Thread for blokes starting LL in Jan/Feb 2008

mikey

Silver Member
Hi,
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for all the newbie blokes like me that started LL at the beginning of the year. As I have no idea how many or few that is, I thought it would be best to include anybody starting in Jan or Feb 2008

I did look to see if such a thread existed but couldn't find one.

I started LL 3 weeks ago, I thought it would be good to have a thread for newbies starting in the first couple of months of the year.

I have just had my 3 week weigh in (last night) and have lost just under 2 stone since starting.

No real problems so far. I haven't bothered with the bars just 2 shakes and 2 soups per day.

I use a lot of black pepper and tabasco in the soups which helps!

I eat (drin?) them all except Vegetable which I didn't like.

Shakes, I whip with loads of ice to make ice cream.

Favourites are in order Banana, Vanilla, chocolate, caramel (the rest I do not like).

I have felt cold for the first time in years the last couple of weeks, but this is normal.

Once I get down to ideal weight, and go through maintenance, I intend to have a lifetime GL plan as I think that is the most nutritional and healthiest approach to living as a slim person (at least I hope it is)

Good Luck all!
Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,

Good idea for a thread:)

I have just had my 3 week weigh in (last night) and have lost just under 2 stone since starting.

Fabulous weight loss for three weeks:happy096:

Well done!!!

Love Mini xxx

bump

hi now on week 3 . First week 12lb . Second week 5lb and now ready for monday. Did find it hard today really could have eaten today. But havent.
paul

so can girlies comment here too or is it a bloke only zone? Congratulations on a fantastic start of 2stone down in three weeks. Brilliant.

Promise not to say anymore unless girls are allowed in

Well I don't mind really, but perhaps there should be one for girls and one for blokes - What do you think?

Cheers
Mike

hi now on week 3 . First week 12lb . Second week 5lb and now ready for monday. Did find it hard today really could have eaten today. But havent.
paul

That is great! When I find it hard (like last night when the wife did a fresh roasted free-range chicken with all the trimmings), I think do I want to eat that or do I want to be thin again and it makes it easy really!

Good Luck Paul!

Hi all

Pleased to meet you.

I started LL on Jan 24th so halfway through my second week. lost an Fantastic 16Lbs in my first week. In reality this is a small chip out of a big rock! but I guess that is how michaelangelo & Rodin started all their best sculptures!!! :)

Hi everyone

Had my LL for Men introduction meeting last week, and went to my first proper meeting tonight.

Tomorrow will be my first day starting the plan.

Im incredibly nervous but excited at the same time.

Fingers crossed :eek:

Shhhh girl sneaking in :whoopass:

Good luck for tomorrow Pete - hope day 1 goes well for you :)

I had my weigh in last night (after 4 weeks) and was pleased to find out that I lost 7.7 lbs this week - more than last week!

I've lost a smidgen under 2.5 stone in the first 4 weeks so I am pretty pleased.

I also had my measurements done and in the same time I have lost 1 inch from my neck, 3.5 inches from my chest and 5 inches from my waist.

I have to say that it is pretty easy so far. I have done atkins off an on for years so I guess my body is well intune with ketosis. - No headaches, very little hunger and no real problems with the water.

Cheers
Mike

Hi, new to all this.
Day 4 and it all seems to be getting easier- less headaches today and the water is getting easier,I am in for my week one- half way check tonight.
Am looking forward to rechoosing the food packs etc +glad I've found this forum as I didnt tell anyone Iwas doing this:rolleyes:
Dan:)

Hi, new to all this.
Day 4 and it all seems to be getting easier- less headaches today and the water is getting easier,I am in for my week one- half way check tonight.
Am looking forward to rechoosing the food packs etc +glad I've found this forum as I didnt tell anyone Iwas doing this:rolleyes:

:D Hi lads, well done on your weight loss so far, i am back again on cambridge, when i first did it i went from 16st 7lbs to 13 st 4 lbs in 3 months, i was great, then after a good holiday abroad and other things it slowly crept back up with some extra weight, i have started again in jan and the weight is moving again, my best bit of advice is drink the water, it really is the key to losing the weight :D

sorry completely missed this thread somehow ! I'm on week 4 my WI is on Mondays. I've dropped from a 42inch Jeans to a 38inch already, but got a hell of a way to go yet.
Good luck lads keep it up ..

Come on !

sorry completely missed this thread somehow ! I'm on week 4 my WI is on Mondays. I've dropped from a 42inch Jeans to a 38inch already, but got a hell of a way to go yet.
Good luck lads keep it up ..

Come on !

Cheers for dropping in Gazz - well done mate!

Hi, new to all this.

It gets easier Dan - best of luck - keep us posted with your weigh in results!

Cheers

:D Hi lads, well done on your weight loss so far, i am back again on cambridge, when i first did it i went from 16st 7lbs to 13 st 4 lbs in 3 months, i was great, then after a good holiday abroad and other things it slowly crept back up with some extra weight, i have started again in jan and the weight is moving again, my best bit of advice is drink the water, it really is the key to losing the weight :D

WATER WATER Everywhere and I've got to drink it all!

Howdy, had my 1st week -(half way point) weigh in last night,
Started @ 97.8Kg on Monday night and after four days am 94.5Kg:D . Not sure how much of that is initial water retention being shed or actual fat. Ketosis is definately in the mix now -as I have very odd bitter taste in my mouth and had to wee on a Ketostix strip last night and it indicated a light pink colour, which is good I think. Am looking forward to next mondays weigh in as this the first week is meant to be the biggest loss is it not? And hopefully the motivator for the next weeks.:)
So glad I've found this forum as I said before, I havent told anyone as I 've got two friends that have done it, and there is a fair amount of stigma attached to the LL programme.:rolleyes:Just glad I've got a support network and outlet for all the strange goings on with my body!
Take care All- have a good weekend:D

Back