Thought I'd give it a go!

You can buy slim noodles & slim rice from Holland & Barett, which I think are pretty similar. I prefer the rice to the pasta & noodles, as they've got a bit of a weird chewy texture which is less noticeable with the rice. I think the rice is good in a stir fry (with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, spring onion, coriander & whatever veg & protein you like) or with a homemade curry sauce.

X

What type of marinades do you use and is it really calorie free? That's crazy!! Can you buy it from any shops?

Hi Suzy, I just use a packet of soup powder from a 100 calorie cup-of-soup (Ainsleys). I use it more or less undiluted so quite strong. A full packet of the pasta is 15 calories and is a fairly large serving.

P.s., you have to rinse the noodles like crazy in a sieve when you first open them as they have a slightly weird smell from the starch. I just rinsed them, stuck them in a plastic container with lid and mixed them like crazy with the soup mix, left them in the fridge overnight and reheated in the microwave to eat with just a tiny bit more water. I also seasoned with a little salt and pepper.

That's quite a good idea with the soup mix. I might try it with the slim rice (not too keen on the pasta, although I think I tried a different brand to you).

I've also seen people mixing the pasta with low fat flavoured cheese (such as laughing cow blue cheese flavour I think?) & mushrooms - have also been meaning to give this a go with the rice sometime!

X

Fastes yesterday and was ok!! Poured a big bowl of cereal for breakfast today and only managed half of it!!

Well done on yesterday's fast! Was it a complete fast, or did you have something small? It's funny how you can feel so much less hungry on an UD. Today is my 2nd second fast of the week - woke up really hungry, grrr! Going to try & ignore it & distract myself for as long as poss! Enjoy your day of eating today :)

X

Anyone know what the average portion is per person, dried? I always find i eat waaaay to much of it and i feel horrible caus ei've eaten the whole thing haha

God no I need my food ha I went to the gym and cleaned out the kitchen cupboards to distract me! Going to the carvery now and don't need to stress as I haven't had much to eat today. Fasting tomorrow so got some soup on the job ready!

Have lost my holiday weight just after 1 fast and a few days sensible eating :) just need to lose the weight I put on the week before by being lazy then I can start counting down again!!

Weighed again this morning and had lost another 2 even though it was a feast yesterday so will prob lose more tomorrow! I know I shouldn't weigh but I felt so down when I got back I had to see it coming off to make me feel better x

Popping to subscribe :)

Well poooooop. Just messed up my very first fast day after seven weeks! The in-laws phoned and asked us to go out for tea this evening. After repeatedly changing my mind, I decided to go ahead and go and fast either tomorrow or Saturday instead. We don't get to see them much so I wanted to go and enjoy it.

Still, bit disappointed in myself.

Back