Thought I'd give it a go!

Welcome Leigh!!! Hope you love this way of eating as much as I do!

Finally got up the courage to weigh myself.... I've lost 8 pounds! Really surprised at that! It's coming off slooooow but it's going :) That means that I'm still losing a pound per week on average, which is ok for me as I'm totally enjoying my feast days and haven't been exercising much either!

Hi, Yes it's the eat water stuff. I thought I'd try a packet of each before the 'shipment' is ordered. I love rice and pasta but I've read it doesn't really taste much like either......willing to give it a go though. Yesterday I only managed 312 calories.....no headaches, no hunger pangs, it's not normally me but I think I've been getting my head into gear this last week. I really think with dieting it is a lot to do with your state of mind. Dreamt I got on the scales last night and was 12st 1lb, that's so NOT going to happen. Well done Caz on losing 8lb, slow and steady, best way to go :) I'm going to be sensible on the non fast days, so I don't undo my efforts on fast days.

What do you have the rice with? X

I like to experiment. So far I've tried:

Egg Fried Rice: Fry onion & garlic in fry light with veg of your choice, add rice for a min to heat up, make a space in the pan & add beaten egg, scramble for a couple of min & stil to mix through. I often add soy sauce, fish sauce, chinese vinegar, & mirin, & maybe some chilli & fresh coriander

Creamy leek risotto: Fry a couple of leeks with garlic in fry light. When softened, add rice to heat through. Meanwhile beat an egg with a couple of tablespoons fat free fromage frais or quark. Take off heat & stir through egg mixture (the residual heat will cook the egg). Season with salt & pepper.

Curry: You can use whatever low cal curry recipe you like. A simple one I sometimes do is fry onion, garlic, & fresh pureed ginger in fry light. Add spice paste (I usually mix coriander, cumin, tumeric, fenugreek, asafatida, & sometimes cardoman, cloves, or anything else I fancy with a little water to make a paste). Cook the spices for a few min - make sure you stir constantly. Add chopped tomatoes (I find fresh plum tomatoes the best, but could use any fresh or tinned) & chopped chicken thigh (fat & skin removed). Simmer for 30 min. At the end of cooking, add fresh chopped chilli & coriander, & the juice of 1 lemon or lime.

I've also read about people mixing cooked mushrooms & laughing cow light through the eat water noodles.

In my opinion it's no substitute for actual rice / pasta but I find it takes away the 'emptyness' (just as much psychological as physical) I feel when I have a carb-free meal!

X

Last edited:
Have got some zero noodles but they didn't have rice :( any fast day ideas? Wish I could cook I'm sure dieting would be easier! It's not that I don't try it just doesn't work out ha ha x

Just dug through my wardrobe. I have five pairs of trousers that are practically new but I still can't quite squeeze into them. Come on weight loss!!!

15 weeks until Christmas would LOVE to lose a stone!!!

Me too!!!!!

Well, lunch was a bust today. I'd made my normal slim pasta / cup of soup concoction but with a different flavour and it was so gross I couldn't eat it! So it's now 5:20pm on a fast day and I still haven't eaten anything :) Bring on tea!

Hi all started 5:2 last Friday and have done 2 fast days so far (Fri and Mon)

I'm not keen on the 'eat water' pasta but bought some 'bare naked noodles' from Holland and Barrett on Saturday and they are much closer to the real thing

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have just ordered 10 packs online, with the buy one get one half price offer it came to 22.50 with free delivery :)

Can't fast today so doing tomorrow....my first Friday :/ busy at work and going the cinema tomorrow night so will hopefully be distracted!

Good luck xx

Everyone still going strong?? I've had a weird week... I did both my fasts ok, but I don't know if I'll be able to eat that eat water pasta again. I had some on Monday for lunch, instantly felt sick, and then had Tues-Thurs off work sick! I'm not convinced anything was wrong with it, but as I now associate it will feeling ill, I might not be able to stomach it.

How is everyone doing? I'm hoping and praying that I'll be under 200lbs after my 2nd fast next week. It would be a wonderful feeling! I was 202 at the end of last week.

Back