Thoughts please?

Bess

Plod, plod, plod.....
Although I know now that I shouldn't have lemon juice, surely such a low calorie diet as SS even including lemon juice must result in significant weight loss? On day 5 now, feeling fine, I like fizzy water.

Although I know now that I shouldn't have lemon juice, surely such a low calorie diet as SS even including lemon juice must result in significant weight loss? On day 5 now, feeling fine, I like fizzy water.

Absolutely. You'll still lose fat though the scales might or might not reflect this. But, it could knock you out of ketosis and make you hungry, making the diet that much harder.

The carb levels in Cambridge are relatively high for a ketogenic diet, so put you in just a mild state of ketosis. It's pretty easy to upset the balance

Also without ketosis although weightloss is bound to happen initially due to the low calorie levels but this weight loss could stall as the body could go into starvation mode.

Thanks, Lucky star and KD. I don't think I really understand about Ketosis properly. My CDC didn't have the booklet to give me when I saw her for the first time this week. I'll try to find a thread on here which explains what I need to know.

Back