Thought I'd give it a go!

Can't believe I did it! Not like me at all tp eat 2 bars of choc! Especially on a tue ha

I'm gonna nip and weigh myself now I know it's early but have to do it at boots and won't get chance if I've put on will have to fast again !

I'm not proud of it but hey ho!

I think things would be different if we hadn't had he heat wave cos I hardly went the gym and kept going the pub! But in a way I'm glad a did cos the weather is rubbish now and it was nice spending time with my hubby which I don't do usually!

Went to the gym last night and my class was 8.15-9.15 so by tr time I got in and had a Shower etc it was bedtime!

Gonna fast tomorrow and then next thu when I'm back from Wales

I'm more than 1/2 stone heavier than when I went to Vegas and don't wanna put it all back on and then more at Christmas and end up in a big panic after new year!

Bought my 153 hummus and carrot for lunch already just need to stick at it for 1 day!!

X

Hi everyone,

starting from next week I'm looking to start the 5:2 - I lost 19lbs when I first started exercising and eating healthily but have spent the last 4 months bobbing around the same mark. Hoping doing this will give me the boost I've been looking for.

As you've been doing it for a while are there any top tips and great meals you can recommend?

thanks

Welcome! I'm probably the worst person to ask-I fail like 90% of my fasts :(

It's great when you stick to it though!

I used to skip breakfast and have stuff already calorie counted then weighing and measuring doesn't become a chore.

It's easier if you stay busy and used to have low cal jelly, options hot choc and fizzy water to help me through!

X

Well my menus are all planned have worked it so that I do have something at breakfast lunch and dinner time as think I'll need the regular intervals. Doing it Monday will let you know how I get on

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well almost through the working day and so far so good. I meal planned to allow something to eat at breakfast lunch and dinner working on the small but regular idea.

Fingers crossed I see a benefit on the scales.

Do any of you exercise of fast days? Do you find it harder? Does it have a greater impact?

Sorry for all the questions just new to this :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

God I feel yuk! Only been in wales for a few days but seem to have eaten loads :(

Thinking of fasting tomorrow cos we come home tomorrow so will be packing up and driving home etc and then maybe Thursday too if I still feel like a fat pig :(

Ok, attempting my first fast in a loooong while. I would've preferred to have some healthy and somewhat filling foods prepared, but I'm going to try to make do. During the day at work I'm intending to have two boiled eggs and some green beans and tons of water. Not sure about tea yet....maybe some baked fish and steamed veg.

Hi everyone, starting from next week I'm looking to start the 5:2 - I lost 19lbs when I first started exercising and eating healthily but have spent the last 4 months bobbing around the same mark. Hoping doing this will give me the boost I've been looking for. As you've been doing it for a while are there any top tips and great meals you can recommend? thanks

Welcome and good luck! I'm probably the world's worst person to give advice on this way of eating as well! I guess my tip is similar to Heather, just try to prepare / plan your meals beforehand (unlike me today!). I think it's a process of finding out what works best for you - everyone seems to be slightly different on how they go about it, such as when or what they eat, what days they fast, whether or not they count cals on regular days, when / how often they weigh, etc etc.

Well I woke up to the smell of hubby making breakfast so my plan to fast didn't work out.

I am on holiday I suppose!

Back to work tomorrow so Definately fasting. Gonna skip breakfast and maybe even lunch then have a decent evening meal.

Feel absolutely awful cos I haven't been the gym for over a week too :(

Wednesday is my WI day and I lost 3lbs this week which is AMAMZING! I've been stuck putting on a pound losing a pound etc. for months now so this is a real boost just what I needed! Will definitely carry on doing fast days, my OH works shifts so I'm going to do fast days every other week which means it doesn't prevent us having family meals together.

Back