Those with families..

Kingly

Do you find this diet hard? I've only been doing it a week so its been fine but its difficult with a young family. I have an almost 4 year old and 17 month old and a husband ;) I seem to be cooking all different meals at the moment which isn't ideal. Also it's the temptations of little people snacks. I've resisted very well so far but I can't NOT have things in the house at all as I still need some normal food and treats for my littleuns.

My husband has been very good though and is trying to have what I have but adding in carbs. He's super fit and is running alot as hes doing a half marathon soon so he needs his carbs!! He's also been trying not to hit the treats which is nice.

Just wondered how everyone else found it more longer term?

I've only been doing it a week, with a 2 and 4 year old to look after too, i have been mainly doing them the foods they want, or making the meat part of the meal for us all and a smaller portion of carbs for them. Their snacks are not things i really enjoy much anyway, i deliberately let them pick the crisps and naughty treats that i don't really enjoy so they won't be a temptation.

Worst bit so far is trying to stop them trying to eat all my muller lights!!

OH has been avoiding eating here but when he does i just do the same for him as the kids.

On my PV days i have been doing us all the same main meal, so first night they had aubergine chips made with oil, and i had them without, with veg and homemade burgers, last night i had quorn bolognaise with courgette pasta, the kids had that plus some spaghetti thrown in.

Tonight we will be having separate meals as i fancy prawns and they don't eat them. It's been hard not being able to eat much at my parents house as they just don't have the foods in to make the PP meals, now i'm on cruise i can mix and see them days i'm on PV.

Very hard.........but worth it.

I have a ten year old and a hubby. She would eat most of what I can, but won't eat spices or hot things, hubby will only eat plain stuff. So I tend to make them the same dish and I have a dukan one. Yes it means two meals, but I try to time it so I am eating at the same time as them. On PP days its easier because most meat options don't take as long to make. last night I had vietnamese beef and apart from the prep of the sauce, it only took 5min to make mine..........so i start theirs first.

Just think though, its not forever, its only til you are at TW and then you can start to reintroduce bits to your diet, carbs, gala meals etc., I buy them biscuits and crisps etc., and buy myself prawns / tails / mussells / jellies. They are my treats and they get ice cream etc.,

I have been aware though, how much carbs I give them, so in a way its become a bit healthier for them too.

Yeah I guess it's not forever I don't have too much to lose overall. My two aren't massive fans of meat. They'd fail epicly if they had to do Dukan lol!

Hi, I have 3 children - 7, 5 and 2 and my OH and it can be difficult with all their 'normal' treat stuff around, but I find I am not actually wanting it (gotta love ketosis!) but I DO miss just being involved in having certain things. I don't want to stop making nice little treats with them, so have continued to bake cakes as they really enjoy it. I just can't sample them!

I did worry a bit about how my food looks to them on pp days, so some wise dukaneers advised switching to 4 days pp so that I have the weekend free for pv! That is working so far (only starting wk 2 of this 4:3) as I work 3 days and during the week the kiddies eat earlier than us, so we're not all at the table with me and a chicken! ;)

When I did Dukan before, it didn't seem such a big deal, but one year on and my children have become more aware of these things and 'healthy eating' so I want to be as normal around then as possible.

All in all, I keep remembering this should just be a couple of months. Then more 'normal' eating will resume with veggies at most meals and occasional treats. It isn't forever and the end result is so worth it.

Good luck!!! :)

Hi, I have 3 children - 7, 5 and 2 and my OH and it can be difficult with all their 'normal' treat stuff around, but I find I am not actually wanting it (gotta love ketosis!) but I DO miss just being involved in having certain things. I don't want to stop making nice little treats with them, so have continued to bake cakes as they really enjoy it. I just can't sample them!

I did worry a bit about how my food looks to them on pp days, so some wise dukaneers advised switching to 4 days pp so that I have the weekend free for pv! That is working so far (only starting wk 2 of this 4:3) as I work 3 days and during the week the kiddies eat earlier than us, so we're not all at the table with me and a chicken! ;)

When I did Dukan before, it didn't seem such a big deal, but one year on and my children have become more aware of these things and 'healthy eating' so I want to be as normal around then as possible.

All in all, I keep remembering this should just be a couple of months. Then more 'normal' eating will resume with veggies at most meals and occasional treats. It isn't forever and the end result is so worth it.

Good luck!!! :)

Brilliant post, Couteaux! :D

P x

Back