Thoughts about eating Crabs when finishing CD

Big H

Silver Member
Supposedly Carbs are bad because your body uses them as the first and easiest source of fuel and therefore stores fat. So if when finishing CD we ate just carbs, i.e no fat, after the Glygogen reserves were restored and a few natural pounds have gone back on (but not fat) theoretically we should not gain any more weight as no fat is being consumed?

What do you reckon?

P.S I'm just trying to find an excuse to eat carbs straight away when I finish :D

I wouldnt stop eating carbs. they are essential, but you will need to introduce them gradually back into your diet. i know that 3 sachets of CD=42.2 carbs, so why not try sticking to something like that. you can count carbs like calories too. Anyway, it isnt only carbs that make you gain/lose weight, it is a combo of fat, calories and carbs(or thingss that convert into sugar like white bread) Hey, keep dreaming about eating carbs, why not? that isnt bad, your already consuming them on CD believe it or not.

Gosh, just re- read your post. i think I misunderstood it. HHMM, ont think it would work coz we need fat, some sugar, and some carbs, protien etc.. in balance. You can not function without the fat

I just want my carbs - haha

Carbs covert into sugar which converts to fat. So you will gain fat back.

Carbs covert into sugar which converts to fat. So you will gain fat back.

Spoil sport :D

But it's the same theory as Slimming world, they have days where you can eat as many carbs as you like and theory is the body burns it all as fuel and doesn't store any as fat?

Well hun, not sure. But if that were true we could all eat white bread and mayo, sugar coated breakfast ceral and so on... and be slim....HHMM, never with me anyway. ......sorry dont want to be a spolied sport but ..... want to be realistic.... Hey, I dream of carbs too. he hehe... SW use a shock system on the body eeek

wouldn't work because the body needs some fats to just survive.

I think the key is moderation. Carbs are fine as long as you are not on a constant carb overload.

I eat a balance of carbs, fat and protein. Haven't put on any weight.

Carbs aren't bad for you. Certainly would be difficult to do CD with too many carbs though because you wouldn't be in ketosis, so you would be hungry on too few calories.

They certainly don't make you fat; it's calories that do that.

So Big H, you are correct that once the glycogen goes back (which doesn't cause a gain if you go up the plans) then you wont put on weight...well, unless you eat too many calories ;)

Spoil sport :D

But it's the same theory as Slimming world, they have days where you can eat as many carbs as you like and theory is the body burns it all as fuel and doesn't store any as fat?

No. Slimming world works on calories (in a roundabout way. The foods are low in density, so you get loads for your allowance, and so likely to reduce cals.

Hi KD, if we ate only carbs (which im not saying is good) wouldnt the overload of excess carbs covert into sugar anyway? And then in theroy into fat (because we couldnt possibly use that many carbs up in a day, if we ate enough to stop the hunger) hope im making myself clear...

Hi KD, if we ate only carbs (which im not saying is good) wouldnt the overload of excess carbs covert into sugar anyway? And then in theroy into fat (because we couldnt possibly use that many carbs up in a day, if we ate enough to stop the hunger) hope im making myself clear...

It doesn't matter what macro nutrient you eat too much of. Anyone of them will turn to fat if you eat in excess.

So yes, eat too many carbs and some will turn to fat. Same goes for protein...same goes for fats.

Thanks KD, I think for me it is easier with all the junk food out there to overload on carbs or I should say WAS EASIER, (not anymore)LOL.

BTW Big H, your thread title about eating crabs when finishing CD.

Would just like to reassure you that you can eat crab after CD. Great food, high protein, But everything in moderation and all that :

;)

is it only me that noticed the title says about eating "CRABS"....love it! lol :)

Thanks KD, I think for me it is easier with all the junk food out there to overload on carbs or I should say WAS EASIER, (not anymore)LOL.

Yeah, junk foods are often full of carbs and very easy to overload on!

Still, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Unrefined carbs are great, and learning to control the junk adds a little variety and excitement to the day :D

LOL, didnt notice that

Hi KD

Amazed by your fab results and maintenance!

How have you managed to maintain your weight loss? Do you still utilise CD in your diet to keep the weight off?

I am looking ahead and want to know the best / easiest way to maintain!

Thanks

Tracey x

Hi KD

Amazed by your fab results and maintenance!

Thankyou :)

How have you managed to maintain your weight loss?

Eating in moderation :cool: Oh and loads of head stuff ;)

Do you still utilise CD in your diet to keep the weight off?

Nope.

I am looking ahead and want to know the best / easiest way to maintain!

Thanks

Tracey x

I wrote more about what I do in the CD maintenance section. Kind of simplistic cos it took a fair amount of patience and understanding of myself to get to that point, but the basics of how I incorporate food and exercise into my day is in the message.

Hang on, I'll get a link.

:D Lol I can't help being iliterate

Back