Thought I'd give it a go!

Rant away! It is really hard. My house is a complete tip most days and I don't even have kids! Your trip to Vegas was probably great motivation to lose weight fast, but perhaps your metabolism hadn't adjusted to the lower weight yet? Who knows...

I like having short and longer term goals in most areas of my life, and I've learned that for me, having a high flying career just isn't everything, as it can too easily become all-consuming - there are too many other things I want to do besides work! In that light, I'm considering dropping a day if they'll let me. Guess I'm showing my age! I'll be 41 soon :eek:

Looking forward to our July challenge! Don't give up on me now!!

Sure! The more the merrier!

Well, I put on 3.5lbs while on holiday :-( Disappointed but not surprised. I now weigh 199lbs and would love to weigh 193 by the 1st August. Big goal I know, but am hoping the 3.5 will come back off fairly quickly! I have another mini break planned for mid Aug and would love to see the 180's for that!

What would you like to lose by the 1st Aug?

I haven't been going the gym as much since I've been back but I've still been going and I shouldn't need to hammer it the way I did just to stay at a normal weight :(

I'm going away with the hubby and step kids at beginning of August so would love to lose 7lb by then even though it will prob come back on while I'm there!

I would love to be 11 stone by january for my birthday but think thats just a dream!

I know what you mean about work I keep thinking I need a change of career but I've spent so many years and so much money training that it would be a bit sickening giving it up

A girl I went to school with died suddenly yesterday and it make you think how precious time is

Hah! 3 stone pls!!!!! But being a bit more realistic, I need to lose 2lbs a week to be a healthy bmi before my 40th birthday. So that's my goal. 2lbs a week for July is 8 lbs. Now the question is how? Are you ladies calorie counting?

Nope I'm not calorie counting! I'm vowing never to do it again but if I put even more on by August then will have to reevaluate!

Sensible eating and exercise...

I haven't been going the gym as much since I've been back but I've still been going and I shouldn't need to hammer it the way I did just to stay at a normal weight :(

I'm going away with the hubby and step kids at beginning of August so would love to lose 7lb by then even though it will prob come back on while I'm there!

I would love to be 11 stone by january for my birthday but think thats just a dream!

I know what you mean about work I keep thinking I need a change of career but I've spent so many years and so much money training that it would be a bit sickening giving it up

A girl I went to school with died suddenly yesterday and it make you think how precious time is

What do you do, work wise?

And so sorry to hear about that girl (lady...?) It is scary how much time and money I've wasted on diets...and so far I've made my health worse....

Sadly, I'm intending to calorie count for July, even though I don't want to! My strategy is to religiously stick to whatever MFP says my daily net calories need to be in order to lose 2lbs per week. If I want to indulge in more food, I'll have to make it up with exercise.

What do you do, work wise? And so sorry to hear about that girl (lady...?) It is scary how much time and money I've wasted on diets...and so far I've made my health worse....

I'm a solicitor. Work plenty of extra hours and don't get paid for it :(

I feel stupid when I look back on what I wasted on diets. Spent a fortune on shakes before I went on hol when I was already paying for a gym and a personal trainer and didn't need them (or use them!)

Just leaving work been in since 8 and haven't had a lunch hour just a sandwich at my desk. Maybe sitting on my backside all day is what makes me fat? I walked miles in Vegas!

What is it that you do caz? Don't ask why but I thought you were a carer?!

Gonna go for a walk after tea I think can't face the gym had a nightmare of a day!

What would you do if you could retrain, Heather?

I've no idea. I love animals and would love to sell with them but everything seems to be volunteering. Couldn't be a vet though!

I actually wanna be a lady of leisure if I'm honest! Spend time with my family go to the gym make healthy meals.... Dream on!

Back