Thowing Out My Scales

mrstaylor

This maybe controversial ;)

When I started SW I decided that I would not be following a diet and that I would not be obsessed by my weight. For the first time in my life I was more concerned by my health than my figure.

So this is what I did.

I threw out my scales and and gave away all my fancy cook books (obviously not my Delia ha ha)

I figured I could get weighed at the chemist or at a friends house if I was desperate ( I haven't ) and that I could get a bazillion recipes from the Internet (I have!) I have created recipe folders for Lunches, everyday dinners and entertaining/ BBQ.

I haven't been to class for the last 2 weeks so I have no idea what I weigh! I admit I feel a bit nervous about it BUT I don't feel like giving up and that is the major difference this time.

I have seen the anguish that obsessive weighing can cause. ( ooh I have been really good today, but put on 0.5 lbs what's the point I might as well not bother)

Anyway my losses are slow, but this is working for me.

It took a lot for me to throw out my scales, but I am glad I did.

Anyone else out there willing to risk it? :)

Nope, no way an i weighing in a public place, so my scales are staying haha Plus it will be a waste of the £25 i spent to get them :p

Yes. I neeeeed to get rid of my scales. They drive me mad. I have to weigh my son weekly though so I'm having to hide them and resist temptation.

I occasionally manage to banish them to the wardrobe but the longest I've "gone without" is a week!!!!

Glad you have found a way that is helpful for you. I never weigh myself either and feel much more relaxed between sw classes :)

i weigh in every 3 months in boots.. i walk thru the door 2 mins after opening time, weigh in, grab the ticket and then walk out.. this is my offical weigh in, i do have the odd sneeky look at the gym, but i don't count it.

Malc-D said:
i weigh in every 3 months in boots.. i walk thru the door 2 mins after opening time, weigh in, grab the ticket and then walk out.. this is my offical weigh in, i do have the odd sneeky look at the gym, but i don't count it.

That is disciplined!
I think I still need a weekly weigh in to keep me on track. Last year I didn't stand on a set of scales for the whole year. I knew I was putting on weight because of my clothes, but I was determined to break my obsession!

I'm a little confused....

Is this throwing out your scales and not getting weighed ever or throwing out your scales and not having a sneaky peak mid week before an SW weigh in?

I don't have scales at home but I do attend class each week. I don't mind what the number says as long as it's going down. Surely the whole point of following SW is to see those numbers going down?

Yes I want to see the numbers going down, but not obsess about it by taking (many) sneaky peeks between weigh ins. And not constantly worrying about my weight anymore. I used to stand on the scales several times every day which ended up as self sabotage ie: if I'd put on I'd think "s** it. Whats the point... " Then I'd binge.

Then I completely agree with you! Sneaky peaks are not the way to go (in my opinion of course!). For some they are not detrimental but for others it really can set the scene for a good or bad day.

That's why I don't have them.

Sneaky peaks are a pain in the butt but I can't resist, i used to be an everyday weigher but it would bug me when the scales didn't move all week. I've managed to get it so I weigh only every other day, I will break the habit of serial weighing though cos I already know I can sts all week but then lose on the day, but still i wouldn't be able to ditch my scales, i'd end up going to get a new pair after about a week

I need to stop weighing myself, I do it every morning sometimes twice a day.. I wouldnt call it an obsession just when they are there I get curious and cant resist.. most of the time they dont move all week anyway and then they go down after my weigh in at the sw class so theres no point at all it just makes me feel crappy!

xx I need to reign it in.. might get my OH to hide them for the week x

I need to stop weighing myself, I do it every morning sometimes twice a day.. I wouldnt call it an obsession just when they are there I get curious and cant resist.. most of the time they dont move all week anyway and then they go down after my weigh in at the sw class so theres no point at all it just makes me feel crappy!

xx I need to reign it in.. might get my OH to hide them for the week x

Exactly there is nothing good about it when it makes you feel crappy! If you get your OH to hide them you will be passing the buck (and creating a potential row!) Put them away somewhere awkward to get to and see what happens :)

I never ever had scales in the house until last year...wish I didn't have them now but majority of time I weigh in once per week.
Would like to be disciplined on my own without weighing every week!!

Back