Three bars

Wayz

All, I am unexpectedly heading to London wig work tomorrow night for a day or possibly more. I'm stressing at what to do diet wise and am thinking I will bring along bars and soups (don't like the shakes!) and if all I can do is have 3 bars because it might be a bit tricky to start making up a soup around a massive boardroom table, that shouldn't do much harm ... Should it?

I know the bars are slightly higher in carbs but only marginally so and even if I had 3 my cals souls be approx the same as 1 bar and 2 soups over the day.

I think I've convinced myself that that's ok as a one off but any comments welcomed!

Thanks all x

Bee is right, sounds like it shouldn't hurt! Enjoy, I'd love to eat three bars a day haha I love them :p

Would eating 3 bars a day really make such a difference? Am curious. Does it have so much carbs that it would take someone out of ketosis?? (not so clued up on the whole carbs thing!)

The info pack they send you when you start says they are higher in calories and fibre and that could take you out of ketosis if you eat more than 1 a day. I'm sure there is someone out there who has tried it and it's worked out okay!

I have one bar and 2 shakes a day, I do remember reading that you are not supposed to have more than one bar a day as they are higher in Kcals than the soup and shakes! why dont you buy a couple of Carbonara's and then just boil some water in your hotel room, or I am sure you will have a lunch break where you can use the boiling water from the kettle / urn? that could work and would feel like more of a meal and keep the grumbling at bay!

Steve

I'd say its better 3 bars than any conventional food. I had two yesterday as travelling to London for a day long meeting and then travelled home. I thought it better than having the food that was laid on which would take me out of ketosis anyway. Good luck. Don't stress.

Thanks all have packed bars and soups and will see how I go but will have 3 bars if that's t best I can do!
Fingers crossed!!

Good luck! Although you don't need it, you'll do fine!!

You will be fine - I do it quite frequently! Sometimes 2, sometimes 3 a day! There's less fat and less sugar in a bar compared to a shake. Yes there is more fibre, but I think that can only be a good thing :D x

Thanks plyscuba! I had a slice of cheese on the train and just got to hotel ( upgraded to an exec suite which is HUGE!!!!!) and made a lumpy soup!

Think I will be fine! Feel sorry for my colleague tho as by this time we would normally be ticking into something yummy and polishing off a bottle or two of vino!

Bath and lovely sleep for me!

Would eating 3 bars a day really make such a difference? Am curious. Does it have so much carbs that it would take someone out of ketosis?? (not so clued up on the whole carbs thing!)

This question has come up a few times before and we are not entirely clear as to why it should make that much of a difference. Honestly, if someone is that carb sensitive that it would take them out of ketosis, they might struggle with exante altogether because I find the carb content reasonably high considering it's a low carb diet. It's too much for me, I've had to tweak it to make it suit me, I think that's why my losses weren't as high to begin with.

I think in a situation like this particular one where it would be a major inconvenience to have soups/shakes it must be better to have three bars for a day or two than to not be on the diet at all.

Yes I agree Bee, well put. Some of the bars have been printed saying 14g instead of 19g of carbs anyway at the mo, so we don't know whether thats a typo or they've reduced? They're not that much different using the higher figure anyway!

I like the lumps in the soup, ha ha! x

Hi,

I think three bars are definitely better than going off plan. At the start, I had 2 and 3 bars just to fill me up. Now down to 1 a day, and today I'm not going to have even that. Got loads of soups and shakes - will be stuck with them only if I gobble up all my bars :)

But your food choice of steak and salad is fine. It will keep you in ketosis which is the important thing in the end. When I go out I just do it the ATKINS way. Hope this helps.

I am thinking of going onto 3 bars a day as i am running out of packs so will see what it does, will let you know.x

I am thinking of going onto 3 bars a day as i am running out of packs so will see what it does, will let you know.x

Have you tried the 3 bars a day thing yet? How are you feeling?

no not yet, still have some packs to go.x

no not yet, still have some packs to go.x

Okay. Well it will be interesting to see how you get on. I'm down to having only one bar a day now. Trying to go the whole of today without even that. Have removed a pasta for lunch and a soup for dinner. Had the porridge in the morning. Hoping the added variety will help me stick to plan.

Want so much to be 100% today and leave the 12 stone zone by the end of the month if at all possible. I know it is a big ask, but hoping that because it is TOTM today, that it will be possible if I'm super good all week.

Back