Three or four pouches a day?

Hello all it's good to know I can have a fourth pack if needed :) x

I've just restarted and with a BMI of 47.9 was told I had to either be on the 810 plan or have 4 shakes with a pint of milk too. I've compromised and said I will have 4 shakes but only have milk in one of them :)

Well done on your amazing loss!! I'm supposed to be on 4 packs a day due to my height but struggle to even take 3 somedays so have never taken the 4 but best to listen to your CDC x

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm new to this - just finished day 3. I have found the hunger and tiredness almost unbearable so far and had 4 pouches on day one, 3 yesterday and 5 today as I just felt like I couldn't function properly. Does the hunger and spaced out feeling go away once you have reached ketosis, and how do you know when you have reached it?

P.S. I am actually enjoying all the products so far but they are gone too quickly and don't fill you up!

Hi there blueskies. Yes it's definitely worth persevering, most people seem to find the first week the worst and after then (once ketosis kicks in) it becomes easier. I felt exactly the same as you during the first few days, so hungry my stomach ached and I was really spaced out too! But this gradually got better and now (8 weeks on) I feel fine. I still feel hungry from time to time, but not that constant gnawing hunger I felt at first. And the pouches seem to fill me up now, might be because our stomachs shrink while on the diet?

You can buy ketostix to test whether you are in ketosis. I bought some from ebay but most consultants seem to have them. I've heard they're not always reliable though as the can sometimes give different results depending on the time of day and how much water you've had etc. Probably the main way you'll know when you've gone into ketosis is when you start to feel better! For most people this seems to be around day 4-5 but it can vary.
Keep going, the first few days are really tough but it's worth it :)
Potter x

Thanks Potter -I actually do feel a little bit better this morning (day 4) and as if my stomach may have shrunk a bit. I also seem to have lost 4lb which surprises me as I almost wasn't really expecting anything to happen! I will definitely carry on. It's great to have somewhere to chat to people going through the same thing and I'm so impressed by what you have all achieved so far. Lx

Hi Potter

I'm really glad you're still on the plan and doing well - 8 BMI points is AMAZING - congratulations on your progress :D I was scrolling and scrolling as I didn't see you post after you said you were trying capuccino flavour as you still didn't like anything, made me really happy to see you pop up with a fabulous loss so far!

Aw thanks laulaulazza, it's really sweet of you to notice!
Yes I'm still going and it's funny now to look back on my posts when I was just starting out. I guess over time we all find our own way and what products we like and don't like. I've more or less given up on the shakes and now exist on soup and cranberry bars, but I'm happy with that. Most days I have just 3 products, and my total loss is just under 3 and a half stones in 8 weeks which I'm really chuffed about. Though it was hard finding my feet at first at I think over time it gets easier. Are you just starting out, and are you going to be doing sole source? Let us know how you get on! I definitely recommend Cambridge, it can be hard but it's all worth it :)
Potter x

Yep - I'm on SS, 3 packs a day. I had 55.8 pounds to lose to get to a healthy BMI when I started last week. I got weighed yesterday and found out I lost 8.2 lbs in the first week. I'm really chuffed with that. I did lighter life three years ago, so I'm no stranger to VLCD diets, but I kept off 25 of the 60 lbs that I lost with LL, and was expecting this time to be easier because of that, but actually I've still got the same old head stuff going on - I'm having no problems sticking to the 3 packs, and now I'm on week two I'm feeling OK, but I keep getting odd thoughts of "I can do this without being on shakes" or "I don't need to do this plan for as long as I initially thought" which is obviously rubbish, but they're ideas floating around my head. Anyway - all is good so far with 8 days under my belt :D Thanks for asking!

Hi, i'm on day 3 of SS, managing to stick with porridge for brekkie, soup for lunch, shake for tea, and half a bar if i feel the need! Took me nearly 5 months to loose 5 stone 3 years ago, so hoping to loose the 4 stone i regained by October.

Back