Thought I'd give it a go!

Mondays fast out of the way here too! Out again tomorrow night, aaargh, so will fast Wednesday as would you believe it, I'm out Thursday too! I am trying to keep under 1000 calories on no fasting days, but this week I've no chance.

Really sorry to hear about your kitty Heather :-( I know all too well how close we can become to our pets! Please try not to beat yourself up too much for comfort eating during that time. Many congrats on reaching your dress goal Leigh, even if the party was a bit of a bummer!!! I was really good yesterday, right up until about 10pm when I had such a horrendous migraine I just did anything to try and relieve it so I could get some sleep! I ended up eating about 1000 calories yesterday :-( I'm still feeling motivated to keep going though ;-)

Last edited:
Feel so good being back on track. Ate less than 500 cals yesterday and wast hungry when I woke up so just had a coffee then a late breakfast. I'm going to try my hardest not to binge on feast days!

Well, it's 6:30pm on my fast day and I've eaten my lot for the day - went over a tad at 518 calories. Feeling pretty good and might even do some exercise! Will weigh myself in the morning to see what the damage is from going off track :gulp:

Well, after going off track I'm only looking at a 2lb gain, which is great! I had a really good fast day yesterday and also burned an additional 250 calories on my cross trainer before going for a 20-minute walk outside to cool down. I really do love the feeling when I wake up after a fast day :)

Me too! Love it that if you wake up hungry you can have a yummy (healthy, lol) breakfast & not feel at all guilty. Well done Caz! You are also doing fab keeping up the exercise :)

Heather, good going on the compliments! Proof it's defo working :) Really sorry to hear about your kitty hun, such sad news. Hope you feel a bit better soon.

X

Got a 3rd compliment on Thursday too :) just come back from combat I go before i eat so burning last night cals off. Even when I haven't fasted this week I've held off for breakfast until I'm genuinely hungry. Would never do that Before. Was busy on Wednesday and only had water and sugar free red bull until almost 6pm! Strange isn't it?! Had a big carvery and I've cream last night though and going to Pizza Hut fl my nephews birthday at lunch then a family wedding tonight aaaaggh!

Got a 3rd compliment on Thursday too :) just come back from combat I go before i eat so burning last night cals off. Even when I haven't fasted this week I've held off for breakfast until I'm genuinely hungry. Would never do that Before. Was busy on Wednesday and only had water and sugar free red bull until almost 6pm! Strange isn't it?! Had a big carvery and I've cream last night though and going to Pizza Hut fl my nephews birthday at lunch then a family wedding tonight aaaaggh!
Great feeling when people notice!! If only we didn't have a life and had to socialize we'd be sooo skinny. But, enjoy the fun times and know you can 'correct' things later. Must admit, I've gotten into the habit too of missing breakfast on days I'm not fasting. I ALWAYS had breakfast, but it's just habit. Some advise it's a must but I'm starting to disagree.

Well, after going off track I'm only looking at a 2lb gain, which is great! I had a really good fast day yesterday and also burned an additional 250 calories on my cross trainer before going for a 20-minute walk outside to cool down. I really do love the feeling when I wake up after a fast day :)
That's great Caz. I have a heavy couple of weeks ahead of visitors and had a week of going out virtually every other night. I did 3 fast days this week to try and compensate, only cheated with a couple of glasses of wine last night, so a little over with alcohol. Not sure how I'll fare over next 2 weeks, but I'll have to try my best, can do no more.

Well done on your 3 fasts Leigh. Not sure I could do that!

I'm fasting today too Heather..,.not easy during a 10-hour work day. I don't normally do Tuesdays but I was off work yesterday and ate out. I have enough calories left for an apple so am going to wait and have it just before bed. Can't wait for breakfast!

xx

I failed my fast :( I did so well didn't eat anything until I came home from training at 1.30 ish then saw the casserole in the slow cooker that if made the day before forgetting I was fasting the day after. Had no idea how many cals were in so thought sod it I'll fast Tuesday......I did so well yesterday had nothing apart from quavers all day (didn't plan properly and hadn't been shopping) then did my combat class and was so hungry that I had oven chips and quorn burgers for tea and then some choc :( what is wrong with me?????????

I find the longer I leave food on a fasting day when I start eating I can't stop. I try to think of having 5 100kcal meals... Always have my ww toast with 15g jam in the morning, comes in at 110kcals then I don't get a break till 12:30 so will have ww chkn noodle soup and Special K crackers at 146 then by the time I'm home and got the kids sorted its nearly 7 so I pace it out. Boullion is my lifesaver ( around 12kcsls per cup ) not saying my way is the right way but I've struggled with portion control for soooo long, I find the days I skip breakfast or try to hold out leads to over consumption if food wether its a fast day or not. Xxx

Aaah Heather don't beat yourself up! You said it yourself, you didn't plan or shop. Put it behind you! I have guests now so I'm not fasting this week, not even thinking about it as it'll only make me stressed out. I'll start again next week. Little and often through the day works for me, like Carrie. I find I can skip breakfast though and space out my calories through the day. I like the 99 calorie sandwich thins, with tuna and tomato, comes in at about 160 cals and fills me up! Tins of soup, coffee, I'm sorted.

Going to fast tomorrow. Haven't planned but I'm out in the day and then got a job interview at tea time so will be nervous anyway! Plus my suit is on the tight side! I also have an Halloween costume to fit in on Saturday!

Back