Thursday weigh in club??

Although today should be my weigh in day I'm refusing to take part as I've gone up and not down despite not cheating. I'll post next week instead with hopefully more positive news.

Although today should be my weigh in day I'm refusing to take part as I've gone up and not down despite not cheating. I'll post next week instead with hopefully more positive news.

sounds like your sulking. This s#@/ doesn't happen overnight. I'm making a life change that will be for the next 50 years here.

sounds like your sulking. This s#@/ doesn't happen overnight. I'm making a life change that will be for the next 50 years here.

Damn right I'm sulking. I've been on this for 30 days and this last 3 days I've gained 5 pounds yet been 100%. I think that warrants a sulk. And yes I know it doesn't happen over night, and I'm in it for a life change too which is why it's so disheartening. Maybe if I'd gone and cheated like everyone else seems to I'd have lost 5 instead.

well done abbz, over half a stone. That's an achievement i hope you're basking in the fruits of your dedication :happy096:

Haha thank you! Congrats on your loss so far too x

Good for you. Now get over it girl. When you say you're in it for life, I'm not convinced you appreciate just how long that is. However old you are that got to be at least 20 years. VLCD's are quick but compared to life left, a month or two isn't all that surely.

Its usually me doing the whole time scale quote to give people support. I'm sure it will sort itself out but it has made me feel down. I'm allowed once in a while as I have been super supportive of everyone whilst I've been here, so now it's my turn to be a bit glum. It won't last as I bounce back however for a short while i am feeling low and sulky. Roll on next week when I'm done feeling sorry for myself.

Its usually me doing the whole time scale quote to give people support. I'm sure it will sort itself out but it has made me feel down. I'm allowed once in a while as I have been super supportive of everyone whilst I've been here, so now it's my turn to be a bit glum. It won't last as I bounce back however for a short while i am feeling low and sulky. Roll on next week when I'm done feeling sorry for myself.

Hopefully your body will have adjusted to slim & save by next week and you might feel a bit better :)

:bighug:

Thank you. Feeling better today. I found this:

Glycogen is a branched chain of glucose molecules made by and stored in the liver and also stored in the muscle cells to provide the body with an energy source that can be used quickly. Glycogen is stored in the muscle in a 1 to 3 ratio, 1g of Glycogen to 3g of Water. The approximate amount of glycogen the body can hold is said to be 50-100g in the liver and 400g in the muscle cell. Based on holding 400g of glycogen in the muscle we can estimate that 400g would hold with it 1200g of water. Combined would give 1600g + the additional glycogen in the liver would amount to 1700g (1.7kg or nearly 4lb).
When you started your VLCD your body had to use up all of your carbohydrate from the bloodstream as well as all of the glycogen stored in the liver and muscle, which we now know could account to around 4lb in weight loss that is not fat. So, when you come off any VLCD programme that involves ketosis you can expect to regain this 4lb of weight because as soon as you start to eat carbohydrates they will convert to glycogen and be stored back into the muscle along with the water. Remember 1g of glycogen stores in the muscle with 3g of water. After long periods of ketosis your body can also 'supercompensate' the reloading of carbohydrates and take in more than your body needs. Supercompensation would be a temporary phase and would regulate itself within a couple of days at most but initially could account for an extra 2lb in glycogen/water weight gain.
So remembering that this weight you will regain is not fat weight you can allow yourself not to be concerned about gaining approximately 4-6lb in the first week of re-feeding. If you gain more than 4lb this would generally be lost within the next week naturally.

Although I'm not refeeding, I think because I've switched from only shakes to food I reckon it's pretty much had the same effect on me as now my body is having to digest food properly rather than having it in easy liquid form.

Down another 2.5lbs this morning, not as much as I'd like but atleast it's something and I'm down 10.5lbs in two weeks :)

Well done! I only lost 1lb on Monday so feeling your pain. Keep it up!xx
Was it just a one-off? I was hoping to lose more than this :( Thanks, you too! xx

Every week is different and some are slow and others are really high. It's just the way it goes. Sometimes there's nothing. Other times there's gains.

Was it just a one-off? I was hoping to lose more than this :( Thanks, you too! xx

Yeah I think it's slowing down now. I'm down to 8stone 11lb & I think my body is telling me I'm nearly done! I usually average at about 3/4lb per week x

Hi all, Ive just started LT today so Thursday will be my weigh in day. Can I join you all? Im so excited for next Thursday x x

Welcome! :)
Good luck with your Lipotrim journey, you'll love the results! I expect you'll lose a heck of a lot by this time next week, most people do. Keep us updated and why don't you start a diary so we know how you're getting on? x

Week 3: down another 4.5lb, so 15lb in total :D

Welcome! :)
Good luck with your Lipotrim journey, you'll love the results! I expect you'll lose a heck of a lot by this time next week, most people do. Keep us updated and why don't you start a diary so we know how you're getting on? x

Thanks Abbz. well done on your weight loss. I started a diary earlier today. hopefully it will keep me motivated. x x

Thanks Abbz. well done on your weight loss. I started a diary earlier today. hopefully it will keep me motivated. x x

Thank you, and ooh good! I'll make sure that I subscribe to it. Minimins is very motivating xx

Back