Thread for blokes starting LL in Jan/Feb 2008

Well done Dan sounds like your diet is going very well for you!

Good luck with your weigh in on Monday!!!

Love Mini xxx

Sunday blues ish

Sunday night and quite a hard weekend. The cravings on Saturday night were severe, home alone and very difficult to stay off the food in the freezer, managed it though, same again this evening!!
Never known anything like it....
Its very identifiable as a psychological craving and not hunger , which is interesting. It goes to show how much I must eat when I'm bored or am in some other head space that isnt hunger(saying that I know hunger is a physical thing not a head state)
Any tips on how to beat the cravings, other than drinkinf water!! walking, having a shower+ do they ease off with time or are they much more complex psychologically to sort out (CBT etc)
Sorry so many questions - fairly rough 1st weekend dealing with it all. Glad I didnt cheat though or would be feeling ten times worse!!!:)
Hope your weekends were good and filled with sunshine like it was down here.
Dan
ps am looking forward to my 1st week Weigh In tomorrow night....:D

Dan really glad you didnt cheat. I think you have the right idea. Yes it can be difficult and yes it does get easier.
The counselling definately helps with the cravings cause as you say they are probably emotional and boredom.

Funnily enough I find coming on here really helps me as it keeps me busy and you get some real positive vibes from them all. Believe me I sometimes think that my lap top is a part of my anatomy:eek:

Sending you positive vibes now.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Hi everyone,

just found the site through my missus and it's been inspirational redaing all your stories...well done everyone, keep going.

Just starting my third week and so far lost 19lbs, which I'm well chuffed about. Getting the rumbling tum and miss actual eating, but I don't think it's hunger just habit changing that is making food pop in my brain.

Just wanted to ask if anyone found if they got muscle pain in LL. Had spasms in my arm and wondered if this was a side affect or maybe i actually hurt my arm lifting stuff.

Anyway I'm just starting out on my journey, and have made just a dent on a big obstacle, but its good to know I'm not the only one who is gonna fight this and succeed.

Welcome Toller boy, glad you enjoy it here and well done on your weight loss so far.

I did suffer from cramp quite early on about week 3/4. I have never suffered with it b4 and had it in my legs and one arm. They were so bad that I could hardly walk the next day.

However I posted on here and mentioned that I was downing lots of Sparkling water, so stopped having so much and they disappeared.

hope that helps.

Sunday night and quite a hard weekend. The cravings on Saturday night were severe, home alone and very difficult to stay off the food in the freezer, managed it though, same again this evening!!
Never known anything like it....
Its very identifiable as a psychological craving and not hunger , which is interesting. It goes to show how much I must eat when I'm bored or am in some other head space that isnt hunger(saying that I know hunger is a physical thing not a head state)
Any tips on how to beat the cravings, other than drinkinf water!! walking, having a shower+ do they ease off with time or are they much more complex psychologically to sort out (CBT etc)
Sorry so many questions - fairly rough 1st weekend dealing with it all. Glad I didnt cheat though or would be feeling ten times worse!!!:)
Hope your weekends were good and filled with sunshine like it was down here.
Dan
ps am looking forward to my 1st week Weigh In tomorrow night....:D

Well done Dan.

I have heard that to stop cravings you can squeeze both earlobes. Not sure if i was being ribbed, but fortunately I haven't had the need to try it out.

Give it a go and let us know.

Good luck!
Cheers
Mike

Hi everyone,

just found the site through my missus and it's been inspirational redaing all your stories...well done everyone, keep going.

Just starting my third week and so far lost 19lbs, which I'm well chuffed about. Getting the rumbling tum and miss actual eating, but I don't think it's hunger just habit changing that is making food pop in my brain.

Just wanted to ask if anyone found if they got muscle pain in LL. Had spasms in my arm and wondered if this was a side affect or maybe i actually hurt my arm lifting stuff.

Anyway I'm just starting out on my journey, and have made just a dent on a big obstacle, but its good to know I'm not the only one who is gonna fight this and succeed.

Well done!

I've had no muscle pain, but I have a neck ache now - I think I did it picking up something akwardly that has aggravated whiplash I suffered 3 years ago.

Cheers
Mike

It's great to see you men all posting and to read that you're all doing so well ..... even though I could go green with jealousy at your losses.

Keep it up guys, you're doing yourselves proud xx

Cravings Cravings Cravings!!!!

Well had my 1st week weigh in- Lost 5.2Kg or 11.4 pounds in old money, like I said before not sure how much of this is actuall weight loss or water retention being shed.
Was ready to chuck it all in last night before the meeting because of the intensity of the cravings-and am glad I didnt.
Have got some bars now, so that's helped a bit.:)
Will keep you posted on the earlobe accupressure trick- hope it works.
Thanks for the tip Mike- Greatly appreciated!!!:D

You will find the cravings do subside for the most part Dan. The only time I really get them is when I see someone else eating something that looks lush - and oddly enough, it is always healthy food that appeals, so thats a plus!!

Well Done on your loss - GREAT START!!!

x

Week 5 weigh in :

Lost 3.74 lbs

Total lost 38.06 Lbs
BMI down from 42.9 to 37.92

I had a couple of days in Belgium this week, with all the food laid on. I managed to avoid the lunches easily, and for the evening meal that they laid on at a rather good restaurant, I had saved a shake and 2 soups. The idea was that I would have one for each course. That worked OK, so I had a mushroom soup whilst they all had a plate full fo smoked salmon! As they tucked into sirloin steak with bernaise sauce, croquettes and vegetables, I had my Thai Chilli soup.

I then realised that they were having 4 courses, so looked on as they tuicked into cheeses - my favourite and saved my shake to go alongside the belgian chocolate mousse they were having.

I did it ! - First restaurant visit and I held it together despite pressure from some!

Everybody was very impressed - me included!

Hopefully this week will give me a bigger loss. The chaps in my group say that it happens like that for some people - small loss 1 week then a large loss the next.

I hope so.

Cheers,
Mike

Well had my 1st week weigh in- Lost 5.2Kg or 11.4 pounds in old money, like I said before not sure how much of this is actuall weight loss or water retention being shed.
Was ready to chuck it all in last night before the meeting because of the intensity of the cravings-and am glad I didnt.
Have got some bars now, so that's helped a bit.:)
Will keep you posted on the earlobe accupressure trick- hope it works.
Thanks for the tip Mike- Greatly appreciated!!!:D

Great weightloss Dan - hang in their mate!

Blimey guys - you are all doing sooooooooooo well:talk017:

I'm off to bed, have had a bad evening with family stuff and read this thread to cheer me up - and it really has helped.

Well done you guys!!!!!:wow::happy096:

Back