Thrush...?

laws1200

Sorry personal question, but I'm on my second week of SS+ and today have developed thrush has anyone else had this?
As a nurse I am very aware of the reasons why you get thrush and the only one that would relate to me at this present time is my diet has changed which although I dont feel stressed about maybe I am....

Just a thought to see if anyone else went through this?

Could it have something to do with the fact that this diet is like a detox and that some conditions can come out that were dormant in the body?

I have noticed that some get cold/flu like symptoms in the first few weeks which can be related to Candida dieing off...

I have psoriases myself and I find when I am SSing it is greatly improved and getting better each week.

I suppose it could be a factor as the balances have changed in the body? Or have you changed soap or anything??

no change to soap just change in diet and drinks... it's a mystery maybe I'm due a bout of it.... just funny it's coincided with starting the diet

Hi, in the space of 4 weeks on the SS I got 2 colds but most people seem to think that it was purely bad luck. I think that there is more to it as I very rarely get a cold……..

Aislinn x

I got it hun I got a pelvic infection dont worry just get it treated xx

No, it hasn't happend to me either time I started the diet, and I'm quite prone to it normally.

nothing here so far touch wood x

Sorry if this is too personal...........

I have been doing some research and found this old post. Today I had to go to the doctors because by back passage was giving me so much pain. She has diagnosed thrush and we talked over the causes. B4 doing CD I never had milk or dairy as it caused thrush in me and she feels the high lactose content of the packs is not agreeing with me so I will swap on to the lactose free packs just as soon as I can. I also told her i was using dulcolax which i have seen a lot of people mentioning and she said that it is too harsh ( I know CDCs have said this before but they never explained why) apparently if you get chronic runs then the friendly Bifidobacterium bifidum are expelled from the colon and Candida may then proliferate. (got this off the internet). So take heed use the recommended preventatives rather than a laxative cos you dont want to be sitting where I am (LOL) :wave_cry:

Back