satsumas, muller, 1 hifi light (1/2 heb)

Evening break- skinny latte with sugar free hazelnut syrup from Costa. Used milk from my 2nd hea.

Dinner- actifry chips (3), lm sausages, beans. Feeling tired and just want comforting carbs!

Treats- metcalfes popcorn (4). M&s choc and pecan popcorn (6.5)

Syns=14.5

I kind of feel a bit guilty for the evenings eats because I've had no superfree, a load of carbs and sugar. Thing is if I went and ate the superfree it would just be for the sake of eating it. I'm not hungry and I don't feel like it. Hmm. Oh well.

Last edited:
Well, today I committed the cardinal sin of weighing early and I've put about a pound on :( wish I hadn't looked! Although I'm slightly confused as I don't feel like I've put on at all! I shall carry on though, we shall see what weigh in tomorrow brings. I would be delighted with a loss, even a little tiny one!

Breakfast- the quaker oats so simple with milk (hea & b)

Lunch- chicken pot shot (1), 2 satsumas, muller, apple.

Dinner- bake to perfection salmon, veg, roast new potatoes (2)

Supper- 2 reese's peanut butter cups. 12 syns. Love them. Pretty small for the syn value but soooooo good!

Total=15 syns

Last edited:
It's Wednesday! We all know what that means! I'll update on weigh in results later. I feel a bit bloated today, so we'll see but I'm not feeling confident this week. My husband wants takeaway. I keep saying I don't want it but I really do. It's a case of mind over matter. I want my 1.5 award more than I want a takeaway.

Anyway, today's food :)

Breakfast- banana, porridge (heb)

Lunch- tomato & herb pot shot, orange muller, apple, 2 clementines, pack of popcorn (4).

At group- hifi (2nd heb)

Dinner- low low chicken tikka masala with rice. A frozen ready meal. Worked it out as 4 syns on green. Fruit platter from asda was the super free. Another bag of popcorn (4)

Total syns= 12

Last edited:
I just read through your entire diary and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see if you got your award! It's nice to see another shift worker living on mugshots, I am not alone!
You have an amazing goal to make, Disney is amazing! Look forward to following your journey. Hope it goes well tonight!

I just read through your entire diary and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see if you got your award! It's nice to see another shift worker living on mugshots, I am not alone!
You have an amazing goal to make, Disney is amazing! Look forward to following your journey. Hope it goes well tonight!

Hi :) well I shall keep you waiting no longer- I maintained, but I'm happy with that as the meal at Pizza express and the Chinese last weds night were extremely high in syns. Yummy though! I'm very relieved I didn't gain!!

got a way to go, but lots of time to do it in :D

P.s thank goodness for mug shots!! We get through loads of them in this house and when we are running low I actually have to hide them so my husband doesn't eat them all!!

Last edited:
Today's another 12 hour shift. Ugh! Well tomorrow is Friday and I'm off all weekend. Looks like it could be a nice weekend so fingers crossed!

A couple of new things for me to try this week. Picked up alpro hazelnut milk to try in coffee. 400 ml is a hea. I love hazelnuts so maybe I'll like this. Also my consultant was talking about butternut squash curry and said it was lovely so I'm going to give it a go. I'm not fond of butternut squash, but I find it okay in a soup and it's blended in the curry so it's worth trying out! Still on my mission to track down twinings salted caramel green tea. apparantly it's in tesco so I may take a trip there next week. .

Last edited:
Nut milks in coffee is amazing! you have a subtle nutty flavour. Good to know 400ml is a HEA that's going in my notes lol
Keep up the good work!

Wrote out a huge long intro to today's food diary but lost it cos the signal was poor at work! Today was a 12 hour shift. I'm shattered. This week at work has been so long and arduous and I've still got another day. Roll on weekend!! So as today was long I went with a green day.

Hea- skimmed milk
Heb- porridge
Heb- hifi

Breakfast- porridge & banana

Break- Costa skinny flat white

Lunch- mug shot, muller, 2 satsumas, apple

Break- Costa skinny cappuccino with sugar free hazelnut syrup

Dinner- actifry chips (1.5), lm sausages, frozen mixed veg, hifi, champagne magnum (13)

Total= 14.5

I used my 2 hea choices for the skimmed milk in my 2 coffees and my porridge.

Edit- just noticed that the original post posted twice above. Silly phones! I shall edit as I changed my food diary a little :)

Nut milks in coffee is amazing! you have a subtle nutty flavour. Good to know 400ml is a HEA that's going in my notes lol
Keep up the good work!

Yum yum :) I shall try it on Saturday!

I love trying new things. It keeps things interesting and keeps me motivated. We love experimental meals in our house :)

Well today at work has been awful. Too much to do, no time. Very stressful. I almost ended up in tears towards the end of the day. On days like this before sw I would have gone to the supermarket and bought a sainsbury taste the difference pizza, garlic bread, taste the difference triple chocolate cookies and a tub of Ben & Jerry's and then drowned my sorrows in food!

I'm not doing that, I didn't even think about it. But I am making more actifry chips than normal cos I'm really really hungry!

Breakfast- porridge & banana

Break- skinny capuccino with sugar free hazelnut syrup

Lunch- mug shot, muller, apple, 2 satsumas, popcorn (4)

Dinner- bgty sausages X3 (3), actifry chips (2), mixed veggies.

Supper- Cadbury dairy milk little bar =5.5

Total=14.5

Last edited:
Well done for not going for your usual (Which by the way does sound amazing lol), you would of jeopardized all your hard work! So, well done.
How are you getting on with your actifry? is that 2 syns the oil you use?

Back