Thought I'd give it a go!

Thanks very much for all your support! :) Still waiting for the results from the vet. It's hard to explain just how much this little dog means to me! I decided not to even attempt fasting this week, but am determined to start again as soon as I can - hopefully next week! xx

Aww hun, of course he must mean the world to you - a pet is like a member of the family, so it's so hard when they get ill. Hope you get the vet results soon, the waiting is so stressful, & hope it's good news.

X

Hiya, it's bad news I'm afraid. She has the most aggressive type of cancer :-( they said the tumour came out fine and it had normal cells all around it, but we just have to wait and see if it comes back now. They said that chemotherapy doesn't really work in dogs with this type of cancer, but could do more aggressive surgery if needed. Bad time for me to be on a diet, but I don't want to be fat either!

I'm so sorry to hear that caz :( my kitties mean the world to me and I'd be devastated if they were ill so dread to think how your feeling :( just forget fasting but don't binge x

Hiya, it's bad news I'm afraid. She has the most aggressive type of cancer :-( they said the tumour came out fine and it had normal cells all around it, but we just have to wait and see if it comes back now. They said that chemotherapy doesn't really work in dogs with this type of cancer, but could do more aggressive surgery if needed. Bad time for me to be on a diet, but I don't want to be fat either!
Sorry to hear that Caz but it sounds positive in that the surrounding cells were fine. Make the most of every day you have her, it could be a long time yet :)Have the weekend off and start again next week, if you start putting weight back on you'll only feel even more fed up.

I'm afraid I've gone back to the dark side....back st weight watchers!!! Wondering whether to combine it with 5:2 or 16:8...
Do what works best for you. What is 16:8? Do you have lots to lose or are you trying to get the last few lbs off?

16:8 is fasting for 16 hours a day and eating for 8.(not literally!) so you still get health benefits but without needed to limit calorie intake. I need to lose at least a stone and half really and I'm getting nowhere fast :( x

Sounds interesting Heather. I need a stone off so if you try it, I'll be 'watching you'.

Just tried on a wiggle dress and wiggled right out of it! How do you wear one unless you're a size 8? Fasting tomorrow for sure.....

Just had to Google what a wiggle dress was! I tend to avoid dresses like the plague....make my belly look even bigger!

I fully expect getting back into the swing of things to be a bit of a challenge. We'll see how today goes. I'm definitely not going to weigh myself for at least 2 weeks. I really fear that I've gained all the weight back! I have no real meal plan today....will try to survive on Bovril this afternoon and just have one main meal this evening.

Well Caz it did my tummy and hips no favours whatsoever, especially with the 'wrong' knickers on :sigh:
Really I was looking for a t shirt dress but they all seem to be 'body con?' tight. Probably why they were on sale, there aren't enough skinny people around!

Woke up with a mega cold :( was planning on teally going for it with the exercise this week an can barely lift my head :( had a baaaad weekend with plenty of wine and the munching that goes with it so going to try a fast today to try to make up for it. Felt like I was overrating on feast days so hopefully with weight watchers alongside I should start to lose. Thinking maybe 6:1? 16:8 isn't for me I enjoy breakfast too much and missing it everyday would be too hard

Well done you, even with wine??? When was your last weigh in?

Hey, sorry for late reply. Yes even with wine but I only wi every fortnight on my Friday off.

I've also upped the exercise. Did a seven mile walk last week and eleven miles yesterday. Sixteen miles on the push bike on Friday too.

Hope everyone is good. I've got two nights out and food to use up so think I'm only going to get weds in as a fast day and possibly Friday.

Back