This will not beat me!

Val72

Time for a clean slate.

I have been having a couple of 100% days followed by more than a few 1% days recently so i have decided to start a new thread - a clean slate. For this diet/healthy eating malarky to work, i actually need to follow this plan properly.

My danger time is 10.30pm onwards when OH goes to bed and i stay up watching crap on the telly - eating! So now i have a plan

1. Write a food diary for the next 4 weeks
2. drink 2 litres of water per day - will purchase some bottles today so i can keep in the fridge and make sure i keep it up
3. excercise every day, even if it is just a walk - will try and do 4 classes per week.
4. go to bed by 10.30pm
5. fill in this diary every day - sorry warts and all - might get a bit wingy!!!
6. Try and go cold turkey on the pepsi max - this could be the hardest one

There that should do it.

Please feel free to read along and offer advice/suggestions as i go along.

Thank you

Val

I know i'm only half way through the day, but time for a quick up date so far managed 2 x 600 bottles of water. brekky was w'bix and milk Hex A + B. Lunch - went to mothers group and took strawberries and kiwi friut. 1 of the mums made a low fat chocolate slice from a book which gives her the calorie count so i can work out the syns 118 cals = 6 syns still hungry when i got home so had a banana and a yogurt.

Am still hungry now so i am gonna have some Tomato and olives (1 syn for 6 - will have to get unstuffed ones next time so can have 8 for 1 syn)and a boiled egg for afternoon snack.

For tea am having tandoori style chicken (which basically means as close to the recipe as i can get given i have neither tandoori spices nor quark as i live pretty much in the bush and my nearest indian takeaway is an hours drive and quark does not exist in oz!) Today will be a red day so i will have a weighed spud and salad and some rf cheese to go with it yummo!!

The tandoori (ish) chicken was a success. The nearest i can get to quark is rf ricotta so i bought that only to find i actually needed fromage frais. You cant get either here so i just added 60mls of water to 100g of rf ricotta. It was a bit runny so next time i do it i will just use 40ml. Also I had to use 'morrocan spice' as we dont have much indian selections here - the supermarkets are more geared up to chinese and thai food, so i had to improvise all the way. The ricotta makes it 2 syns each.

Gonna relax infront of the tele with a chai tea for 2 1/2 syns and go to bed nice and early and read.

I have not had a single pepsi max all day and have drank 2.5 600ml bottles of water. i want to finish off this last one and i will have made my goals for today.

victory!

i am gonna take this one day at a time.:D

Well done for sticking to your aims Val - you will see a massive difference without the fizzy caffeine drinks; I stopped them over two years ago and lost that horrible 'hard' feeling in the top of my tummy...you'll know what I mean once its suddenly gone!

Well done for sticking to your aims Val - you will see a massive difference without the fizzy caffeine drinks; I stopped them over two years ago and lost that horrible 'hard' feeling in the top of my tummy...you'll know what I mean once its suddenly gone!

Thanks for stopping by JoRoger - Good to hear that i will notice the benefits in the end. Am suffering with a headache at the mo:mad:, but am sure it is just caffine withdrawal and have taken a nurophen so that will be soon dealt with. Am determined to carry this through and wont let a pesky headache stop me !!!

Right - day 2

Am winning against the headache so time for a quick update before i go and get my eldest off the school bus.

Been a lovely sunny day here - they are predicting 40 degrees for the weekend - had better call the man get my aircon serviced!

Have had a very relaxing day today (ok read lazy!!) Eldest is at school and youngest is at daycare. Went to pump today and have moved my weights back up to where they were before i stopped going about 8 weeks ago. May have been abit premature, no doubt will find out tomorrow when i see if i can walk!!

Made and hung some net curtains (the dogs have ripped existing ones to shreds), hung out some washing and stared at the ironing board thinking 'i must do something about that massive pile' - it is, afterall the thought that counts lol! should be an ironing bored!

Like I said a lazy day so far. The kids will be back in a bit and the whole thing is gonna go mad - fighting, 'mum can i have this', screaming and on it goes! Gonna enjoy the next 8 minutes!

anyway food today
B - weetabix and milk
L - 2 egg omlette with peppers, onion and m'room
T - will be Tuna niscoise (posh for tuna salad with boiled egg and olives)

so far had 1 litre of water at the gym, which i am not gonna count. and 1 600ml bottle of water. I am gonna add some nas squash to the next bottle to make it easier to drink, but i dont wanna be getting hooked on that!!.

Right, better find my shoes and go get my eldest...

so that was the most boring entry i have done sofar - am gonna have to re-invent myself as an alter-ego or something!!! That said nothing much to report since my last entry, I am, however, procrastinating cos i dont want to do the ironing. Also OH is out on a call so just me and the kids, this is danger time for me, so i figured if i am on here, i need both hands to type and am not eating.

This drinking water is surprisingly difficult, i never really expected that, but will plod on regardless.

Ok - day 3 and no headache. I googled caffine withdrawal and wikipedia said the sypmtoms can last between 1 and 5 days. Hopefully i am over it. Also said i may feel anxious - funny though, i wasnt feeling anxious until i read it - now i am anxious about becoming a hypercondriact (not sure on spelling).

Mini victory on yesterday evening - i didn't fall back into old habits, and spent some quality time with the kids instead of hiding in the pantry with a massive bag a crisps in my hand.

Syns so far have averaged around 13 :D

Ok Day 4 issues are Lunch and tea!

am going to bingo in a mo and we stop at half time for lunch and the cafe does anything you want with chips! Also Tea - the kids do little athletics which starts at 5, so tea is a manic rush. Also at the end there is a bbq with steak and sausage sandwiches to tempt people.

Have just had a lightbulb moment! Am gonna have a steak and salad for lunch (no chips!!), then i can sort myself a chicken salad sandwich for tea - sorted!!! Or could still have pizza for tea (using wm pitta for the base) as the kids really love making their own - just have to get organised i guess - hmmmmm!

No time to sit round here....

You can go back and exit your posts if you want :)

Congrats on sticking to your goals!!

I think I might try to give up the fizzies too :(

Was addicted to coca cola - now addicted to diet coke D:

I think I may try and stop it tomorrow :s

Keep up the good work :)

You can go back and exit your posts if you want :)

Congrats on sticking to your goals!!

I think I might try to give up the fizzies too :(

Was addicted to coca cola - now addicted to diet coke D:

I think I may try and stop it tomorrow :s

Keep up the good work :)

Doh - have just noticed that dirty big edit button on the bottom of my posts!!

I'd say definately give giving up a go! Had a couple of ropey headaches at first, but now i'm over it! TBH it has been harder focusing on drinking so much water, but feel stacks better already lets hope it shows on wi day!!!

Yay - another successful day! Am definately on a roll., ok so it is now 11.30 at night and am not in bed yet, but am watching an old ep of spooks with tom and keely hawes in it. It finishes in 10 mins then it is off to bed for me. Halo intact for today :)

Back