Those pesky 15lbs

amybee

I've been trying to lose these last 15lbs now for over a year. I'm a university student and am currently studying abroad - surrounded by temptation AND away from home for the first time - it's a recipe for slimming world disaster! Put on 15lb in my first year of uni, lost it in summer 2014 so back down to weight before I left, but now want to get back down to my lowest slimming world weight when I was a member. Joining the groups is obviously impossible while I'm away studying, so I'm helping this forum will help and support me a little.

Really want to start feeling good about myself again. I deserve to feel like the empowered young woman I am striving to become!

Posting weigh-ins and general diary remarks along the way.
ALL SUPPORT IS WELCOME :)

Today has started well!

Breakfast
Big bowl of fruit for breakfast with Kwark (fat free yogurt equivalent here int he Netherlands), 40g all-bran plus (Hexb).

Lunch
Two pieces of bread (second Hexb) for lunch with an apple and coffee with skimmed milk (100ml of HexA)

Dinner will hopefully be a piece of beef, pumpkin and mushrooms.

Having an original day but I'm bored trying to do lots of reading and researching for assignments. That's what usually leads me to overeat to be honest. I'm sat at home, with the fridge in my room (welcome to student living), bored out of by rain with uni-work. So I snack.

Trying to be extra good today though and drink lots of water instead. I've also scheduled myself regular breaks to divide my time a little so as to not get so bored.

As suspected, put on weight this morning, I'm heavier than when I restarted this journey two weeks ago, actually! But I suspect it has a little to do with my star week..and a lot to do with my 4 day ugar/fat/carb-overload.

Going for gold this week guys - hope you are too!

does anyone know whether I'm calculating my healthy extras right? 40g of all bran plus (the stick cereal by all-bran) is correct for 1 HexB, right?

Today is another good day :)

Spent my morning at the gym so came home to a mushroom omelette (300ml skim milk) with 30g cheese, and an apple

Thinking of making the move to unsweetened soy as I heard you can have almost a litre of that!! I don't really drink milk but like having it in omelettes and cooking with it, so maybe not a bad idea. Also thinking of starting to sink protein shakes to fill me up and get a sweet fix. They don't sell miller light in the Netherlands and most of the other yogurts are 1/2 syn each and not very satisfying, so if rather be full and satisfied from a protein shake and take the hit of syns :)

Back