Thought I'd give it a go!

I've been lasting until 5pm for dinner (though only after the first two weeks). HAVE to have dinner ready then tho!
I find it easier than if I have a snack tho a light lunch was ok

Before I fasted from 9pm one evening to 9pm following evening with just milk in tea - we eat late I know! There were quite a few days where I'd be dizzy or not right - so I think I'll have a snack of some sort this time. I've just had a couple of rice cakes with veggie pâté - can manage now until tonight's tea

This has been my easiet fast day! Love the m&s meals! Have also burned loads of cals at the gym :)

Attachments

• image-932614260.jpg
    image-932614260.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 85
Well, I'm a bit wary about my fast day tomorrow. Had another bad headache at work today. This one was a migraine with visual disturbance making it hard to drive home. I'm not sure if its the fasting causing my headaches or just other life stressors. Not giving up though!

Ooh Caz, think I'd be a little wary but totally get your determination:)
Are you splitting your cals into mini meals - that might be the best bet, and make sure you're drinking plenty of fluid, limiting diet coke/black coffee. Good luck lovely x

Thanks :) I've had migraines like that for years, about one per year or so....never been caught driving with one though. I have noticed an increase in normal headaches. However, they don't seem to be happening on fast days, which makes me think it's probably not the diet (hopefully!). We'll see how today goes!

Yeah hope so! And also hope that if it's caused by something like stress that anything stressful goes away!

Hope you get on ok today, & are headache / migraine free.

X

Aww sorry to hear that. I'm lucky not to ever get them touch wood. Not fasting today as working from home and don't want to set up to fail so just having a sensible day. Need to go out for a walk tonight. Got meals out fri sat and sun aaaaagh my social life gets in the way so much!! X

Decided To Join You!

I am an ex Pat in Spain who works in a British supermarket! I've always had success with Slimming World but as I have a constant stream of visitors who want to eat out every night (aaargh) I have decided to give this a go. I trialled fasting by having nothing but coffee all day before dining out with guests after work. I did this twice this week and I was fine, so now my guests are at the airport, I'm on it for real.
So far coffee and some low calorie crispbreads to snack on. Tonight, Cock a Leekie soup.
I'm only up to around 300 calories so need to find something to bridge the gap.
I've had a packet of rice and spaghetti brought over from Holland & Barrett to try, the really low calorie stuff, so this weekend I can plan some meals, try it out with some veg from the market.
I can get this stuff shipped from H & B for €6.95 so might just be getting a large delivery as I love rice and pasta.
Another lady here is trying it, she's done it for 2 weeks so far quite successfully, so we'll see how it goes. I'm feeling quite excited/positive. I work Mon-Friday so am going to do Tuesday & Thursday as fast days. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Aww sorry to hear that. I'm lucky not to ever get them touch wood. Not fasting today as working from home and don't want to set up to fail so just having a sensible day. Need to go out for a walk tonight. Got meals out fri sat and sun aaaaagh my social life gets in the way so much!! X

Wow, look at you with your active social life :) Not that I'm jealous, lol. Sounds like a good weekend - hope you have fun!

X

I am an ex Pat in Spain who works in a British supermarket! I've always had success with Slimming World but as I have a constant stream of visitors who want to eat out every night (aaargh) I have decided to give this a go. I trialled fasting by having nothing but coffee all day before dining out with guests after work. I did this twice this week and I was fine, so now my guests are at the airport, I'm on it for real.
So far coffee and some low calorie crispbreads to snack on. Tonight, Cock a Leekie soup.
I'm only up to around 300 calories so need to find something to bridge the gap.
I've had a packet of rice and spaghetti brought over from Holland & Barrett to try, the really low calorie stuff, so this weekend I can plan some meals, try it out with some veg from the market.
I can get this stuff shipped from H & B for €6.95 so might just be getting a large delivery as I love rice and pasta.
Another lady here is trying it, she's done it for 2 weeks so far quite successfully, so we'll see how it goes. I'm feeling quite excited/positive. I work Mon-Friday so am going to do Tuesday & Thursday as fast days. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Hello! :wavey:

Is that the eat water slim pasta you're talking about? Don't think I could survive DDs without the slim rice one! Nowhere near the same as the real thing but great for bulking out meals for next to no calories.

Good luck!

X

Hi Leigh :) I haven't tried the hollan and Barrett stuff yet keep meaning to would be great for fast days! Make sure you like it before you order a full container he he

Back