Thought I'd give it a go!

Well, I've tried a week of eating a bit healthier and exercising more and I've lost a pound....the same rate of loss as when I fast twice. To be fair, I didn't really watch what I ate until the latter half.

It is more effort losing weight this way - getting up early before work to exercise, avoiding crisps & sweets, etc. What I do like is having porridge for breakfast every morning with unsweetened soy milk. By starting my day with that, and having a couple apples later, my daily fibre is much higher which keeps things moving, if you know what I mean!

Will have another week on this regime and see what it does to my weight before deciding on whether to continue fasting or not. I really don't care what approach I take, as long as the damn weight comes off!

I know what you mean Caz. I don't care about the how, I just want to see results. I thought cutting down to 500 cals twice a week and being careful the rest of the time, the weight will fly off! To be fair, we've had so many visitors and meals out, I should have put on half a stone and only actually gained 3/4 of a pound, so I guess if I take it steady now, home made soup on no fast days, I should start seeing some better results.

Well I caught up with old friends on Thursday at the carvery, had My leaving meal on Friday and was at a party last night! Feel like I need to be on house arrest or something! Have still done exercjse apart from 3 days so hoping not too much damage done! Fasting tomorrow and have just bought my slim tea so fingers crossed!!

Just seen your before and after pics on another thread Carrie-wow!!! How have you done it? Please share!! X

I started a vlcd on 2nd jan, got a chunk off but then hovered between low 11s and 12st till 1st June. Decided to get stuck back in again and mid August was 10.4 so started exercising daily. Started with 30 day shred, whilst I'd changed my diet to two packs per day plus a low carb meal until mid sept ( when my packs ran out ) then done all low carb until 28th sept at 9.12 then started 5:2 on the 30th sept after a carborific weekend to regain my glycogen stores ( I did not weigh ) after 2 weeks of 5:2ing I braved the scales at 9:13 and have been working through with 5:2 ( an odd week of 4:3) continuing with exercise every morning ( it's no longer a challenge or a chore ) and am now 9.6. Next weigh in is tomorrow. My ultimate goal is 9.3 but will maintain between 9.3 and 9.7.

Thanks, I've done vlcds before so am used to starving lol, but have never learnt how to balance. For the first time ever, I'm losing weight whilst eating what I like in moderation and carbs! Goal is to hit 9.3 for Xmas! Xxx

Yes per pie!

That's amazing! I really need to do something drastic bedlfe Christmas I'm so miserable and Dread to think what I'd be like in jan if I don't! I'm sick of yo yoing. I love 5:2 but on weeks when I don't fast I just pile t back on obviously!

Help!!

Carrie, could you put your before and after pics on here? I need the inspiration!

Two weeks of fasting, no cheating, no massive blow outs on non fast days, put on 1/4 of a pound.......feeling fed up and might need to look for a new diet, my body seems to have 'gotten used to' this routine and won't budge! How's everyone else doing?

Back