Thought I'd give it a go!

Sounds like a great move Heather. I just went shopping and got loads of healthy food. I think tonight I'm going to make baked chicken pieces with wholemeal breadcrumbs and sesame seeds, and stick them in wholemeal wraps with fresh lettuce, onion, tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil. Can't wait

You make some really nice food! Im useless :(. It's date njght tonight so I'll be going somewhere nice for food and drinks and the sun has come out so can hopefully walk there :)

My husband has 2 kids so we only get every other weekend together so have to make the most of it.

The sun stayed out so walked to the beer garden sat outside and went to our favourite Chinese :)

Then it was still sunny so went back to the beer garden!

Going to the gym soon-feel like I got my mojo back!

Just started reading The Beck Diet Solution, which I presume is based on principles of CBT. I use CBT professionally so maybe I'll be able to apply it to myself! I can always hope :)

Just read three chapters so far but am already loving it. I think the psychology behind why we struggle to lose weight and keep it off is usually either completely left out or just composes a small section of the latest fad diet books.

I agree. We know what is and isn't good for us so if it was as simple as sticking to a diet we wouldn't be where we are now.

Fancied a carvery so we rode to the carvery and back on out bikes :) feels much better than sitting straight in the car

I've had it for ages and never read it until now. It looks like its a 6 week programme, with 2 weeks of prep beforehand. Day 1 of prep work is done - had to make a big list of all my reasons for wanting to lose weight, and am supposed to read it a minimum of twice a day, and when I'm feeling bad cravings.

I'm struggling :/ I could probably maintain my weight as I am but need to lose half a stone really So not sure how that is going to happen without dieting?!

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that to maintain any sort of weight loss it probably does mean a lifelong change in eating habits. It's kind of depressing isn't it?

I feel like a guinea pig with this no diet no weigh thing. If I have lost weight at beginning of August then it will be like a breakthrough that as long as your relatively sensible and exercjse you don't need to diet...

However if I put it on it shows you need to diet forever! Ha

At court today so only had a coffee and water so far!

It can be. I used to love my job but where I am now its so busy its not enjoyable. Had a horrible few weeks and am mentally and physically exhausted but hopefully it will ease off.

It can be v stressful, particularly the first part of the year and exam season. I mainly teach exam groups (GCSE & a level chemistry) so I have about a third of the teaching now than I had the rest of the year. I'm still busy preparing for next year but the pressure is less and I don't do nearly as much work at home. So this is the time when I try and get in good habits (which inevitably go out of the window come sept!) But that said I love my job!

I'm so sick of diets. I think the only way forward for me is healthy eating 80-90% of the time. But it's going to take a while to adjust and I still need the stucture of rules.

I'm currently trying no sugar no grain (80/20 - I'm not going to commit to never having sugar or grain again!!!) until my holiday in 10 days. Carbs are an issue for me but strict low carb is too restrictive. I'm hoping this will be a good compromise.

Back