This Time

Sophie Sweetcheeks

Hi everyone!

My name is Sophie, I'm 28 years old and this is going to be the last time I start food optimising!

I joined SW for the first time when I was 19. I've been overweight since I was about 15 and have struggled with my size ever since. My problem is that I've always been a binge eater. I even remember being a young child and wanting to constantly gorge on food like it would be the last thing I ever ate. When I reached my teens and started doing little part time jobs and having that bit of extra cash I would always spend it on multipacks of biscuits/chocolate etc and that trend has continued until now.

Back in 2012/2013 I did really well on SW. I joined in November 2012 and weighed 15st 3.5lbs (I'd lost 7lbs before joining SW that time) and went on to weigh 12st 13.5lbs by about June 2013. I was absolutely chuffed as at my heaviest (when I was 20yrs old) I'd weighed in at 17st 5lbs. So in June, with my new body and new confidence I decided to go out partying. It ended badly when my drink was spiked and then you can probably guess what happened after that. What happened to me that night destroyed my confidence and made me feel like if I'd still been the fat, unattractive girl I used to be I wouldn't have ended up being put through that experience.

I gradually gained weight again, then got upset and lost a bit just to put it all back on again (and more) and I've been yo-yo-ing ever since. I'm fed up of being fat, uncomfortable, lacking confidence and disgusted at my own reflection. I've wasted my 20's being this way and don't want to be like this any more.

I've got my determination back and I'm ready to do this and do it right. I won't give up, no matter what life throws at me. I've planned to start on Wednesday 6 January and will be keeping track of my progress here as I won't be going back to group.

Thanks for reading. I hope to get to know you all!

Sophie :)

welcome :)
uve been through an awful lot - lets hope 2016 is ur year! looking forward to reading your diary and following u along ur journey
good luck! x

Hi Sophie!
Good Luck for wedbesday you sound more than ready for your journey! Look forward to doin this all together :)
Xxx

Hi again!

Well... I weighed myself this morning and it was as bad as I thought it'd be! I'm now 16st 5.5lbs which is just 3.5lbs lighter than this time last year (Let's focus on the positives yeah?!) I expected to be 16st+ so I'm not going to let it get me down as I'm feeling confident about my new start.

I've given myself a target weight of 11st 5.5lbs which will be in the healthy zone for my height (5ft 8ins) and will be a 5st or 70lb loss. It does seem daunting but I have managed to lose over 4st in the past so I know I can do it if I don't give up!

I had my healthy food shopping delivered today and have enjoyed my first day back on plan. I've planned all my meals up to Tuesday and I have found in the past that the only thing that gets in my way is when I'm not organised with my food and end up buying fast food or microwave junk so my aim is keep organised and I can't fail!

I usually lose quite a lot in my first week which can range from between 5-10lbs so if I can do that this time it'll be a good boost for me.

Thanks for the comments so far. It's nice to have the support.

Sophie :)

I'm halfway through Week 1 and I'm happy to say it's going really well so far. I haven't had more than 6.5 syns per day as I've just been using them for sauces etc with my meals. I haven't been craving any 'treats' so I'm not going to eat them just for the sake of using my syns.

One of my plans this time was to try at least one new recipe per week. This week I decided to try the SW Chicken Supreme which I found pretty tasty. It definitely doesn't feel like a syn-free meal (although I added some syns to it). I'm pleased that I'm trying new food and enhancing my cooking skills at the same time... win win! I think that trying a new recipe every week will prevent me from getting bored with the same food all the time.

Hoping I have a good second half of the week now. Feeling positive about weigh day Wednesday!

Morning Soph! Not long till weigh in now! Sounds like you're in the right place and you're determined. I've got about 10 stone to lose..ish lol so I'll be on that long journey with you :D Looking forward to keeping each other going :D x

Morning Soph! Not long till weigh in now! Sounds like you're in the right place and you're determined. I've got about 10 stone to lose..ish lol so I'll be on that long journey with you :D Looking forward to keeping each other going :D x

Hi Lucie! Yeah I feel very determined this time. I've put on over 3st since I lost weight before and it makes me so angry with myself because even though I wasn't at target I was so much happier with my body. I know that 10st seems like a long, daunting journey but I do know people that have lost up to 8 stone in a year on SW so just stick to it and this time next year you'll thank yourself and be extremely proud! I'm here if you ever need any help or a push x ;)

Oooooh, tomorrow is weigh day! I'm really excited to find out how much I've lost in my first week.

I have to say I think I've been perfect this week. I haven't craved any of the bad stuff and I've enjoyed all the healthy food I've been eating again. I feel like a SW angel
:angel:

I've been doing a Food Diary on here but I am going to start doing it in this thread so it's all kept together.

See ya tomorrow!

DRUMROLL PLEASE...

I lost 5.5lbs this week! :woohoo:

I've gone from 16st 5.5lbs to dead on 16st

I'm really happy about that. Obviously, an extra 0.5lb would've been amazing so I could've got back down into the 15's but I know I'll definitely get there next week. I like to compare my weight loss to other things on the What I Lost website. I found out that 5.5lbs is more than the weight of the average Chihuahua... that's great for week 1!

I've got this week all planned out. I have 2 new recipes to try this week. The first I'll be trying today which is a BLT pasta salad with mustard and balsamic vinaigrette and then later this week I'll be trying a creamy Korma recipe which I was kindly directed to by LucieLovesIt after I saw her delicious looking curry on Instagram.

Hopefully I'll get my 1/2stone next Wednesday!

Thank you Moon Gazer and MelonCollie, I'm over the moon!

I tried a new recipe again today. It was BLT Pasta with mustard and balsamic vinaigrette. It was quite nice but I'm not that fond of lettuce so I think I'll leave that out next time and use spinach instead. The vinaigrette was delicious!

I'm moving my Food Diary to this thread so here it is for today...

13 January 2016

Breakfast
None

Lunch
4 scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast (B) served with a sliced tomato and ketchup (1)

Dinner
BLT Pasta
Mustard & Balsamic Vinaigrette (2)
Muller light

Drinks & Snacks
Pepsi Max
Cadbury Flake (7)

Total Syns: 10 (no A choice today - oops!)

I had the leftovers from last night's BLT pasta for lunch today and it wasn't that great to be honest. I'm not sure I'll be making that again.

I made a Syn-free Quiche for dinner with a ham base and it was lovely. It didn't taste like 'diet' food at all so that's something I'll definitely be making again... it even looked beautiful!

14 January 2016

Breakfast
None

Lunch
BLT Pasta
Mustard & Balsamic Vinaigrette (2)

Dinner
Bacon, mushroom & spring onion Quiche (A - for added cheese) served with baby potatoes, salad and mayo (1.5)

Drinks & Snacks
Pepsi Max
Chocolate (9)
Alpen Light (B)

Total Syns: 12.5

I always throw a tablespoon of creme fraiche into my pasta, creamy goodness and tastes soooo fattening but isn't

Back