Those of you who can lose 3+ lbs a week.....

missRV

Can you tell me your secret?
I was in group last night and very disappointed that I'd only lost 1lb.... especially listening that there are other members there, some are 1/2 of my size, and they're losing 3,4,5lbs in a week... especially listening to some saying they never exercise... I followed the plan to the letter this week :(

What am I doing wrong :( is there anything else I can do to get a better weight loss?

Hi MissRV, I have losses over 3lbs sometimes but really for me it depends on the time of the month so I would rather look at my monthly progress.
Slimming World do say to aim for 1-2lbs a week so you're doing great! You're right on track! There are many weeks when I would be praying for a 1lb loss! Your weight loss so far is fantastic- try not to lose sight of that.

If you feel you deserve a larger weight loss you could try the S.A.S log to identify problem areas?

Last edited:
Hi MissRV, I have losses over 3lbs sometimes but really for me it depends on the time of the month so I would rather look at my monthly progress.
Slimming World do say to aim for 1-2lbs a week so you're doing great! You're right on track! There are many weeks when I would be praying for a 1lb loss! Your weight loss so far is fantastic- try not to lose sight of that.

If you feel you deserve a larger weight loss you could try the S.A.S log to identify problem areas?

Exactly this! I lost 3.5lbs this week but last week 'only' 1lb. For me, it depends a lot on what time of the month it is, how much exercise I've done etc. I do find, however, that I tend to lose slightly more if I mix up my days a bit. So I've had a few Green and Red days recently as well as EE. I find mixing things up keeps me more interested too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies and support :)

I'd lost 3stone doing it at home before joining but that took me over a year. I'll give the SAS thing a go or try mixing my healthy extras up :) I'd be happy with 2lb a week :)

Hi! I'm a bit of a slow loser too. i know its very frustrating seeing people drop 4 or 5 pounds at the drop of a hat and seeing 1lb if you are lucky. I was calorie counting and doing ww last year and it took me the whole year to lose 2 stone. Its much faster now on SW, i'm down 6lbs in 6 weeks. Keep going hun, it will all add up!

One of my biggest bugbears about SW is the way that the C asks each member to specify the amount they want to lose for the following week. I always refuse to do it, as I have no control over how my body reacts to the SW plan. Despite being 100% on plan every day, sometimes I lose 0.5lb,other weeks 3lb, and sometimes I maintain or gain. A few weeks back I lost 4lb and when the C asked me how I'd done it, I told her I had no idea! When I first started the plan, I would routinely lose 2lb per week but since reaching the 5 stone mark, it's slowed down and I've just accepted that I'll get to target in the end but maybe not as quickly as I'd hoped!

I think weight fluctuates quite considerably during the month, I went to a different group whilst on holiday and lost three pounds, and my weight has fluctuated since in my regular group and then again when i went to a different group, while travelling on business. I think the calibration of different scales and surfaces doesn't help. As long as its all in the right direction generally I'm ok with that. I just think as long as you know you are doing the right thing and following the plan, you should be ok. motivation wise when you get disheartened, it seems to come off in a big chunk or at least it does for me. :)

In the past 3 weeks I've lost a 5 a 3 and a 1, just depends on what your body is playing at some weeks I think. I know loads who have 1/2 or 1 losses then have a massive loss weeks later.

I'm moving class this week so only have 5 days until my next weigh in, so I'm not expecting anything amazing now but I'm hoping for a good loss the week after, I'm really hoping this is the case and that my body will sort itself out.

Every time I've tried 'speed soup' I've gained but I've been talked into trying it again this week to see what happens.

yeah i find that strange- best lost I've ever had is 3.5lbs and i was ill :/ i couldn't dream of losing what some people in my group do, and they seem to do it with little effort at all while i follow it to the book. i guess everyone is different - my losses are consistent each week as I don't have TOTM which is a bonus, but it seems a lot slower compared to other people.

I have had consistently had good losses (3lb+) since I started in January, however I have no idea how I did it, I was eating my syns most day at least up to 10, sometimes the full 15, recently this has slowed down and there are only a couple of things that come to mind. Before I started SW I hadn't dieted or watched what I ate for a year (pregnancy, new baby) and also the 2 weeks I have maintained (twice so far including this week) it has been the week before star week. I also think the fact that I was 15st 12 at the beginning of Jan might have had a part to play. I have tried to incorporate exercise but dodgy knees and pelvic floor that is non existant (thank you 2nd child!) means I don't do it consistently enough to make a real difference.

I know it can be annoying but try to remember that it is your personal journey--if you are really changing your eating habits for the rest of your life then a slow, steady loss is a good indicator of that. Chin up!

Can you tell me your secret?
I was in group last night and very disappointed that I'd only lost 1lb.... especially listening that there are other members there, some are 1/2 of my size, and they're losing 3,4,5lbs in a week... especially listening to some saying they never exercise... I followed the plan to the letter this week :(

What am I doing wrong :( is there anything else I can do to get a better weight loss?

Not many people lose that week on week, remember though, it can take a few weeks for a change in behaviour to filter through.

I know I'm probably the person your talking about :( but I have the same sorts of feelings when you hear people talking about "oh I had to drink the rest of the crate mind you 3 bottles of wine in a night, it's been a long time since I did that" and they were slimmer of the week at their group! And you have stuck to it religiously and lost 2lbs and they lost 5lbs it just isn't fair sometimes and I'm not sure if we will ever get to the bottom of it! Keep going is all I can say and you will get there in the end I'm sure ;)

I've cheered up about it a bit. I just don't understand how we're asked about mini targets when we have no control of our weight loss. My consultant thinks it's because I'm not having enough speed food so I had speed soup yesterday and feel so bloated today.

It is very frustrating. I am not on sw yet, am doing total food replacement during the week and sw at weekend so I know exactly what I put in my mouth and it's a lot less than what I will be eating when I move over to SW. Still my losses are low compared to other vlcds. I can only imagine my losses will be even slower on sw so 1lb a week will probably be a good week for me :). As others have said it's a personal journey so try not to pay too much attention to what others are losing :)

I write a food diary every week & if I have a bad week I can check what I had that week, I find that it's good to look back....
If I exercise I loose inches, If I don't I loose weight!
Don't worry about the mini target for the following week, it's always good to see the weeks when you exceed it & good to talk about it if you don't!
Good luck on your journey......
Pete

Back