Thomasina's maintenance diary :)

Zenaworrier

Back to reality!
Hi guys,
I thought I would come and join as this seems the place to be atm!
A month on from refeed and its going ok! But I seem to be stuck in a rut and I don't know why or what to do!
The last few weeks have been a nightmare! My step dad had a heart attack, my sister who has cancer had to have a lump removed but has now been told they had to take some of her voicebox with it so she will never talk again properly. My husband has gone away for a month and my mum has an abcess. So all in all I've been all over the country, airports, hospitals and been very stressed! I have to admit I didn't eat as well as I should. I only eat halal meat so when I'm out I tend to eat vegetarian but I don't like fish so there isn't always many options!!!! But anyway as a result I gained 5lbs but I have managed to lose 4lb of those straight after. Now for the last week the scales have not moved ahhhh. Although I am happy I haven't put any on I have to admit I am getting a little frustrated! I have been good for over a week now and nothing is happening!
I used to exercise quite a lot but haven't really had time over the last few weeks. Things have settled down a bit now so I'm back on it! Starting couch to 5 k on tues!!!!
I am consuming about 1000 cals a day. I don't know if you guys think this is to little? On the BMR calculator it says I should be having around 1400 but I'm not hungry and don't really feel I should eat more just for the sake of it!
So anyway my action plan for the coming weeks is:
1- Keep drinking 2l of water a day
2- Get back to spinning and aqua fit
3- Get out of the 10 stone mark
4- Complete couck to 5k
5- Continue eating healthy
Sorry for long ramble!
T x

First of all, I am really sorry to hear of all the troubles that you have been going through lately, that must have added such a lot of stress to you, big hugs hun.

Personally I dont think you are eating nearly enough by only having 1000 calories a day, you risk putting your body into starvation mode, which could be why the scales are not moving for you.

Try making a list of your daily food intake and we can all try and help you with your menu's. Are you eating protein?.....protein is great to get your metabolism going.

Hey sweet - just getting my subscription in! ;)
Looking good so far and sorry to hear about all your troubles :hug99:

x

Poor you...and your family....been through the mill the past while, but hopefully things are getting better!

I agree with Mary, 1000 cals is not enough and your body could be just saying that too and holding onto reserves, OR, it could be that you are at the weight you should be? Not sure how much more you want to lose, but there comes a time when your body knows and says enough is enough!! So, not quite sure where you are in this.

Well done though on getting to where you are now....

Take care

Hi T and welcome :D

I'm really sorry to hear about all the trials you have in your life at the moment, it can't be easy for you. :eek:

But well done on your loss and on maintaining for a month up to now!

I have to agree with the others, I think you should up your calories by at least 200 a day or forget about calories altogether and go for 3 sensible, healthy, balanced meals and maybe a couple of fruit snacks a day.

Good luck with whatever you do and look forward to hearing how you get on. xx

Hi guys,
Thanks for all your lovely replies! This weekend was a bit of a right off! Spent the weekend with my sis and tried to make the healthiest choices as possible but I did sneak in a bowl of ice cream!
Well the good news is I have lost 2lbs so far this week. I did my first Couch to 5k yesterday which I loved until I woke up at 3am this morning having a massive asthma attack and have to be rushed to hospital! Not really sure what bought it on. I haven't one in over 10 years so it scared me a little. The ambulance man joked that my body went into shock after doing so much exercise- Cheek of it!
I always thought I was quite healthy and active but going to take it slow for a couple of days and see how I get on. I've been put on steroids for a week so it will be interesting to see how these affect my weight lose. Steroids are the reason I got big in the first place after I had to take them for 2 years a while back when I was ill.

Yesterdays menu:
B- Porridge with blueberries
L- 2 slices of bread with scrapping of olive spread, 2 scrabbled eggs and half a can of baked beans. Topped with 2 tsp of cottage cheese.
D- Small jacket potatoe with 2 tbsp of veg and 4oz of veg with vegetable gravy.
S- One plain apple and one apple topped with shape zero for dessert.

Today I plan to have:
B- Bowl of shreddies
L- 3 oz chicken with salad
D- Chillii con carne made from quorn with 4 oz of rice and natural yoghurt
S- Special k bar, a hot chocolate ( naughty I know but needed a bit of comfort !) Yoghurt with apple for dessert.

T x

Your menus look great and see how, when you just make healthy choices you can even have a treat and still lose weight!
As far as the hot chocolate is concerned - I don't see that as naughty at all.

Sorry you had that fright in the night!! Yet another hospital visit then! :eek: I'm no expert but all the stress you're under at the moment may have been a factor I would imagine. I also think steroids for just a week would have to be a hell of a high dose to make much of a difference to your weight in that short time.

Hope you're feeling okay now and you're able to relax and give yourself a break today at least! xx

Thanks for that Jan. So worried about the steroids but at least I know how to deal with weight gain better this time!
Today didn't really go to plan. Ate a little more- around 1400 cals, but I just felt really miserable and bored today!
So today I had:
Today I plan to have:
B- Bowl of shreddies
L- 2 oz chicken, one boiled egg with salad and dollop of cottage cheese
D- Jacket potatoe with half a can of baked beans and dollop of cottage cheese.
S- Special k bar, a hot chocolate ( naughty I know but needed a bit of comfort !) Yoghurt with apple and small banana for dessert.

I have drank about 2.5 litres of water today with I'm happy about! And did about 20 mins of light stretches and sit ups.
Back to work tomorrow :( but then off to get my hair cut. Going for a bit of a drastic change so might chicken out last minute! Then going to attempt to do some cardio.
T x

Not surprised you were a bit miserable, I bet you were tired too!! Under the circumstances 1400 was really good going!

Enjoy your hair-do and GO FOR IT!! Why not??!! :) x

I forgot to add I had a small bag of butterkist popcorn yesterday! oops. Back on track from today. Hairdressers booked for 4! Will post some pics up later. Bit nervous about it but it will be a nice treat and I need it atm. My sis gets the results of her biopsy today. They know its cancer but need to find out how bad. Seems so sad. She is only 36, mum of 5 kids and recently divorced. Life is not fair!
T x

I forgot to add I had a small bag of butterkist popcorn yesterday! oops. Back on track from today. Hairdressers booked for 4! Will post some pics up later. Bit nervous about it but it will be a nice treat and I need it atm. My sis gets the results of her biopsy today. They know its cancer but need to find out how bad. Seems so sad. She is only 36, mum of 5 kids and recently divorced. Life is not fair!
T x

hope you dont mind me butting in but sorry to hear of your current family troubles..

id say your dealing with the eating thing very well under the circumstances and that you def deserve a hot choccy if thats what gets you through the day :) everyone i know (myself included) as been involved with at least one person with cancer so my heart goes out to you at the moment.

h x

Hello Harriet

Haven't seen you online in ages. But then im just back on track. Probably on the wrong thread but do you think i'll lose my weight by end of sep?

Haven't seen you online in ages. But then im just back on track. Probably on the wrong thread but do you think i'll lose my weight by end of sep?

oh ive been flitting about here for a good while :) i dont see why not if your doing a vlcd..if youve done it before, then you know how quickly the weight tends to drop off..its the maintaining bit thats the hardest lol good luck with it

h x

New hair :)

Hope this works!

Attachments

• IMG00007-20100715-1746.jpg
    IMG00007-20100715-1746.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG00009-20100715-1747 - Copy.jpg
    IMG00009-20100715-1747 - Copy.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 33
Hair looks fab chick!:D

So today I had:
B- Bran flakes with ss milk
L- One boiled egg with salad
D- Chilli con carne with 4oz rice and dollop of cottage cheese
S- Special K bar, Weight watchers lemon cheesecake ( omg this was divine! Felt like treating myself and this hit the spot. 211 cals but worth it! )

So today I had around 1000 cals. I know this is a little under but wanted to make up for my over eat yesterday.
Had a better day today :) Got my haircut which I love and on the way home popped in beales and they had a sale. Picked up 2 tops in the sale which were a bargain and in size s!!!!
T x

Your hair looks lovely hon! You sound as though you're feeling a lot better. I hope your sister's news was as good as it could be. xx

Harriet

oh ive been flitting about here for a good while :) i dont see why not if your doing a vlcd..if youve done it before, then you know how quickly the weight tends to drop off..its the maintaining bit thats the hardest lol good luck with it posted by Harriet. Don't know how to do a quote!

Harriet whats 'vlcd'?

Back